The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Volendrung and emp

Yasha
Yasha
✭✭✭✭
It was 3am in the morning so I may have just been hallucinating, but ep had Volendrung while their faction also had emp today/last night/this morning (time zones ...).
Is it true? Can the faction that has emperor (and might also own all or most of the map) also wield Volendrung?

If so that must be one of the most ridiculous things that has ever been implemented into Cyrodiil. It should be a mechanic that helps equalize unbalanced games, not something that makes any imbalance even worse.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a good intention but yeah when its that imbalanced theres nothing that can be done to help
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The emperor can't wield it, but oddly his/her faction can :/
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry, we've all been assured that this will sort itself out because:

a) It's a conspiracy that EP has more people because people did that to make faction locks look like a bad idea.
    b) AD and DC are all levelling up their necros (but EP don't have any necros apparently).

See, no problem!
  • Kr3do
    Kr3do
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The emperor can't wield it, but oddly his/her faction can :/

The emperor actually can wield Volendrung if he already carries it while getting crowned.
  • kpittsniperb14_ESO
    kpittsniperb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yasha wrote: »
    It was 3am in the morning so I may have just been hallucinating, but ep had Volendrung while their faction also had emp today/last night/this morning (time zones ...).
    Is it true? Can the faction that has emperor (and might also own all or most of the map) also wield Volendrung?

If so that must be one of the most ridiculous things that has ever been implemented into Cyrodiil. It should be a mechanic that helps equalize unbalanced games, not something that makes any imbalance even worse.

Relax homeslice, faction locks will correct this issue.
    Magicka DK-Rowsdowerr
    Tertiary Meat GM
    "they're going to say, there's Daniel and he has 20 people with him, I want to kill him and there's
    40 more behind me."
    "I'm tired of the BS excuses, if you're going to do what you do at least admit what you're doing"
    YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Precisely. The idea of the Daedric artifact is obviously something introduced to balance imbalanced campaigns. It was reported early on that the Emperor's faction would not be able to wield this weapon. Not sure if that has turned out to be the case or not.

I proposed in another thread that the spawns should be proportional to the campaign standings. It should mostly spawn for the faction that occupies last place.
    Lethal zergling
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Precisely. The idea of the Daedric artifact is obviously something introduced to balance imbalanced campaigns.

Hardly. Their reasoning was obviously more like this:
    1) we can not do anything about The Lag for several reasons; we suck and do not really give a !@#$% to name a few
    2) neither can we do something about design issues like imbalanced campaigns or nightcapping for several reasons; we suck and do not really give a !@#$% to name a few
    3) however we need to conceal the above two facts and divert attention from them, at least for a while
    4) above all, we need some PvP-related talking point for the next expansion, because that is how we always have been; very good at talking about how cool the game will be, not as much at how cool it is

And so they threw in a daedric artifact.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Precisely. The idea of the Daedric artifact is obviously something introduced to balance imbalanced campaigns. It was reported early on that the Emperor's faction would not be able to wield this weapon. Not sure if that has turned out to be the case or not.

I proposed in another thread that the spawns should be proportional to the campaign standings. It should mostly spawn for the faction that occupies last place.

No the emp faction can wield it, but it will not spawn near them. They can easily kill the first wielder and have the emp and a player with the artifact. The emp him/her self cannot wield it.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »
    No the emp faction can wield it, but it will not spawn near them. They can easily kill the first wielder and have the emp and a player with the artifact. The emp him/her self cannot wield it.
    I have to thank you again for providing facts.

Lethal zergling
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »
    I have to thank you again for providing facts.

I'm not sure if it takes into account score. Someone in another thread showed it spawning near the winning side, and then that side getting emp with it. So there's that.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is poor design

Make it so only non emp faction can wield it
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    That is poor design

Make it so only non emp faction can wield it

That still wouldn’t solve anything to be honest because the non emp faction could be the ones already winning. The ones with emp could be the ones in last place too.

• ShenaniganSquad
    ShenaniganSquad
    ✭✭✭
    its absolute bs that the Emp group can get the hammer .... good one ESO .... this is an epic fail of cosmic proportions