The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

A Walking disaster Quest

Kn1ghtTemplar
Kn1ghtTemplar
✭✭
In the chapter of Elsweyr there is a quest called 'A Walking nightmare' you placed the urns then you kill Zalsheem. I have killed him at least 6 times with others, yet the quest is still not complete any ideas.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try dropping the quest and picking it back up again. One of these quests is intermittently bugged and I think this is it. It usually sorts the second or third time around
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Vigawatt
    Vigawatt
    ✭✭✭
    I had read about others having trouble with A Walking Nightmare, but I personally saw it yesterday while not on the quest. I was just passing through and fought Zalsheem while not on the quest, and it did not register as having completed that world boss.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi all,

We have a fix for this bug that will go into next week's incremental patch for PC/Mac. Thanks!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only I've had the same problem as the OP, but that WB spawns and de-spawns without any interaction from players. I've killed her a few times now and at least twice she'd spawn, I posted on zone chat to get more players to come help, and she de-spawned.

Is that supposed to happen?
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »
    Not only I've had the same problem as the OP, but that WB spawns and de-spawns without any interaction from players. I've killed her a few times now and at least twice she'd spawn, I posted on zone chat to get more players to come help, and she de-spawned.

Queen of the Reef WB in Summerset will occasionally despawn if not in combat, so I assume that this is normal. That is, if a WB is up for 5 minutes or longer without any player interaction, it gets bored and goes away. It will spawn again after 5-10 min though.
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the same problem with this WB. I killed it 4 times the first day the expansion was out and didn't get credit for the kill. The key is not dying during the battle. If you do, it doesn't update the achievement. When I fought it again the second day and didn't plant my face right in front of the boss, I survived and got credit.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Queen of the Reef WB in Summerset will occasionally despawn if not in combat, so I assume that this is normal. That is, if a WB is up for 5 minutes or longer without any player interaction, it gets bored and goes away. It will spawn again after 5-10 min though.

This has been happening with all Sommerset world bosses for months now. I just thought it was something they did. Gravild and Indrix in particular seem to go off for a rest. B'Korgen on the other hand seems to be happy enough to stick around and play with his balls.
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the few times I saw it happen it took way less than 5 min. I saw the boss spawn, put a call on chat, people who were close by came in less than a minute and by the time they got there, the boss had de-spawned.
    I had the same problem with this WB. I killed it 4 times the first day the expansion was out and didn't get credit for the kill. The key is not dying during the battle. If you do, it doesn't update the achievement. When I fought it again the second day and didn't plant my face right in front of the boss, I survived and got credit.

I didn't die to that boss. I did enough damage that there was loot from it. The game didn't register the kill and I cannot complete the daily because of it.
  • Kn1ghtTemplar
    Kn1ghtTemplar
    ✭✭
    For some reason it has worked for me now, I did not do anything different apart from killing him several times over
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still not fixed, or working, so which:
    'next week's incremental patch for PC/Mac. Thanks! '
    did ZOS have in mind?

:)
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.