The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do Crafted Armor Set Benefits Stack

bedington
bedington
Soul Shriven
I noticed that some of the crafted armor sets give a specific benefit for wearing 3 pieces and a different benefit for wearing 5 pieces. If I wear 5 pieces do I get both the 3 piece and the 5 piece benefit, or only the 5 piece? Anyone know?
  • Phranq
    Phranq
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to know this too, and also, if I craft 3 pieces from one set, and 3 from another, do I get both set abilities ?
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you get both set bonuses.

Yes you can get both bonuses from different sets if you have enough pieces for each equipped.

It's a huge part of actually planning your build, deciding what combination of crafted or dropped sets to use.

Also before anyone asks, yes your weapon can count as a set piece. However, it only gives you the set bonus when it's out. So you cannot have a greatsword with one set bonus and your swap weapon be a bow with a different bonus and get both bonuses at once. You'll have one or the other active unless you have both with the same set bonus. If you're dual-wielding, only one of your two blades will count towards the set. So you can't cheat more set slots :P
  • Phranq
    Phranq
    ✭✭✭
    I am not so sure about the dual weilding bit only counting one blade... have you tested this out ? What about a sword and shield.. does it count both, just the sword, or just the shield ???
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Phranq wrote: »
    I am not so sure about the dual weilding bit only counting one blade... have you tested this out ? What about a sword and shield.. does it count both, just the sword, or just the shield ???
    This was my question nas I read through the thread.

Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some friends and I tested the sets on DW during beta. The set on the offhand blade did not seem to be firing off. I can't speak for the sword and shield honestly. I am happy to be proven wrong, but it seems more logical that ZOS would limit it so that some weapon choices didn't have advantages when it came down to set bonuses.