The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

My MagDK is doing NO damage

ReverseVenom
ReverseVenom
✭✭✭
Whattup bois and girls its been a thicc amount of time since ive last played, im runnin an argonian magdk with sun and 5h shacklebreaker. Everyone now sees to be able to heal through my entire combo with a vigor, even if I stun them down and get em low they just pop right back up and idk what to do, advice?
Nerf mudcrabs
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MagDKs have an absolute s***ton of damage this patch and I'm loving it!

Remorph your whip to Molten. It got massively buffed with Elsweyr, and can hit nearly as hard as a spectral bow when you line-up a combo properly.

Also go with light armor. I'm not sure when you last played, but a slew of heavy armor nerfs (in conjunction with some small buffs to Light) have made heavy not worth using for DDs. Go with light, and slot a couple of protective traits on your jewelry if you need more resistances.

Argonian is also no longer as overbudgeted stat-wise since the Wrathstone adjustments. Most damage-oriented builds will now be running Altmer, Breton or Dunmer.
    Edited by TheYKcid on May 27, 2019 5:11AM
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • ReverseVenom
    ReverseVenom
    ✭✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »

Remorph your whip to Molten. It got massively buffed with Elsweyr, and can hit nearly as hard as a spectral bow when you line-up a combo properly.

Also go with light armor. I'm not sure when you last played, but a slew of heavy armor nerfs (in conjunction with some small buffs to Light) have made heavy not worth using for DDs. Go with light, and slot a couple of protective traits on your jewelry if you need more resistances.

Argonian is also no longer as overbudgeted stat-wise since the Wrathstone adjustments. Most damage-oriented builds will now be running Altmer, Breton or Dunmer.

Ah I see, yeah im running heavy. and really molten over flame lash huh, wild. okay thanks a ton!, any sets you reccommend instead of heavy shackle?
    Nerf mudcrabs
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bright-Troats Boast mate, together with Sun, destro - resto and some protective jewerly and you good to go, have fun.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its just i noticed on eu-pc that many ppl started using tankier sets so even and experienced glasscannon like me had problems taking people down. those necro also heal and tank ridiculously good. u rly need focused dps of multiple ppl to rly get anything done right now
    Edited by Noctus on May 27, 2019 1:30PM
  • ReverseVenom
    ReverseVenom
    ✭✭✭
    I run with a healer friend, what about BSW and sun for some hella damage?
    Nerf mudcrabs
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget spinners, really good damage set, for sure if you have a healer. BSW is fun, used it a lot but I am on the sun or spinners boat, you always know what you get.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spinners and pen in general is a better damage investment in pvp as damage is cut, so stacking damage is getting half benefit where as stacking pen is getting full benefit. so yeah, go with pen.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    What about the Wings change? Thoughts on Protective Plate vs Dragon Fire Scale?
    @ElizabethInTamriel
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I first keep on rocking Protective, the snair removal will keep my movement up and making me able to get into range
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @WoppaBoem!
    @ElizabethInTamriel
    NA/PC
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah one more question! So most are dropping BSW for Sun then combining with regen set? I used to run Bloodthorn and BSW all the time before my break in December. Thanks!
    @ElizabethInTamriel
    NA/PC
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bright-Throat is a great set, the bone pirate for mag, combine this with spinners on front bar, back bar use a defensive option you like. Tri stat enchants on all pieces for max stam and health.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And sun in nice, as you get the buff from continues attack, major and minor sorcery plus more health, so it depends, but I have both sets and use whatever I feel like. However in the build calculator in effective spell damage, spinners comes on top by a large margin
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    WoppaBoem wrote: »
    Bright-Throat is a great set, the bone pirate for mag, combine this with spinners on front bar, back bar use a defensive option you like. Tri stat enchants on all pieces for max stam and health.

I have a couple of bright throat sets I can utilize. Also when you say "defensive" sets, what do you mean exactly. Been gone a while and my brain is still in relearn mode haha.
    @ElizabethInTamriel
    NA/PC
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »

Ah I see, yeah im running heavy. and really molten over flame lash huh, wild. okay thanks a ton!, any sets you reccommend instead of heavy shackle?

