The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Valley of Blades

• Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently they *did* fix it.

I just ran this quest today and it didn't do that.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What a *** joke... The skeletons might not respawn, but they are still WAY WAY overpowered for level 35....
  • Sasco
    Sasco
    ✭✭
    Just did this today and the skeletons are definitely re-spawning!! Horrid
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The most horrid thing is that even after the number of /bug reports, they STILL haven't fixed this.
  • netch_a_sketch
    netch_a_sketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know this is a really old post but I felt the need to bring it back up again because the end bosses are still extremely difficult. I found it impossible to complete without the help of Silver Bolts, as others have pointed out and I think the developers may need to go back and have another look at it.
  • Nomad79
    Nomad79
    I did this for the third time today on Xbox and died three times. The undead bosses are still way overpowered and a gigantic PITA. It's easily the most difficult quest in the entire main story chain. Even on my magicka Templar with a crapload of healing and conserving my resources, dodging properly, etc I still died TWICE. NPC's do virtually nothing and I would literally rather shoot myself in the face than slog through this one again. Difficulty is fine but UNFAIR difficulty not so much. Despite my wall of negative text I really love playing this game but whoever designed this quest should just not have a job anymore.
  • JuZ
    JuZ
    ✭✭
    I've done this one with 3 characters in relatively quick succession, it is a bit tricky but not really a problem for any of mine who are all very different.

1st up was my Breton mage, she didn't have any trouble at all but she did have the Clanfear tanking and the Twilight providing support.

2nd up was my Khajiit Nightblade, he aced it and made it look very very easy.

3rd up (yesterday ) was my Bosmer Templar who did die once but she got the job done without too much fuss.

The hardest section is definitely the undead but when there's more than 1 of them the companions can keep 1 occupied while you deal with the other.
  • SEATTLESxFINEST
    SEATTLESxFINEST
    Soul Shriven
    It doesn't matter what level you are it's scales to your level and those skeletons at the end are impossible they need to make it so that when you die at that point you can respawn and start where you left off instead of starting over
  • pfloyd71b16_ESO
    pfloyd71b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Finally had to hold up my hands and say Zenimax has beaten me as I've given up on this quest and the game. Trying it on my Archer Warden I just couldn't survive the skeletons as the npc's and my bear can not keep aggro off me and blocking when I switched to my melee setup didn't work as my health was going down faster than I could heal. This doesn't feel very Elder Scrolls to me nor was it much fun to play.

Oh well Look like it's back to Skyim Special Edition for me and waiting for the Elder Scrolls 6.
  • Bereanb14_ESO
    Bereanb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    May I have an update on this quest please. I feel it is Bugged
  • Bereanb14_ESO
    Bereanb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    brandon wrote: »
    This quest pissed me off. I did perfectly fine until I got to the final section with all the bosses, I killed the first couple bosses and started fighting the next ones and then the original ones respawn. I died about 6 times because I had to fight like 5 bosses at once. I hope they fix this soon because I'm almost there on my alt and I don't want to do that again.

Need update please.
  • Llaren_Uvayn
    Llaren_Uvayn
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say this is definitely the hardest quest in the main story. I tend to die once to the undead and then beat it. It helps if you don't aggro them all and focus them down quickly before attacking the next.
    PS4 / EU

Sadryn Hlervu: Warden tank
    Llaren Uvayn: Templar healer and faithful Tribunal servant
    Ashanabi Addunipu: Ashlander mercinary from the grazelands
  • ldzlcs065
    ldzlcs065
    ✭✭✭
    Did it today for my cp600+ character, even though I can finish any mob within 3 hits I still died once, that skeleton really did damage....
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

We have closed this topic as it was originally created in 2014 and the information contained within may longer be relevant to the game. In many cases, it's better to create a new thread on a topic that you want to discuss as opposed to bumping one that is rather old.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.