The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stam Sorc Trial Incompatibility - Not Welcome

wearsidehero
Im not looking for sympathy or extra skills from ZOS, stam sorc is what is until the developers decide otherwise, but I am looking for help on what direction to take. I started the game 18 months ago and have a lofty and unrealistic ambition to get all achievements on one character (i realise i am 99% beat before i start, but stick with me). Not knowing much about ESO i picked Sorc and just ran with it, I have amassed a lot of grindy achievements that I am not going to repeat on another character, black market mogul and the trove scamp achievements in the sewer were fairly brutal, Im about 31k in on the achievement front, so all in all im stuck with a version of Sorc, boohoo yes i know.

I have completed a vet Trials all Craglorn HM's vMoL, vCR+1, vAS+1 but the latter 2 plus the new vSS I feel like Im carried at best in these trials where being Mag has an innate advantage. To get any further seems very difficult as vCR, vAS and vSS in partiular. especially the HM runs, stam sorc is unwelcome at best, and if you do get an invite you feel like your not adding much to the group. I have two options:-

1. Stick with Stam Sorc - is there a build i dont know about that allows for better performance in these range friendly trials, I use slime craw or Kragh/slime, VO and Automoton or Briarheart in vAS /vCR in these mobile fights, any more experienced stam sorcs got tips that allow you to be more competitive, or am i just waisting my time?

2. Convert to Mag Sorc - is this any good in the latest patch, I have done a bit of research seems sustain is trash and damage is lowest of the Mag classes? is it a case that a poor Mag character beats stam sorc in most trials anyway?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated on which direction to take
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you looked at your class passives?

Convert to mag sorc.

>,>
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk if raids are still using spiders. But if so, bow/bow sorc with daedric prey and atro.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can definitely swap back and forth as mag sorc with pets is really strong option right now. That's for the trials that don't welcome stamina at least, but even as a stam sorc having identity issues it is quite strong dps spec outside vas/vcr, see no problem running one in vss.