The issues related to Steam players logging in to the European PC/Mac megaserver have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 6:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 6

MBP 2019 -- Unplayable

Nickwahh5
Nickwahh5
Soul Shriven
MBP Spe cs:
2.9 GHz Intel Core i9
32GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro Vega 20 4GB

As you can see, I have the top of the line MBP 2019. I run many games perfectly fine, even on Bootcamp. However, on Mac OS my ESO lags unbelievable. Even putting all the settings to LOW, I run into 5-15 FPS. Now this MIGHT change if I zone into a dungeon or something and I hit 60FPS. I tried V-Sync on & off but still no work.

Any tips or advice? It literally is unplayable :(
  • demerdecanswrath
    demerdecanswrath
    ✭✭✭
    That's impossible. Sounds like the app is utilising the integrated GPU instead of the Vega. Can you confirm?

The client is horrible but not that much.
    Characters:
    • Arien Larethian (High Elf Templar)
    • Relus Demerdecan (Redguard Dragonknight)
    • Elisia Bonaire (Breton Nightblade)

Proudly playing and producing content on a 2018 15" MacBook Pro.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO has always been poorly optimized on Mac---I used to play on a 2009 imac and it did run, but the performance was muuuuch better when I installed a windows partition and booted that up, rather then running the mac client or bootcamping it.

You've got 3x the specs of my old imac, but I suspect the real issue is just the optimization--I'd try partitioning and running it in a windows install, if you can.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub