The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cyrodiil is just too broken to play

MazzarattiMama
MazzarattiMama
✭✭✭
Within the last 3 days, Cyrodiil NA Xbox, any campaign, has been absolutely impossible to play any longer than 3 to 15 minutes at a time. And while we all know the problems with lag, glitches, bugs, etc., has been really rough for some time now, it's gotten increasingly worse over the last three days. I've dc'd 9 times in the last hour, screen freezes at unpredictable rates, skills do not deploy most of the time, and when they do there are several seconds of latency in-between then everything goes off at once. These are just a few of the problems. I know I'm not the only one who experiences this now or in the past. And please do not patronize or reply with snarky comments. I just want to hear from someone within the company, devs or otherwise, explain to me why pvp is broken and what they are doing about it now, and not in future updates. Please.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More players are coming back to Cyrodiil because they like faction locks.
    Lethal zergling
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Stupid comment. The new patch isn't live for console yet, anyways.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does that make a difference? Interest in Elsweyr has people returning to the game now, not just waiting until official launch.
    Lethal zergling
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does that make a difference? Interest in Elsweyr has people returning to the game now, not just waiting until official launch.

More people are coming back. At 8 CST last night I looked at the 30 day CP camp. 3 bar AD, Pop locked EP, 3 bar DC.

Pop caps are 150 per faction and the queues are meh for “so many people coming back because faction lock. “
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You're a complete and utter troll at this point.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »
    You do realize that calling someone a troll is, by definition, trolling, do you not?
    Lethal zergling
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elong wrote: »
    You do realize that calling someone a troll is, by definition, trolling, do you not?
    But it’s not?

I feel like your argument has broken down when the response to being called a troll is essentially: No U

And before this gets into a feedback loop that ends in the thread being locked, maybe we all step back on this now?
    Edited by Kartalin on May 22, 2019 9:07PM
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    And before this gets into a feedback loop that ends in the thread being locked, maybe we all step back on this now?
    If the lock opponents can't refrain from expressing their frustration by name-calling, then locks are the just destination.

Lethal zergling
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's pretty bad, and doesn't seem to have anything to do with returning players because you can and do get the frozen load screen of doom for seemingly no reason at all. Vivec or Shor, prime time or not, it doesn't matter. If you transit, you'll probably get one.
    Keep flips seem to always come with a load screen lately too, and sometimes you'll get the frozen screen during those.
    Then of course, there's the lovely constantly stuck-in-combat problem.

I wonder when we're ever going to hear anything about stuck-in-combat again? I doesn't do any good to ask directly since it'll be ignored unless you trigger the manners police.
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Within the last 3 days, Cyrodiil NA Xbox, any campaign, has been absolutely impossible to play any longer than 3 to 15 minutes at a time. And while we all know the problems with lag, glitches, bugs, etc., has been really rough for some time now, it's gotten increasingly worse over the last three days. I've dc'd 9 times in the last hour, screen freezes at unpredictable rates, skills do not deploy most of the time, and when they do there are several seconds of latency in-between then everything goes off at once. These are just a few of the problems. I know I'm not the only one who experiences this now or in the past. And please do not patronize or reply with snarky comments. I just want to hear from someone within the company, devs or otherwise, explain to me why pvp is broken and what they are doing about it now, and not in future updates. Please.

I play Vivec early morning and late at night PST. It is somewhat tolerable during those periods. Primetime is a mess. Our group then goes to Shore where there are no fights to be had because lack of pop. Frustrating indeed.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    It's pretty bad, and doesn't seem to have anything to do with returning players because you can and do get the frozen load screen of doom for seemingly no reason at all. Vivec or Shor, prime time or not, it doesn't matter. If you transit, you'll probably get one.
    Keep flips seem to always come with a load screen lately too, and sometimes you'll get the frozen screen during those.
    Then of course, there's the lovely constantly stuck-in-combat problem.

I wonder when we're ever going to hear anything about stuck-in-combat again? I doesn't do any good to ask directly since it'll be ignored unless you trigger the manners police.

I studder and crawl when coming across multiple necros spamingskulls/blastbones lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox One X mate. Just bought one made me realize ESO and the Xbox One (s and original) are not compatibel. What a difference I had not 1 crash and the lag fest is as good as gone.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WoppaBoem wrote: »
    Xbox One X mate. Just bought one made me realize ESO and the Xbox One (s and original) are not compatibel. What a difference I had not 1 crash and the lag fest is as good as gone.
    I was going to ask this - I wonder if ESO is simply pushing the hardware of older consoles to the limit.
    Lethal zergling
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s crazy my 8700k and 2080 don’t do *** to help performance.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »

Pop caps are 150 per faction

@Haashhtaag cite your source.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't comment on that. This is my experience. Now 1 week on my Xbox One X thats like 30 hours played. Not 1 crash no lag fest FPS is up so much, details are crazy on 4K before the game was fun but ugly.

When I also see comment of people on heavy PC's with still so many problems I am happy for my decision to go to the One X (was thinking to get a expensive PC and start all over again).
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭

Yet these guys think performance is good enough to introduce position dependent skills like Surprise Attack....LOL!

After several years of nothing but talk I've pretty much given up these guys ever fixing the performance issues.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I concur that the X is worth it. But i still play on my old Xbox too and graphics aside (and slower loading screens) i don't notice a huge difference in DCs etc some people seem to be plagued with.

I clear Xbox cache (save game) regularly and have a decent network i think its that.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't comment on that. This is my experience. Now 1 week on my Xbox One X thats like 30 hours played. Not 1 crash no lag fest FPS is up so much, details are crazy on 4K before the game was fun but ugly.

When I also see comment of people on heavy PC's with still so many problems I am happy for my decision to go to the One X (was thinking to get a expensive PC and start all over again).

I think PC is plague with Guilds in the "WOW mentality" hey there is a Battle group option in PVP lets run 48 all spamming healing springs and AOE damage. They do this and lag the servers to a point its unplayable. Its not their fault its ZOS fault for creating this false premise when their game cannot handle ball groups.
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC EU is unplayable 60% of the day, the remaining % its empty cause ppl are sleeping, rip.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    PC EU is unplayable 60% of the day, the remaining % its empty cause ppl are sleeping, rip.

PC EU is a joke, and a very bad one at that.