The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

MagickaNB's of Battlegrounds, what are you running right now?

Whyn Aurum
Whyn Aurum
✭✭✭
I'm curios, since magnb got nerfed in the current patch.
Wanted to see if there are any hardcore magicka nightblades that manage to figure something out for BGs despite the nerfs.

This is my current setup:

Destro+restro+5l+1m+1h

2pc valkyn
5pc amber plasm
5pc torugs pact

thief mundus for more crit

Running currently on 48% crit rate constant and nearly 2300 spell damage on pot, 30k magicka, 15k stamina, 24k hp on tristat.
highelf
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused... Magnb got buffed not nerfed...It loses a good chunk of damage, but gains a reasonable amount of survivability

(I have 2x Grand Overlord MagNB)
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blobsky wrote: »
    I'm confused... Magnb got buffed not nerfed...It loses a good chunk of damage, but gains a reasonable amount of survivability

Hey blobs, didn’t know you were still around.

Piggybacking off this, magnb did not get nerfed, brawler builds are arguably in one of the best spots they’ve ever been in. I’ve been saying this throughout pts during the outcry, the damage hurts a tad but the survivability and mititgation given allows us to focus much less on self healing and more on our damage which lets us build for more damage.

I probably won’t be adjusting my build much and run something along the lines of btb + necro / spinners and skoria or pirate skele / bloodspawn for defensive monster sets.
  • Whyn Aurum
    Whyn Aurum
    ✭✭✭

well not everyone is grand overlord so obviously you know the class best
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whyn Aurum wrote: »

So I run a very different build to most... But in terms of helping your decision:

- You have lost 8% damage unless slimecraw is used (unadvised)
    - Your mitigation is up 15% though image is your only minor maim source (unless wizard riposte, but image is great)
    - Fear is far more useful
    - You no longer have movement speed buff from cripple so may wish to use one
    - Either Phantasmal (New blur morph) or The psijic speed buff are very useful additions.
    - Ele drain is no longer a sustain source as debilitate is brilliant BUT that obviously costs 5k pen (around 10% damage)

In summary, build for more damage and a bit less sustain / mitigation as you will need a burst heal less often (especially if in close range with merciless), to replace lost damage
    Edited by Blobsky on May 23, 2019 7:15PM

DC EU Nightblade
  • Whyn Aurum
    Whyn Aurum
    ✭✭✭

So I run a very different build to most... But in terms of helping your decision:

- Your mitigation is up 15% though image is your only minor maim source (unless wizard riposte, but image is great)
    - Either Phantasmal (New blur morph) or The psijic speed buff are very useful additions.
    - Ele drain is no longer a sustain source as debilitate is brilliant BUT that obviously costs 5k pen (around 10% damage)

In summary, build for more damage and a bit less sustain / mitigation as you will need a burst heal less often (especially if in close range with merciless), to replace lost damage

How about item sets?

I am looking into crafy aliq, swift and pirate as monster
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How about item sets?

I am looking into crafy aliq, swift and pirate as monster

Better off running shadow image + necro unless you’re trying to free up a bar slot by not using shadow image, then alfiq would be s good set.
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "typical" choices are spinner, necro, spell strat, shackle, brightthroat (and possibly wizards now but I doubt that). Of those I believe spinner frontbar and perfected blackrose resto backbar are comfortably best. I dont use a typical set for my second but I'll keep that one to myself.

R.e. monster set, pirate is great, bloodspawn is good, skoria can be good etc, many options tbh. BUT if you are duo or similar numbers other than solo, not using the set that gives a huge resource return on heals is an absolute crime (can't remember the name but it is overpowered as ***)

DC EU Nightblade
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Golden question is what’s your playstyle? Lots of different ways you can spec:
    - healer
    - damage healer
    - ranged
    - skirmisher
    - melee
    - brawler

Great thing about magblade is you can spec lots of different ways.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • daemonor
    daemonor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not a high mmr player here but I finally found some success in bgs running

2 nerienth (only running it for cosmetics, would replace it with zaan/skoria)
    5 heavy torugs
    5 jewelery/backbar resto lich
    master ice staff frontbar with frost dmg enchant
    apprentice mundus,tristat big piece/magicka rest/spell dmg jewels
    vampire

blockade/clench/swallow soul ( the dmg morph)/merciless/magelight soul harvest
    cloack/fear/healing ward/siphoning attacks/flex spot (piercing mark usually, cripple or entropy sometimes) soul siphon
    Edited by daemonor on June 4, 2019 2:09PM
  • stamdammered
    stamdammered
    ✭✭
    This what I have settled on for now and really like using:

5/pc Necro
    5/pc Btb
    2/pc pirate skelly
    Drink: Double Bloody Mara

Pretty much everything into mag, gives 40k max mag and 2.2kish mag recovery in BGs. With RAT/invisibility/shade and I can almost completely avoid using stam so don’t really care that it’s super low. For a time I’ve struggled with finishing kills, that last 15-20% without an execute was just brutal. I’ve found that this has helped push me over that limit and people have started falling easier.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This what I have settled on for now and really like using:

5/pc Necro
    5/pc Btb
    2/pc pirate skelly
    Drink: Double Bloody Mara

Pretty much everything into mag, gives 40k max mag and 2.2kish mag recovery in BGs. With RAT/invisibility/shade and I can almost completely avoid using stam so don’t really care that it’s super low. For a time I’ve struggled with finishing kills, that last 15-20% without an execute was just brutal. I’ve found that this has helped push me over that limit and people have started falling easier.

Very similar to what I run:

5 pc Torugs
    5 pc Btb
    2 pc Pirate Skeleton
    Drink: Spring-loaded fusion

I don't slot Impale though because I run an Oblivion damage enchant, which makes it easier to finish an opponent with low HP.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is what I run, performs well.
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=131568

It’s a hybrid damage and healing type build, primarily healer. I’m thinking troll king might be better, IDK.
    Edited by Iskiab on June 19, 2019 4:00AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten