Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

EMPEROR AND VOLENDRUNG

ShenaniganSquad
ShenaniganSquad
✭✭✭
This is absolutely stupid that the emp group can have both artifact and emp ... the emp cant pick it up but his group can... its so *** stupid.... you need to fix this bs ESO
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree, if you're faction is emp then you can not pick up the artifact.
  • Coggo
    Coggo
    ✭✭✭
    The Big F'ing Hammer has introduced an exciting new dynamic to Cyrodiil, but it defies all sense of balance when it spawns for the Emp Alliance. When the map is all one colour surely the BFH should favour spawning on the loosing side giving that side an opportunity to reset the map.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, we have population imbalance caused or exacerbated by faction locks combined with a ridiculously OP weapon. Sounds awesome. /sarc

Look on the bright side at least when the map is painted the winning side can't do any more damage with BFH.
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't even been pvping and just that concept seems beyond ***. It's like this game's devs have never played their game. I guess that's how they validate cashing their paychecks while leaving 50+ bugs in place for years.
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally balanced...
    8coleZh.jpg
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ufretin wrote: »
    Totally balanced...
    8coleZh.jpg

giphy.gif
    Edited by ChefZero on May 28, 2019 5:32PM
    PC EU - DC only
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master allaince gets a master weapon.... Whats the issue?
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Janoy
    Janoy
    ✭✭
    Now that IC has been given its own campaign, why not fill in the center of the cyro map and just make a centralized spawn point for the hammer? Would potentially make for some pretty cool tri-faction fights too.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly thought that the artifact weapons were designed to "catch up" the lower score factions...Ohh was I wrong thinking that ZoS used common sense...Artifact weapons should only spawn in the controlled area of the lower scoring factions, and should not be able to be even picked up any faction that has emperor...
    Janoy wrote: »
    Now that IC has been given its own campaign, why not fill in the center of the cyro map and just make a centralized spawn point for the hammer? Would potentially make for some pretty cool tri-faction fights too.

This^^^^ @ZOS_GinaBruno

here's a cute cat...make it so...
    cutecat2.jpg
    Edited by UppGRAYxDD on May 28, 2019 7:45PM
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Janoy wrote: »

I really hoped this would be the way they'd go with IC and make it part of the landscape finally. Fix the bridges and let us ride through the city, if not the sewers. Sadly, they decided to make part of the Cyrodiil geography even more separate from the Cyrodiil instance in which it geographically existed.
  • Knightpanther
    Knightpanther
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hammer is the most stupid idea I have ever seen in all my considerable years of gaming.
    WTG to ruin what was real fun.

Be safe
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coggo wrote: »
    When the map is all one colour surely the BFH should favour spawning on the loosing side giving that side an opportunity to reset the map.

Iirc it's supposed to do just that, but apparently it doesn't.
    Even if it did it would do no good. In a campaign as dead and one-sided as mine, a lone wielder from an underdog alliance would be zerged down by the dominant alliance as soon as he reaches the front. :s

• killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the map is all one colour surely the BFH should favour spawning on the loosing side giving that side an opportunity to reset the map.

Even if it did it would do no good. In a campaign as dead and one-sided as mine, a lone wielder from an underdog alliance would be zerged down by the dominant alliance as soon as he reaches the front. :s

This is close to correct. If a campaign is struggling with dispropotional populations factionwise Volendrung is NOT a good solution, not at all. When Volendrung has entered the "game", the search for it starts. Usually it is indeed the alliance with the lowest score who gets it, also quite often behind their gaites, so it can be picked up relatively comfortable, though I have also seen it been picked up by other alliances when gates are camped.
    Now the "issue" stats when its picked up. Remember the underdog low pop pugs now has this weapon, they are not very organized and the holder is usually someone undergeared and with inadequate backing. I have seen holders with no clue what to do, just breaking down everything, including milegates preventig them from getting backup from their own faction...yes...
    The problem starts after the initial few keeps being taken. The emp alliance gets an idea about where its headed and just shows up. The holder cant heal himself, so the hammer has, in every sngle one time Ive seen it in action, dropped in the hand of the emperors alliance. Then the two remaining factions logs off and cyrodiil is done for a very long period.
    The worst is when this happens on a breaking moment where the underdogs are close to de-emping. Holder will always end up at the emp keep, lose it and then in half an hour the map is again all in emp colours.

So personally when volendrung spawns and I know theres only pugs around, my pro-tip is to take back the tri-keeps and maybe one more with great caution and scouts, and then drop the damned thing either into niben river, or take it back behind gates to let it despawn in peace.

If theres ever gonna be a logical function behind volendring, the emperors alliance can never be allowed to pick it up. Simple, but possibly difficult to do from a technical point of reference.
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is close to correct. If a campaign is struggling with dispropotional populations factionwise Volendrung is NOT a good solution, not at all. When Volendrung has entered the "game", the search for it starts. Usually it is indeed the alliance with the lowest score who gets it, also quite often behind their gaites, so it can be picked up relatively comfortable, though I have also seen it been picked up by other alliances when gates are camped.
    Now the "issue" stats when its picked up. Remember the underdog low pop pugs now has this weapon, they are not very organized and the holder is usually someone undergeared and with inadequate backing. I have seen holders with no clue what to do, just breaking down everything, including milegates preventig them from getting backup from their own faction...yes...
    The problem starts after the initial few keeps being taken. The emp alliance gets an idea about where its headed and just shows up. The holder cant heal himself, so the hammer has, in every sngle one time Ive seen it in action, dropped in the hand of the emperors alliance. Then the two remaining factions logs off and cyrodiil is done for a very long period.
    The worst is when this happens on a breaking moment where the underdogs are close to de-emping. Holder will always end up at the emp keep, lose it and then in half an hour the map is again all in emp colours.

So personally when volendrung spawns and I know theres only pugs around, my pro-tip is to take back the tri-keeps and maybe one more with great caution and scouts, and then drop the damned thing either into niben river, or take it back behind gates to let it despawn in peace.

If theres ever gonna be a logical function behind volendring, the emperors alliance can never be allowed to pick it up. Simple, but possibly difficult to do from a technical point of reference.

Couldn't agree more.
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, I’d say , if their damn servers could handle it they should just make the hammer spawn in the middle and it would be a free for all and race to get to it first. Could you imagine the chaos of 3 factions meeting in the middle to fight it out? But we can’t have cool battle royale things like this cause their servers are crap. GG zos.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South