The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

TRADING and Questing Merged.. Real RPG Crafting. ( NO need for AUCTION Houses)

BlueAvenger
BlueAvenger
✭✭
Heres my idea:

1. NPCs should only white /common gear.
2. This creates a need for Green and Blue gear. Purple and Gold gear is for elites and should take a long time or effort to get.
3. Now since we have a "Demand" for Green and Blue gear, the crafters of tamriel will be able to "Supply" the demand but instead of selling items from their bags they will do something better.........
Scenario A: You reached lvl 12 and want to go to Fungal Grotto but you feel all your gear is lowbie (common) gear. And now you want a Chest Armor for example .
But how would you know that your armor is bad when you can't compare it?
Solution: Your Guild has this scroll that is searchable and indexed with all the items that the players in the guild might have found or trade or possessed at any point of time while they were in the guild. Whenever a player acquires a new item , its name is sent out by a magical bird that carries this knowledge and stores it in the "Wisdom Scroll" .
Now you look up in your guild window and see this scroll and search for the item you want. Then you ask a few people if they can make the said Item for you. Or Better yet you send "Craft Request" in the guild. Any Crafter will be able to see this request and try and fulfil it.
THe best part here is to Fulfill the request. The Crafter and you both go on a journey far far away and kill Giant Beasts /Demons in a Dungeon and acquire the crafting materials from them. But the interesting part is the crafting materials are "BOund to the DUNGEON location" and will get destroyed once you move out of it.
So the crafter will now start crafting Right there and give it to the player who wanted the item. The transaction may involve no gold at all but could be a barter that they had decided earlier before starting this journey.

Now this is how an RPG should treat trading and crafting.
Points to Note:
1. Player vs Player interaction oriented.
2. Self worth oriented.
3. Feeling of good deed done.
4. Feeling of a multiplayer game.
5. Feeling EPICness after the item is crafted.
6. Good deed get known to others faster than you think. So more will flock to the crafter with such requests.
7. Now Crafting is truly a REAL profession and not Just a WINDOW!

Please post your thoughts and try and improve the system I am talking about. Its Not perfect but atleast its better than a Robotic Window.
  • Voasa76
    Voasa76
    Soul Shriven
    How about people who just LOVE to gather and craft. I read your post on the auctionhouse topic. And yes im just gonna say it , WoW for me was ALL about selling stuff, gathering stuff, making gold. BUT... here's the confession, IT GETS BORING after a while.. but i simply cant help i just like to spend hours collecting stuf, gathering is what I like to do.. now how about and i seen this in some games, the ability to set up your own little store, not a networked one, but simply a push of a button sits you down, and you can set prices in a window, and just sit down and sell.

q: How to overcome gathering bots selling all day spamming the chat?

a: first of all im thinking of a separate zone, and ONLY within this zone can you set up market, and there should be only 1 channel to be allowed to advert it, the open chat or specific marketzone chat.

Playing the merchant, you should also just be bound to the ammount of spaces in your backpack, so a market stall should not be an endles pit for item placement.

Also you need to be present, to operate the market stall, leave within 5 meters orso and your stall goes POOF!

you could even limit the amount you can sell, cause of a system where being a merchant becomes a skill line, we can be thiefs, wizzards, hero's why not merchants??

what is the problem to make a stall if someone worked their arse of to gather it all, and even if they bought it cheap somewhere else, they still are bound to rules of the merchant system.

Just wondering what you all think about that, I know it might not been thought trough completely, and probably someone already might posted something like a merchant system, but hey thats my failing to not search forums before i post cause im a lazy reader :P

@ BlueAvenger ✭

I do really like your thoughts about things, but sometimes people just dont want to be socializing, and just have fun RP'ing a merchant who does hard labor and just wants to sell stuff without yelling or without asking persmision open trade windows with people and stick the product in their face, just one zone , one market for all
    who wants to sell, and the prices? let that be the merchants war :)

EDIT: After reading myself back i see the potential danger of my idea could be besides the bots that are already being used to gain gold, to sell, there will be people who are going to use bots to harvest/gather, but for that I directly wuld solve that myself with an extra system where you have to type a magic word or click a magic symbol at every node you want to harvest/gather, something bots aint able too (think CAPTCA)
    Edited by Voasa76 on April 12, 2014 2:51PM