Shackle and BSW is really solid with either Skoria/Grothdar in heavy or Bloodspawn in light. I like running heavy in no CP and light in CP. Gotta have ele drain in heavy no doubt. I’d drop sun for sure. Having the stam from shackle is key. You don’t need a lot of magicka recovery with mag DK. 1500 should be fine especially if you’ve got ele drain. I can get away with 1300.
    Edited by Vapirko on May 27, 2019 3:56PM
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best in slot would be menders resto staff from black rose prison. I use the simple death winds set on my back bar to get more phisical resist. You decide, you can go a for set with more mag recovery, more health for stronger shield its up to you
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Best in slot would be menders resto staff from black rose prison. I use the simple death winds set on my back bar to get more phisical resist. You decide, you can go a for set with more mag recovery, more health for stronger shield its up to you

Ok that's right, anything that is not specifically damage is considered defensive. Thanks!!
    @ElizabethInTamriel
    NA/PC
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

have u considered using Race Against Time in Psijic?

I'm using that as my snare removal allows me to use Dragon Fire for added damage.... and those fireballs apparently hurt quite a bit in PvP... (as stamDK I also have Forward Momentum on the other bar, but basically yes, u want snare-immune as much as u can in PvP ;) )
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • DTStormfox
    DTStormfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

have u considered using Race Against Time in Psijic?

I'm using that as my snare removal allows me to use Dragon Fire for added damage.... and those fireballs apparently hurt quite a bit in PvP... (as stamDK I also have Forward Momentum on the other bar, but basically yes, u want snare-immune as much as u can in PvP ;) )

I use Race Against Time too for snare removal (also gives you minor force and major expedition). Basically, much better than reflective plate. Especially, since the other morph gives another flame damage source. Dragon Fire Scale works much more like Crystallized Slab from Warden now.

The damage overall is better imo. Replace Flame Lash with Molten Whip and slot some Engulfing Flames and Burning Embers on the same bar to buff spell damage.
    Only responds to constructive replies/mentions

Immortal-Legends Guild Master
    Veteran PvP player

• BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    And sun in nice, as you get the buff from continues attack, major and minor sorcery plus more health, so it depends, but I have both sets and use whatever I feel like. However in the build calculator in effective spell damage, spinners comes on top by a large margin

FYI Build Editor doesn't factor in specific spell damage increases by default. So sun won't show up. You will have to manually input the increased fire SD from Sun.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m playing a mag DK, too!

Except I’m doing damage and having a good time.

:smiley:
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭

FYI Build Editor doesn't factor in specific spell damage increases by default. So sun won't show up. You will have to manually input the increased fire SD from Sun.

Fair enough, as I know have balanced Spinners and Sun, both do almost equal damage, however Spinners is better (in game testing) and because spinners is lower on spell damage buffs like weapon enchant and the new flame lash stacks give more increased damage than with Sun. However I like both sets and I have them.

How do you add the fire spell damage manually in the calculator? As the tool tips are accurate, but the difference in effective spell damage are indeed not correct as in game the difference is their but not so much as the tool would suggest.

Thank you.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe give the bloodthristy trait a try on your jewels...and, adjust your crit damage cp...

I have sun combined with julianos and valkyn skoria...I'm using the resto staff and also potions to sustain...

I'm still in 5 heavy/2 light though (I'm always a good 2 or 3 updates behind the meta :()...i may look at reversing that ratio...
    Edited by geonsocal on May 30, 2019 8:49PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭

Fair enough, as I know have balanced Spinners and Sun, both do almost equal damage, however Spinners is better (in game testing) and because spinners is lower on spell damage buffs like weapon enchant and the new flame lash stacks give more increased damage than with Sun. However I like both sets and I have them.

How do you add the fire spell damage manually in the calculator? As the tool tips are accurate, but the difference in effective spell damage are indeed not correct as in game the difference is their but not so much as the tool would suggest.

Thank you.

The tooltips update correctly. You can click the ellipsis next spell damage to add the 400 to the calculation, and then add that total buffed value to the effective spell damage calculation