Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Free Alliance change tokens for everyone??

Bigevilpeter
Bigevilpeter
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
With Campaigns locked now and only 2 30 day campaigns and 3 possible alliances, its fair to say that some of your characters will not be able to PvP freely.

When i first started I wanted to experience the game from all 3 sides, so I have characters from all factions. The good thing is that almost half of my 12 characters are AD and the Rest are DC and one is EP.

The one from EP will probably never see PvP, which is fine cause he is a PvE tank. However I'm not just talking about myself here, there are many people who have them distributed evenly across factions and its unfair for them to have some characters locked out of their favorite campaigns.

Since Campaigns are locked alliance change shouldn't be an issue for ZOS, however it is a major issue for many players. Not only should there be an alliance change token, but also every character should get to choose their alliance again just once, to be fair to the new rules
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a nice thought, but they'd need to figure out a lot of things. If your toon has partially completed the main quest for instance, how does it work? The alliance quests are the same way.

I've suggested adding it as a reward for cadwell's gold, that way you eliminate both the harbourage issue and alliance quest issue since it would all be completed by then.

If it's tokens, one time per character only, but zos has stated it's not very easy at a technical level to do.
    Edited by Siohwenoeht on May 22, 2019 7:38AM
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah.
    We need 3.
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With Campaigns locked now and only 2 30 day campaigns and 3 possible alliances, its fair to say that some of your characters will not be able to PvP freely.

There's also a 7 day campaign. 3 campaigns for 3 factions, I fail to see the problem.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice thought but we know it is not going to happen. Rich clearly stated they are not interested in offering alliance change not long before they announced the faction lock. Sorry to ruin your party but I had thought this was very widely known by now.

BTW, the reasoning OP has provided, wanting to see the game from the vantage point of all three alliances will not sway Zos since they specifically designed the game so we could see how thins are in all three alliances on one character.
  • Nilarynpaw
    Nilarynpaw
    ✭✭✭

I've suggested adding it as a reward for cadwell's gold, that way you eliminate both the harbourage issue and alliance quest issue since it would all be completed by then.

If it's tokens, one time per character only, but zos has stated it's not very easy at a technical level to do.

This sounds as a fair solution.
    PC EU: 810+ CP
    "Only the Aldmeri—the High Elves and their noble allies, the Wood Elves and Cat-Men—have the wisdom and restraint to peaceably rule the disparate peoples of Tamriel. [...] Men always follow the destructive path of their defender and apologist, the Missing God whom we shall not name. [...] The world has gone wrong, and we must put it right. March proudly beneath the eagle banner of the Aldmeri Dominion! "
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just use the 7 day campain for your less used character
  • Erelah
    Erelah
    ✭✭✭✭

I am not 810 CP and prefer to have a fighting chance against my opponent. Before the myth of Gold gear is more important is said I advise those players to drop their CP down to 0 or perhaps 210 (spread between all three).

Bring back 7 day no CP! Now that was fun.
  • xan4silkb14_ESO
    xan4silkb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Erelah wrote: »

I am not 810 CP and prefer to have a fighting chance against my opponent. Before the myth of Gold gear is more important is said I advise those players to drop their CP down to 0 or perhaps 210 (spread between all three).

If all the characters I use for PvP weren't already 1 faction I'd definitely need a 7-day no-cp campaign(because the under 50 only works for a little while). That's the only thing missing is a 7 day campaign for people who want to play all 3 factions but without the CP.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The campaigns are now half empty when usually they are full and theres a queue. Nice work zos on ruining pvp. Now people can just pvdoor
  • Erelah
    Erelah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Erelah wrote: »

If all the characters I use for PvP weren't already 1 faction I'd definitely need a 7-day no-cp campaign(because the under 50 only works for a little while). That's the only thing missing is a 7 day campaign for people who want to play all 3 factions but without the CP.

I would enjoy a 7 Day no CP (not faction locked) for those above 50.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no we need 30 day CP unlocked campaign @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Rawkan
    Rawkan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't take long to delete and replace characters, but there is always the 7 day too or just save one faction for IC trolling and BGs. There are really a lot of options, no need to fret so.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hell yea...while i dont do pvp i'd love to align the alliances of my characters with changed races
  • albertberku
    albertberku
    ✭✭✭
    There has to be some way to change alliance at the very least a single time for every character after Elsweyr drops. At the moment, the situation is beyond stupid. I support alliance lock but i have 10 characters (stam/mag) divided equally to 3 factions and i love to play with all of them and i only used to do Cyrodiil Vivec in this game.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a nice thought, but they'd need to figure out a lot of things. If your toon has partially completed the main quest for instance, how does it work? The alliance quests are the same way.

Easy just allow people to pick a faction besides their birth to support instead of your alliance in cydrolli. It would be simple as changing the spawn area.
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind a 7 day no CP campaign. I prefer to play no CP and could use the 7 day to play other alliances.
    Most of my characters are AD but I do have 1 EP and 1 DC that I would like to bring in there every once in a while.
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

Easy just allow people to pick a faction besides their birth to support instead of your alliance in cydrolli. It would be simple as changing the spawn area.

Ya this is the thought I just had actually that made me look this up...lol
    Change Cyrodiils Alliances away from the characters Quest line Alliance and make it function the same way BGs work...
    Except you select your Alliance for each Campaign...no longer need an Alliance Change token...just select Which team you want to fight for...
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they should only lock the highest population campaign.