Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would you pay almost 80,000 gold for a gold plating?

StarOfElyon
StarOfElyon
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm trying to get some jewelry to gold but I need platings. I see two in the guild store on Xbox One NA going for almost 80,000 a piece. Would you pay that much for a gold plating?
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No way would I pay that much. I've pretty much given up on improving jewelry or doing jewelry master writs. My master crafter improved one piece of jewelry for the achievement gold dye and now I am done!
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to say no but honestly if it comes to it then ye. I really hate not having a maxed char for pvp, it's not really worth it though.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The difference between purple and gold on Jewelry is minuscule ...
    shades.gif

• StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright. I just want to get the max enchants out of my gear. guess
    I'll give up
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ironically, I have more Chromium platings than Zircon. You get Chronium grains from daily writs; Zircon, you're at the mercy of decon RNG.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I paid 60k for my gold briarheart ring, and 70k for the gold necklace. I would likely just adjust my build to use gold jewelry available on the market compared to buying plates.
    PvP needs more love.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want it, its worth it. 320k gets you a piece of any gold jewelry you want vs 250k and waiting years for it to show up in the Cyrodiil golden vendor.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    80K is the min I usually see on PC NA server. And yes I have paid 80K and slightly more on a few occasions.
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want it, its worth it. 320k gets you a piece of any gold jewelry you want vs 250k and waiting years for it to show up in the Cyrodiil golden vendor.

^This, if its important to you just do it or wait till it might pop up at the golden vendor. It also kind of depend of which set we are talking about. You might find gold jewelery from some popular sets a bit cheaper at guild stores.
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll give up

you can still re-enchant and get the gold level enchants... even on purple gear
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sudaki_eso wrote: »

^This, if its important to you just do it or wait till it might pop up at the golden vendor. It also kind of depend of which set we are talking about. You might find gold jewelery from some popular sets a bit cheaper at guild stores.

Yeah, when they do drop from the golden... there are plenty of PVP players who will buy multiples of the popular sets to actually convert their AP into Gold.

It also depends on the set. For, say Worm, the effect is minimal in going from purple to gold, since the 5 piece bonus doesn't change at all with improvement (Changing 1 neck from purple to gold, when it was in the golden vendor, gave me 1 more spell damage, 1 more recovery, and 6 more magicka... lol). For Mother's Sorrow, it's a different case, since the 5 piece bonus does change.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox EU they where 120K per plating. Paid 1.2m to get my BSW jewerly to gold. I really enjoyed it however I always keep changing sets so they are in the bank now lol. Luckly my new set is spinners and got all jewerly in gold quite cheap in the guild stores and gold vendor.

But yes I would buy it. Its a game and its in game money. If you enjoy having everything gold go for it. My MagDK has everything gold even the food :)
    Edited by WoppaBoem on May 30, 2019 1:01PM
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    I'll give up

I mean the set bonuses as well. I wear Innate Axiom as my second set and I'm not getting the max stats out of it with just purple jewelry.

Too bad, I blew most of my hard earned 80k on alchemy ingredients once I gave up on the dream of gold jewelry. Guess it's back to grinding again.
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll give up

I mean the set bonuses as well. I wear Innate Axiom as my second set and I'm not getting the max stats out of it with just purple jewelry.

Too bad, I blew most of my hard earned 80k on alchemy ingredients once I gave up on the dream of gold jewelry. Guess it's back to grinding again.

Purple, is really good, yes you see the difference in the stats sheet but not really in gameplay. If you really want to go farming resources can make you a lot of money if you really want to go for it in a straight line, if not play the game keep building case and it will come
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll give up

With it being a crafted set, it'd be up to you whether or not to gold it out.

Personally, if you were going to spend a majority of your gold to upgrade (and based on what you said, that seems to be the case), there are a lot of better things to spend it on than the marginal increases you get from upgrading the jewelry from purple to gold. The alchemy mats are probably better. There are lots of ways to earn gold, and if you decide in the future to upgrade, you will still be able to.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take a close look at the difference between Gold and Purple Jewelry. It is a fraction of a percent in just raw stats. Even worse, it is a much smaller difference in overall DPS.

Long story short, it is the least effective upgrade farm you can do for your character.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gold vs Epic jewelry. You can place legendary enchants on both, But the gold jewelry gives you higher effect on it trait (This can change your DPS with quite abit) Purple bloodthirsty vs yellow bloodthirsty. Also, the purple or gold effects your shared set bonuses. So if you are 2 gold armor parts + 3 epic jewelry you will only have 2/5 of a gold armor set in set bonuses. But these bonuses are tiny. and these are the differences people think of when they say "Gold is a miniscule upgrade" As yes, it is.

Also if your jewelry is purple and arcane, robust or healthy upgrading too gold wont increase your dmg by much.
    But if you use bloodthirsty, the difference from epic too gold is greater.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Buy them if you want or spend time gathering gold grains to make platings. Your choice.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double post...
    Edited by glavius on May 30, 2019 2:25PM
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    shades.gif

Only do it if you still have plenty og gold left and is quite sure it's a set you will use for a long time. Also, for some traits the difference is almost nonexistant.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Really depends. I recently redined 10k dust and got 50 chromium grains for my weekend of farming (surveys mostly). Averaged out it came to 1 plate per 3 hours of farming. I know a lot of people that would be willing to skip that. In fact enough have to give me several million in gold in the last year
  • HalvarIronfist
    HalvarIronfist
    ✭✭✭✭
    sudaki_eso wrote: »

Yeah, when they do drop from the golden... there are plenty of PVP players who will buy multiples of the popular sets to actually convert their AP into Gold.

It also depends on the set. For, say Worm, the effect is minimal in going from purple to gold, since the 5 piece bonus doesn't change at all with improvement (Changing 1 neck from purple to gold, when it was in the golden vendor, gave me 1 more spell damage, 1 more recovery, and 6 more magicka... lol). For Mother's Sorrow, it's a different case, since the 5 piece bonus does change.

This.. a month or so ago when briarheart was in the golden vendor, I bought a set of the jewels for myself, and then 4 rings and 2 necks to sell. was a LOT of ap to spend.. but I feel like the sales were very much worth it.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    shades.gif

The difference it trait potency between purple and gold isn´t neglectable imo
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. I would wait until I got the mats myself or just not upgrade at all.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I willingly spend large amounts of imaginary money so my dress-up-man hits slightly harder, yes.

I think I've probably bought 50 or so platings to upgrade stuff--generally the best bet is to look for gold rings/necks directly, but if you can't find them (or they don't exist), what else are you going to do with your gold?
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold vs purple is a small difference, though if you have the gold to spare, then upgrading one item to legendary grants the pretty nice 'divine gold' dye. If you don't have a lot of gold, then better to wait till you get your platings from crafting writs/refining.
  • Vigawatt
    Vigawatt
    ✭✭✭
    You'll save money if you buy grains instead of platings, though it'll take longer. I bought grains for less than 7,000, so a I can make platings for less than 70,000.
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did pay. Rare gold trinket prices are so much that it is still cheaper to craft them.
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    no
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe I would. I'm not going to say that I would not pay 80k for a gold plating. I've spent more than 80k on one motif and my dps didn't go up much at all, if any. :D
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--