The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter half working

CantFixIr
CantFixIr
✭✭✭
People in guild chat are telling me that it is working fine for them, which drives me nuts.

I know we have to expect problems after major updates and we need to be patient and grateful. I am, I just wanted to report this peculiar pickle.

The mod works for enchanting and works as far as bringing the dailies to the boxes and getting your rewards unpacked automatically is concerned.
But it is not working for Jewelry, Blacksmithing, Woodworking and Clothing - it gives me the message that Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter is out of date, please update your addons. And when I manually build what is needed, it kicks me out of the crafting table when I still have one item left to do (I can them go back on the table and crat the last item, thankfully).

I updating everything with Minion, I checked compatibility, I uninstalled / re-installed the add on as well as all needed Libs / I checked that I have all the needed Libs.
Game name @CantFixIt - EU-PC Server - Australian player
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same issue. Everyone else in my guild says it is working fine. It says "crafting" but never crafts.
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    Odette Skullcrusher Nord DK EP Tank
    Hannah Smithee Breton Templar DC Healer
    Charlotte of the Wild Bosmer NB EP DPS
    Rabbath Amman Dark Elf Sorc EP DPS
    Lovely Twinkle High Elf Sorc AD Tank
    Nepith Dark Elf Warden EP Healer
    Tupac Shakoor Redguard Sorc DC Tank
    Faire the Last Snow Elf Altmer Warden EP Ice Staff Tank
    EU
    Soul-Shriven Breton Sorc DC DPS
    Makush gro-Shurgal Orc DK DC Tank
    Cleopatra Tharn Imperial Sorc EP Healer
    Daenerys Targaryin Nord Templar DC Healer
    Zar Saarshar Khajiit NB DC Thief
    Celrith High Elf Sorc EP Assassin
    Falcar Dark Elf NB DC Necromancer
    Myriam Blaylock Breton NB EP Vampire
    Nivrillin Wood Elf NB DC Werewolf
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    For me, it doesn't say "crafting", it tells me that it is outdated. and this is for Blacksmithing, clothing, jewlery, and woodorking.
    The add on works fine for enchanting, for picking up all the writs in one go or for dropping them in the boxes and opening the rewards.
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    I am now getting a specific error message - and still have the same problem that Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Clothing and Jewelry don't craft automatically.
    Can anybody help me? :)

g8710qqrfzug.png
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    might want to use the addons forum for asking help with lua errors.
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1346-DolgubonsLazyWritCrafter.html
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • blnchk
    blnchk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CantFixIr wrote: »
    I am now getting a specific error message - and still have the same problem that Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Clothing and Jewelry don't craft automatically.
    Can anybody help me? :)

g8710qqrfzug.png

Looks like an issue with Dolgubon's Lazy Set Crafter, not the Writ Crafter. For things like this, you'd best leave a comment directly on the addon's page on ESOUI, though.
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes indeed the error message is about SetCrafter. I got it when using WritCrafter so I didn't even realise.
  • Emmy
    Emmy
    patch this morning and now autoloot freezes when looting containers... not closing the loot window automatically.
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's typical when the game patches you'll get LUA errors when the addon is not compatible.

However sometimes LUA errors can be caused by a corrupt savedvariable.

When you say you have tried to reinstall the addon did you also delete your saved settings for it ?

If not, try making a backup of that specific addon's savedvariable file and delete to original so the addon can create a fresh one. You will lose your data in the process and have to do the settings all over again but if this is the case it's pretty much to only way to proceed. Unless you manage to fix the file yourself.

For the record my Dolgubons writ crafter works fine which indicates the above. Can't say anything about set crafter as I don't use it (looking at esoui comments there's currently some problems with that one).
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you daim, I have just ticked off Set Crafter as I am not needing it now anyway and this is not what the topic is about.

I have uninstalled Lazy Writ crafter again, deleted the variables again, then reinstalled it (all with Minion).

I am re-starting ESO now, let's see....

Nope, still exactly the same problem with wood, cloth, metal and jewels not auto crafting.
  • Emmy
    Emmy
    Disabled autoloot feature today, still freezing when it opens mats containers.

Edit: fixed!
    Edited by Emmy on June 4, 2019 2:54AM
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭

YES!!!! It is working fine today, I am so relieved, so happy!
  • Alhatariel
    Alhatariel
    ✭✭✭
    I can still with help of Lazy Writ do the ordinairy daily writs but Master Writs on Metal, Wood and Clothing is still not working. Has reinstalled Lazy writ and Writworthy several times but still doesnt work :-(
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    It's happening again. Dolgu confirmed it's not from his or her end.

Everything is working in the add on except for auto-crafting of Woodworking, Blacksmith, Clothing and Jewelry.

It worked fine before - like, fixed itself after I tried everything suggested here three times. Then I gave up and it worked again a week or so later. And no, again, not working. So frustrating! If anyone has the same experience and finds a fix let me know I'll be your biggest fan ;)
    Edited by CantFixIr on July 26, 2019 10:34PM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's actually working perfectly for me on two accounts. Did you make sure to update the required libraries? I didn't have any issues, but it was showing out of date - so I just checked everything, and one of the libraries, LibLazyCrafting, was out of date. Grabbed a new version on 7/13 (v 2.71) and that made "Out of Date" go away. Though I wasn't having issues, I prefer to keep all my addons up to date.
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I update everything automatically via Minion.

Still having the same issues of blacksmithing, woodworking, jewelry and clothing not auto-crafting :(
    And still no idea why or what else to do about it.
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    I am now, again, going to manually reinstall all Dogul's add-ons and the needed libs.
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    I literally just installed v2.7.1 and the game is showing I use v2.5.16.5
    Why?!!!
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    I removed ALL my add-ons, I even removed Minion and reinstalled EVERYTHING and it fixed my problem :)
  • Lithlidessa444
    any fix on this yet?
  • girlpoison
    girlpoison
    ✭✭✭
    I have had no problems with it - try uninstalling MultiCraft, I've heard from guild mates that it helps. :)
    PC/NA @Scarlett - GM of East Empire Trading Co & West Empire Trading Co