The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crafting weapons/armor beyond level 14

user0666
user0666
I noticed that I cannot craft a weapon beyond level 14. And I'm already a level 18. What can I do to fix this?
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the weapon is a staff or bow, get your woodworking up. If the weapon is an axe, mace, sword, etc, get your blacksmithing up. The level you can craft is dependent on your crafting level, not your character level.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to decon other gear to level your crafting. Then put points into that craft, in the top slot, to increase it's usable level.

If you are leveling your first character do work on leveling your crafting and doing research but do not stress about crafting gear while you level. You can find drops to use or ask in your guild if someone can help out.

When I leveled my first two character, 5 year ago, I wore drop gear until after they passed lvl 50. I only crafted some white no set bonus gear if I had not gotten anything for a slot in a while and that was rare.
  • user0666
    user0666
    lol i just figured out on accident why I couldn't make greater than level 15 weapons/armor. I'm supposed to be using steel ignots! I have no problem crafting anything beyond 15 now. I just made it to level 20 and I just finished spending the last few hours crafting a max level set of weapons and armor and was able to "improve" them twice, thanks to finding plenty of honing stones and dwarven oil at a guild trader. Ahh, the satisfaction of FINALLY learning how to really craft on ESO.