The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

no more bag upgrade?

barney2525
barney2525
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Soooo... hit level 7 with my new character and to be honest, I don't look close anymore. I just hit "C", add the Trait and it moves on to skills. But then I went to do a bag upgrade (because I wait until level 7 to save 400 gold, because... well... I'm cheap ), and the guy wants to charge me 400 for the upgrade. So I break from the conversation and look - bag space is still at 60.

Did they take away the free bag slots for reaching level 7? I went through all the patch notes and did not find anything about it.

It's a small issue.

But it's irritating.

• Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bag space reward is only given if you have not purchased any upgrades from Pack Merchants. If you have, you will instead just be given a tip to seek them out for more upgrades.

ETA: If he's only asking for 400 gold though, I'm pretty sure that is the first level. So... bug? Maybe? Or is it one of the once per account rewards?
    Edited by Number_51 on May 21, 2019 4:49PM
  • Fusozay
    Fusozay
    ✭✭
    Number_51 wrote: »
    The bag space reward is only given if you have not purchased any upgrades from Pack Merchants. If you have, you will instead just be given a tip to seek them out for more upgrades.

so.. only 400 gold economy???
    blah...
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The free upgrade is from 30 to 40. If you're already at 60, it doesn't do anything. It's much the same as not getting a second horse.

You got the extra 30 from ESO+, I assume.
    Edited by ghastley on May 21, 2019 5:01PM
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fusozay wrote: »
    Number_51 wrote: »

so.. only 400 gold economy???
    blah...

Yea, otherwise everyone would upgrade to 130 slots, then level to 7 and get the 64,500 gold upgrade for free. But, I added to my first post, and it sounds like your issue is actually a bug. If you hadn't upgraded your bags already you should have got the first one for free. Not sure if/what horse training has any effect.
    Edited by Number_51 on May 21, 2019 4:55PM
  • MaleAmazon
    MaleAmazon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got free bag so it is still in.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    The free upgrade is from 30 to 40. If you're already at 60, it doesn't do anything. It's much the same as not getting a second horse.

You got the extra 30 from ESO+, I assume.

Every character I have made since the new leveling rewards were created has hit level 7, gotten an upgrade from 60 to 70.

And I make more new characters than the average player.

I Plan on it by waiting to level 7 just to save the 400 gold - because I am cheap

Just wanted to know why I didn't get it this time when I hit level 7 and accepted the trait and used the skillpoint.

Like I said, not a big issue, but I wanted to see if I missed something and they don't offer it anymore.

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    The bag upgrade actually shifted a few levels so you will now obtain it at level 12. We are working on gathering a full list of changes from the Level Up Rewards that we will post as soon as we can.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    alrightythen

That answers that

• Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bag upgrade actually shifted a few levels so you will now obtain it at level 12. We are working on gathering a full list of changes from the Level Up Rewards that we will post as soon as we can.

Should've been done before it went live!

You know that communication stuff we've all been asking for!
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno Thank you for communicating with us.

Nevertheless, this change makes the first bag upgrade a bit moot, because players may not want to wait for 11 level-ups till they get more bag space. Some new players may not even know such a reward exists at all, because it won't ever appear for them, if they buy the first bag upgrade with gold at, say, level 10.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com