Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No Choice for No CP

Dutchessx
Dutchessx
✭✭✭✭
Okay, I had accepted that faction locks were going to happen and it would take place on the 30 day servers. However, we were going to be allowed opportunity for 7 day servers not to be faction locked. Let’s be real. Most of the people I know don’t like the 7 day because the rewards are better on the 30 days but I thought well at least a 7 day no cp server would be better than no choice at all. For people who enjoy playing no cp faction lock is REAL. You have to choose a faction to play and forget everything else. I have mained EP for over 5 years I have multiple Grand Overlords and higher ranked alts. My guild disbanded due to my real life happening. We planned to still play together but many of us either went to other factions or went back to their original factions. We might even reform but how do we do that if we can’t play together? Majority of which will not play in cp campaigns because of many different of reasons. Almost a complete guild worth of people have no choice on where to play at due to faction locks and there is only 1 No CP server.

I know the faction loyalist will say tough luck but this is a serious issue and I know it can’t just be happening to us.

Will someone from ZoS please address this issue? My point: We in no cp have no choice.

Dutchessx
Guild Leader - Darkest Requiem
General - Guild of Shadows
Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
Remember Haderus
Remember Azura's Star
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a faction loyalist on the CP Campaign, but I absolutely agree. No CP Players should have an unlock 7 day campaign so they have the same choice as CP Players.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We brought this up during PTS but sadly it got no response.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a faction loyalist on the CP Campaign, but I absolutely agree. No CP Players should have an unlock 7 day campaign so they have the same choice as CP Players.

Sure, just as soon as they open up CP battlegrounds for the rest of us..
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Um, they did that already.

It got reverted because it turned into a tank fest where fights dragged on and it was impossible to balance tanky builds in BGs vs Cyrodiil, AND it didnt actually help BGs chronic population problem. No CP BGs were a lot easier for ZOS to manage and had a better TTK and engaging fights.

ZOS gave CP Battlegrounds a shot. It didnt work out.

That's really what's being asked for here: that No CP players gets a shot at making an unlocked 7 day campaign work.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope they adjust which camps are locked down the road, but I don't know that there's enough pop to support another noCP campaign outside of events (or really, a second 7day in general).

TBH I hope they end up just keeping Neo-Vivec locked and unlock everything else.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It got reverted because it turned into a tank fest where fights dragged on and it was impossible to balance tanky builds in BGs vs Cyrodiil, AND it didnt actually help BGs chronic population problem. No CP BGs were a lot easier for ZOS to manage and had a better TTK and engaging fights.

That's really what's being asked for here: that No CP players gets a shot at making an unlocked 7 day campaign work.

YMMV, I personally had way more fun in a CP enabled BG than non-CP. I suppose that's what this is really about; Fun is subjective, right?

You can't sit here and say no to more options for others, while arguing more options for yourself.
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    This is a major bummer for no CP players... Many tried to point this out as a core flaw: thank you for continuing to point out the dilemma at hand.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭

While I understand your position that you enjoy CP enabled BG’s, this post is in regards to faction locking the only No CP server for Cyrodiil and leaving No CP players no option where as, if you enjoy CP enabled servers you have the option of the new 30 day (faction locked) server and the unlocked 7 day server.

Edited for formatting issues.
    Edited by Dutchessx on May 22, 2019 5:26PM
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faction locks suck because they are fracturing communities, but we're already having trouble sustaining the campaigns we have.

I wonder if it would work to have a 30 day CP, a 30 day no CP (plus IC and non-vet) then a campaign or two that's only open during peak hours. The non-peak players are already fundamentally forced into the 30 camps anyway and it might create healthier alternate campaigns, as well as a testbed for the devs to play with ruleset changes.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m laughing at this “faction locks suck” notion. I’m glad they added it. Pick a side. It’s a war.

• Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Faction locks suck because they are fracturing communities, but we're already having trouble sustaining the campaigns we have.

I wonder if it would work to have a 30 day CP, a 30 day no CP (plus IC and non-vet) then a campaign or two that's only open during peak hours. The non-peak players are already fundamentally forced into the 30 camps anyway and it might create healthier alternate campaigns, as well as a testbed for the devs to play with ruleset changes.

