The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Elsweyr furniture plan farming

electromagnets
electromagnets
✭✭✭
Please share farming locations! Has anyone found any Traitor’s-Vault-style-goldmines? ;)
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know if someone DOES share such a thing it'll immediately go on the axe list...
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    You know if someone DOES share such a thing it'll immediately go on the axe list...

Yep, not disclosing my Elsweyr furnishing pattern farming locale either ...

Edited by Taleof2Cities on May 21, 2019 2:01PM
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, not disclosing my Elsweyr furnishing pattern farming locale either ...

PMs aren't considered disclosure, are they? <hint><hint>
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Pinesy
    Pinesy
    ✭✭✭
    Dragons seem to be a semi-reliable way to get 'em. I had good luck yesterday with the document caches. I have horrible RNG, so I never go "urn" hunting (i've literally never received a blue+ recipe from that, in all the times i've tried...). Plus i'm leveling up my new necro by killing all the flappy sneks.
    Beezenees IGN (PC/NA)
  • Haenk
    Haenk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pinesy wrote: »
    Dragons seem to be a semi-reliable way to get 'em. I had good luck yesterday with the document caches. I have horrible RNG, so I never go "urn" hunting (i've literally never received a blue+ recipe from that, in all the times i've tried...). Plus i'm leveling up my new necro by killing all the flappy sneks.

I pick up everything when passing, and already found 3 new ones (2 blue, 1 green), plus about two dozens of older ones (blues and greens). So the drop rate seems to be quite OK.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS doesn't need to read a forum post to see where everyone is farming. If something is being over populated/farmed they'll find it through internal data.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH, none of the container farming I've done in Elsweyr has been fruitful. At all. Like, 4 hours = 1 blue.

Dragons are a better bet. Though, I did notice that the longer I fought them, the fewer document satchels dropped. May need to relog when all you're getting is adventurer backpacks.

Good hunting!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    ZOS doesn't need to read a forum post to see where everyone is farming. If something is being over populated/farmed they'll find it through internal data.

Only if everyone is over farming it...
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

I dunno. TV was up for 3+ months. It felt like an intentional way to saturate the market with patterns - and I was aok with that.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well in theory if their data checking people are doing the checking right, they should still spot spikes in areas.

However considering I am saying this about the company who posted that "everything is fine" whilst people were making millions of AP flipping Bleakers I am probably having too much faith in them detecting such things.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • thermatico
    thermatico
    ✭✭✭✭
    I either got really lucky the first day or they turned down the drop rate. On the first I found 2 purples and 2 blues just looting containers and houses during questing since then a few greens from dragons. I am also getting random furnishing plans from dragon document drops now.
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been picking up plans like crazy in this zone. Maybe I just have amazing luck, but with all the urns, bags and drawers I pick up 4-6 blue and at least 1 purple a day. Not always Elsweyr ones, but take what you can get. I've got a few already anyway. More than I have Murkmire ones, and I farmed that crafting area almost every day.

Dragons, btw, are massively disappointing. 15-ish slain and I have 12 useless packs of junk, 2 bags of useless materials and one document satchel. Once the hype dies off and groups stop swarming dragon spawns they'll be a nightmare to take down anyway.
  • Pinesy
    Pinesy
    ✭✭✭
    I had really decent luck with receiving document caches from dragons on my new Necro healer on the first day I made her (day before yesterday), but I went back yesterday and out of like 10 dragons killed, only received one document cache, which didn't contain a furnishing recipe.

I did not receive even one plan after looting everything in site while doing the main story quest yesterday...

I wonder if they nerfed drops... I sigh. I hate my RNG. Guess i'm back to boring gold making ways to try and rely on folks with better RNG than I...
    Beezenees IGN (PC/NA)
  • electromagnets
    electromagnets
    ✭✭✭

Guys... they don’t need forum posts or internal data checks to know where the farming areas are... they created them and know exactly where they are. The areas (if there are any like Traitor’s Vault) will get nerfed regardless of how many people farm them or post about them...
  • XDark_One13
    XDark_One13
    ✭✭✭
    The palace in Rimmen has lots of containers. No enemies to fight and it's not stealing.
  • Martinfort
    Dragons are my go to if i'm wanting to find them, rather than stumble upon them, Joined a group for about an hour, pulled 500k+ worth of recipes, (4-5 items) 1purple 3 blue 1green
  • ValkyriesWolf
    ValkyriesWolf
    ✭✭✭
    Was running yesterday dragon runs for more than three hours.... 25 dragons later I got whole of three new Elsweyr items, whereas I was pulling like 7 each day with less effort before..... so my rng left me there xD
    Metal forever \m/
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was running yesterday dragon runs for more than three hours.... 25 dragons later I got whole of three new Elsweyr items, whereas I was pulling like 7 each day with less effort before..... so my rng left me there xD

The drop rate always goes down after a release.