The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

vMA stage 9 cp allocation?

Isojukka
Isojukka
✭✭✭
So, any tips to allocate cp points for stage 9 (last boss)?
My character is stamdk cp523.
Any help appreciated.
Eso since Xbox launch and switched over to pc 1/2019.
  • testd4n1
    testd4n1
    ✭✭✭
    >stamDK

I feel bad man. I rolled a sorc just to get through that place. It was actually a cake walk but until the final boss even though I had sub optimal gear.
  • Isojukka
    Isojukka
    ✭✭✭
    testd4n1 wrote: »
    >stamDK

I feel bad man. I rolled a sorc just to get through that place. It was actually a cake walk but until the final boss even though I had sub optimal gear.

Haha yeah :'( im already used allmost 25k to reallocate my cp points. Thats why ask help :/
  • testd4n1
    testd4n1
    ✭✭✭
    Isojukka wrote: »
    >stamDK

Haha yeah :'( im already used allmost 25k to reallocate my cp points. Thats why ask help :/

What part are you having an issue with or where do you keep wiping?
  • Isojukka
    Isojukka
    ✭✭✭
    >stamDK

What part are you having an issue with or where do you keep wiping?

Crystal part. I once managed to destroy them and managed to get boss down to 10% but i was too slow with the soul?explotion and cg killed me. Im still salty from that :#
  • testd4n1
    testd4n1
    ✭✭✭
    So, with the crystal part, you need to find a way to deal with the CG reliably. After that when you are dealing with the crystals if you will be taking constant damage, if you aren't able to deal with all three by the third boss burst mechanic, drop down, deal with the CG and go back up, the soul churn damage will have reset and you can then deal with them.

Then nuke the boss after you have gotten the power sigil, make sure he doesn't get the ghosts, they will come to him.

I don't have any class specific advice. Sorry.

Edit
    I also wanted to add that I usually save all sigils until the end, helps ignore adds and focus on the boss.
    Edited by testd4n1 on May 14, 2018 10:49PM
  • Isojukka
    Isojukka
    ✭✭✭
    So, with the crystal part, you need to find a way to deal with the CG reliably. After that when you are dealing with the crystals if you will be taking constant damage, if you aren't able to deal with all three by the third boss burst mechanic, drop down, deal with the CG and go back up, the soul churn damage will have reset and you can then deal with them.

Then nuke the boss after you have gotten the power sigil, make sure he doesn't get the ghosts, they will come to him.

I don't have any class specific advice. Sorry.

Thank you. Lets hope that tomorrow i will finish it :p
  • Gladium
    Gladium
    ✭✭✭
    I do not think your CP allocation is what is holding you back, I think it is likely your strategy. I finished as Flawless Conqueror on this patch with stamDK at CP 477, geared in MA/VO. Here is my approach:

1. Pick up the DPS sigil at the start and pound boss

2. If unable to skip adds, burn the daedroth and teleport up (boss will be finished off by DoTs)

3. Finish all 3 crystals in one go (drop DoTs and work on multiple crystals at once)

4. Hop down and interrupt boss' channeled attack.

(Gold ghosts are 1st priority in this phase, keep your eyes open)

5. Kill summoner

6. Grab the 3rd gold ghost and use the synergy straight away to stun boss and daedroth (daedroth always spawns with third ghost, so you should never have to deal with him), focus boss and kill him before the stun ends. If this is not possible, pick up shield sigil for a clean finish. Remember the skulls still knock you back even with the shield sigil.

EDIT: Misremembered my CP at the time of Flawless.
    Edited by Gladium on May 16, 2018 9:02AM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter much actually. I do change CP for some trials, for example ignore Hardy in favor of Spell Shield if a trial has only magicka or elemental damage in it, but don't bother changing CP much for vMA, let alone different stages of that arena, since it has them all. You can put more in Thick Skinned if you're having trouble with the DoT upstairs, but normally Deadly Cloak should take care of that for you since it's considered an AoE. I've found great success in the arena by slotting Corrosive Armor on back bar for the difficult pats of some fights. For the last stage of the 9th arena you may need that if you don't manage to burst the boss straight up, and have to tackle the daedroth and healer mob together with the boss and maybe in execute phase if you fail to burst him while he's stunned. Other than that is pretty straight forward.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before the boss spawns, place all your ground dots: endless hail, caltrops, rearming trap.

When he spawns, activate the ballista ultimate and fire a quick poison inject, then barswap to your melee weapon and wail away.

Since you're dk, start melee rotation with claw then spam your melee spammable until he's at 70% health.

This should stop him from spawning the CG
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Astrid
    Astrid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best advice I was given: ignore the boss completely he hits like a wet noodle as long as you interrupt. treat the CG as the true bosses. Get a self heal on and grab the healing sigil once you’re down to be safe - kite and melt the CG and then just drop an ultimate on his ass.
    Edited by Astrid on May 19, 2018 5:33PM
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    My advice is sound on all chars mag or stam.

And it COULD be cp allocation - done share play for hundreds of people and thousands of completes myself and you'd be surprised to see the CP allocation some people have done...

Red tree is by far the most important thing that would be holding you back. If you want to be exact let us know exactly where you've placed your points.

Thick skin 60
    elemental defender 60
    hardy 40 (or you can go healing)

STRAT:

1. Engage Boss - DPS until she teleports
    2. Back up and hit defensive sigil, on your left kill mage then back on boss.
    3. Prepare for CG should have 10 seconds left on Defensive CG will do "no damage"
    4. Take out CG and back on boss to push 70-71%.
    5. Crystal phase (not going into it) should know to move in 1 direction to ensure meteors always falls BEHIND you with 1 constant flow of direction.
    6. Going down interrupt boss (depending on spawn location) if he spwans on top avoid aoe - "you probably know this by now"
    7. Kill add walking towards mid (buys you an extra 60-68 seconds) if you were to COMPLETELY ignore the next one.
    8. Back on boss collect the gold ghosts.
    9. Once the 3rd ghost spawns, she will telelport and begin doing windmill skill. What you CAN do is rush the 3rd gold ghost (ignore windmill) and spectral you just have to roll ONCE while collecting to completely dodge the 2-3 hits incoming.
    10. Finish off boss.

Keep in mind you have power/healing/haste at your disposal if you need it.
    This is completely true for any class stam/mag above 400 CP ++

Lukumms
    Edited by Lukums1 on May 20, 2018 10:59PM
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, any tips to allocate cp points for stage 9 (last boss)?
    My character is stamdk cp523.
    Any help appreciated.

My advice is to just spec for DPS for the entire vMA and don't change it. You can do it (believe me, if I can do it with a magplar then you can, too). Just takes practice and learning the mechanics.
  • Isojukka
    Isojukka
    ✭✭✭
    I finally finished vMA yesterday! But now on PC and with my ~440cp magsorc. Problem was that i wasnt calm enough upstairs. And ironically i did get bow when i was looking staffs... 😑