On the contrary, many nights the no cp server is pop locked.
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They never gave people a CHOICE. Nobody wants to force you to play on a CP server.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not.
    It's a game.
    I'm not loyal to black in chess.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Zos already gave their only response they plan to give when they announced the change.

And yes, I am not in favor of the faction locks. It is dumb to take them away for this length of time then add them a back without the ability to swap factions. That is a clear sign that the person running the show does not know how to run a game even by the smallest of measurements.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

YMMV, I personally had way more fun in a CP enabled BG than non-CP. I suppose that's what this is really about; Fun is subjective, right?

You can't sit here and say no to more options for others, while arguing more options for yourself.

See, I don't see it that way.

My approach, if I thought CP BGs was viable, would be to say "ZOS, it sucks that we CP players don't get an option to play CP Battlegrounds because those are limited to No CP. It ALSO sucks that No CP players are limited to one faction on their only Cyrodiil campaign. How about you fix that for both of us?"

Whereas you seem to be going with "I didnt get the CP BGs what I want, so multifaction No CP players ought to be limited to only one faction on one campaign."

I don't really get that mentality.

For what its worth, I asked for CP BGs. And then we got them, and I saw the problems, and I understand why ZOS reverted to No CP. I wouldn't mind if they tried it again...but I doubt the problems have changed. So why should they try again?

We CP PVPers had our chance to prove that CP BGs were viable. They really weren't, from ZOS' perspective.

In contrast, No CP players arent even being given the chance to see if a multi-faction 7-day campaign is viable.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All campaigns should be faction-locked.
    Lethal zergling
  • Ishtharo
    Ishtharo
    ✭✭✭

All campaigns should but faction unlocked.

See? I can say stuff too!

But really though, non CP players are pigeon-holed into either playing only one faction or playing CP.
    While I'm not surprised ZOS is essentially deaf and blind to their own player base (Incap feedback anyone?), it is frustrating being a non CP player who is multifaction.

The game is touted "play your way", the faction loyalists say "play my way", and they won. Now we deal with it. But options would be nice.
    Tsarra Venus Sylphyra - Stamplar PvP Bosmer Harrier
    VenusFállen - Magden PvP Nord Healer
    VenusFallen - Stamcro PvP Nord Brawler
    VenusFallèn - MagBlade PvP Dark Elf Ganker
    VeñusFallen - StamSorc PvP Bosmer Harrier
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ishtharo wrote: »

All campaigns should but faction unlocked.

See? I can say stuff too!

But really though, non CP players are pigeon-holed into either playing only one faction or playing CP.
    While I'm not surprised ZOS is essentially deaf and blind to their own player base (Incap feedback anyone?), it is frustrating being a non CP player who is multifaction.

The game is touted "play your way", the faction loyalists say "play my way", and they won. Now we deal with it. But options would be nice.

^ This
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Bhelen
    Bhelen
    ✭✭✭
    The campaigns have trouble sustaining population as it is with 3 campaigns. A 4th would be deader than a doornail I dont think it would fix the problem. The problem is the faction lock in general splitting an already small pvp community into pieces by giving them less options the population will only continue to dwindle.

They took half the players in Cyrodill and said my way or the highway. Well guess what a MMO without friends isnt fun and if people cannot play with their friends them they will lose interest.
    Edited by Bhelen on May 22, 2019 8:34PM
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m laughing at this “faction locks suck” notion. I’m glad they added it. Pick a side. It’s a war.

Changing sides is actually Pretty common in a war, just saying. Especially so for individuals.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction locks make sense, sure. But now No-CP players are unable to play PvP on 2/3 of their characters.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this. Keeps people from jumping ship to another faction just because they're winning. Solution to No-CP people, remove CP from Cyrodil. Seems like a logical next step for this, and for the future of the game.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as a person that doesn't care about the rp aspect of playing for your faction, Id like an option for a non faction locked no cp campaign
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We wanted an option for a faction-locked campaign, due to the well-documented abuses faction-hopping permits.

When Update 18 went Live, ZoS stated they "were still looking at concerns regarding Alliance loyalty to Campaigns", which we advocates for a faction-lock option took to mean that ZoS would monitor some of the specific abuses and damage to competitive game play.

