The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Make a dedicated duelling mode and area

Fawn4287
Fawn4287
✭✭✭✭✭
There are a ridiculous number of people that play this game that think that they are “skilled” whilst running things such as poisons, proc damage/ healing sets, lingering health pots, dot builds, tank builds or all of the above. There really needs to be an area and way so that 2 or more players can set agreed upon conditions such as potions, sets, weapon types, cp etc. in a location that is as lag free as possible and not have it effecting the build they play outside of it, this mode would be a great addition and really would make duelling worth while, balanced and as fair as possible.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did build it. It's called Hammerdeath Arena. It's a ghost town, never seen anyone anywhere near it when I visit my house near there.

People prefer to duel at wayshrines, guild traders, undaunted enclave and crafting areas. Ironically, the areas of the game that have the most lag potential.
    Edited by Nestor on May 24, 2019 3:49PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• DarkerDreams
    DarkerDreams
    ✭✭✭
    Love the insinuation that people aren't skilled if they use anything on your "list". Using what the game provides in terms of designing a build is called "Playing the game". It doesn't make a player less skilled to use what is provided, it makes them smart.

Edit for typo
    Edited by DarkerDreams on May 24, 2019 4:14PM
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    They did build it. It's called Hammerdeath Arena. It's a ghost town, never seen anyone anywhere near it when I visit my house near there.

People prefer to duel at wayshrines, guild traders, undaunted enclave and crafting areas. Ironically, the areas of the game that have the most lag potential.

I bring my friends here to duel sometimes. It's really a nice area but there is no incentive to duel here except aesthetics. I dont blame people now dueling close to wayshrines and in highly populated areas because those incentives, quick access and larger potential population, are much better than aesthetics.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should make it so you can only duel at the arena , prob solved
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordLomax wrote: »
    They should make it so you can only duel at the arena , prob solved

Or just add some incentives like an achievement/title/mount for a large amount of duels in the area or some type of reward for dueling there.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    There are a ridiculous number of people that play this game that think that they are “skilled” whilst running things such as poisons, proc damage/ healing sets, lingering health pots, dot builds, tank builds or all of the above. There really needs to be an area and way so that 2 or more players can set agreed upon conditions such as potions, sets, weapon types, cp etc. in a location that is as lag free as possible and not have it effecting the build they play outside of it, this mode would be a great addition and really would make duelling worth while, balanced and as fair as possible.

0UeI99F.png
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Then they complain about lag. I can't understand these people. Hey let me duel outside the most populared area in the game, then complain about the slightest lag spike or fps drop. It's stupid, to say the least.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »

Then they complain about lag. I can't understand these people. Hey let me duel outside the most populared area in the game, then complain about the slightest lag spike or fps drop. It's stupid, to say the least.

For dueling tourneys and events, it’s often pretty far out to avoid the lag.

But if I want to duel random duelers to test something or practice a build, I have to go where I have a good chance of finding someone worth dueling. And wouldn’t you know it, I have the best chance of finding people in heavily populated areas. Weird, huh.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

But if I want to duel random duelers to test something or practice a build, I have to go where I have a good chance of finding someone worth dueling. And wouldn’t you know it, I have the best chance of finding people in heavily populated areas. Weird, huh.

I'd take that answer if you were dueling anywhere in town, and you were dueling anyone. You duel in a specific, out of way location, with the same 5-15 players you see there everyday. I see no reason why you couldn't go somewhere else.

I don't care. It's your choice. I was just trying to understand it.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

There comment was in the context of the OP. Of course the OP is unsure of what they want or is challenged finding people to duel the way they want, but they were requesting an area for this to happen.