Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

State of PVP on PS4.

edorfeus
edorfeus
✭✭✭
Hi guys. I haven't played this game in ages, even forgot it exists, but randomly stumbled upon a video of new Elsweyr DLC, and considering to return to the game maybe. So, the qeustion is, did they improve the performance of the game and servers since Morrowind? Because back then, it was almost impossible to play in Cyrodiil, it was lagging like hell, and it was all the same when Clockwork City launched, and to be honest it was always since the game launched on consoles. Are there any improvements? I don't really wanna give this game another chance just to be dissapointed again.
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is still a huge lagfest, but battlegrounds are fun at least. If cyrodiil is all you're interested in though you'll likely be disappointed.
  • edorfeus
    edorfeus
    ✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is still a huge lagfest, but battlegrounds are fun at least. If cyrodiil is all you're interested in though you'll likely be disappointed.

so you're saying that battlegrounds are playable and don't lag like cyrodiil, right? i mean, are they not laggy at all or not as laggy as cyrodiil, but with 5 second delays between casting spells nontheless?
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edorfeus wrote: »

so you're saying that battlegrounds are playable and don't lag like cyrodiil, right? i mean, are they not laggy at all or not as laggy as cyrodiil, but with 5 second delays between casting spells nontheless?

I generally don't get any lag in battlegrounds at all other than occasionally when I first load in, but that also happens sometimes after a load screen anywhere in eso. Skills are sometimes finicky, but again that happens anywhere and it's only certain ones like mage's wrath/fury. For some reason that skill likes to just not go off for me half the time.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I never lag in a BG. I love open world but the the performance of BGs has made me spend the majority of my time there. It's fun to not lag
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I never lag in a BG. I love open world but the the performance of BGs has made me spend the majority of my time there. It's fun to not lag

I always lag in that one map with the fog and such.