Some of the abuses violated ZoS's intended gameplay for Cyrodiil; they stated so in one or two threads that questioned if those alleged abuses were allowable; ZoS requested player reports.

It appears that all of the advocacy, video evidence, player reports, and whatever ZoS discovered privately during this year-long 'monitoring period' were sufficient to reverse policy and reintroduce limited faction-locks.

It's a pity that options for all players could no be preserved. I anticipate that faction-lock will greatly enhance the competitive play for those of us who wanted them.

If you're upset, be advised that ZoS has also recently stated they will monitor this change, and that it can be reversed for the third time if they feel such is warranted.
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would play in a no CP 7 day campaign.
    I have mostly AD but a few characters of the other factions who could play the 7 day campaign.
    But I don't play in CP campaigns so Iooks like I'm stuck with just my AD characters in the 30 day no CP campaign.
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

My approach, if I thought CP BGs was viable, would be to say "ZOS, it sucks that we CP players don't get an option to play CP Battlegrounds because those are limited to No CP. It ALSO sucks that No CP players are limited to one faction on their only Cyrodiil campaign. How about you fix that for both of us?"

Whereas you seem to be going with "I didnt get the CP BGs what I want, so multifaction No CP players ought to be limited to only one faction on one campaign."

For what its worth, I asked for CP BGs. And then we got them, and I saw the problems, and I understand why ZOS reverted to No CP. I wouldn't mind if they tried it again...but I doubt the problems have changed. So why should they try again?

We CP PVPers had our chance to prove that CP BGs were viable. They really weren't, from ZOS' perspective.

In contrast, No CP players arent even being given the chance to see if a multi-faction 7-day campaign is viable.

Funny, what I was saying is that I'm down for having a non-CP 7 day campaign to give people more options, and that ZOS should keep up with that trend and provide options for those of us who liked CP BGs.

I guess people will make a strawman out of anything now.
    Edited by Judas Helviaryn on May 23, 2019 12:01AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny, what I was saying is that I'm down for having a non-CP 7 day campaign to give people more options, and that ZOS should keep up with that trend and provide options for those of us who liked CP BGs.

I guess people will make a strawman out of anything now.

Ah, well, then I misunderstood you completely, and we actually agree. Sorry! Have a great day.
    Edited by VaranisArano on May 23, 2019 1:03AM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not cp lock for 20 hours? This would prevent tactical faction jumping but could let you play with guilds on multiple factions

Yes this would let you log in look at the Cyrodil map and decide to switch to an alt in another faction if outclassed a lot.
    Note that this would still restrict you in night capping as it will affect your next day.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay, I understand people enjoy the rp of fighting for the faction. I even understand it could cause problems in guilds to have a multi-faction player in guild. Believe me I know that one better than most. I will also give you there maybe a few bad apples that like to take scrolls and throw them in with the fishes; however, I still hold out that most of those are from the same faction they are doing it to. I agree there was a case made for faction locks and it won. GREAT no problem. Hey there is even a no cp version of IC which I knew very few people who went down there on Sotha most I knew went to Shor because the bosses in no cp IC are difficult. All my point is give no cp the same options as the cp players get. I was even saying this type of thing would happen back when it was first announced. I was posting about it on the forums everywhere I could try to get people to listen. Very few people even acknowledged that yeah it might be a problem for No-CP players and no one from ZOS said anything about it at all. All I am asking is give us (no cp players) an option and if you can’t give us the ability to change factions on that server until a better idea can be implemented.

@therift saying that they ZOS is watching it etc, is like saying just move on because by the time anything is done about it you can forget the relationships that were made. And, as a previous commenter stated what is a MMO without people to play with?
    Edited by Dutchessx on May 23, 2019 5:06PM
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be a NoCP unlocked campaign as well, and maybe it just makes sense to make them all 30 day campaigns now. I never understood why there was a 7 day other than to allow fast emp grinding for people who wanted the achievements. This would also help all the players that want to play with their friends but refuse to play on the 7 day because they believe it carries a stigma due to it's shorter duration.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American