The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Halls of Colossus Prologue Quest requires Elsweyr upgrade ?

Tommy_The_Gun
Tommy_The_Gun
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So I have started doing Elsweyr Prologue quests. I have done "The Demon Weapon" quest.
Now I have "The Halls of Colossus" quest but when I am told to travel to Halls of Colossus I have a message that I need to upgrade to Elsweyr Chapter.

I ask because I saw people using titles & mementos that you get as a reward for completing Elsweyr Prologue, long before.
With Murkmire it was not the case and I could do all the prologue quest without owning Murkmire.

Is this intended ?
Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on May 21, 2019 6:54PM

Best Answer

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Confirming this is a bug; we'll work on getting this fixed so you can complete the prologue quest without having to own Elsweyr. Thanks for the report!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
    Answer ✓
  • Conduit0
    Conduit0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I have started doing Elsweyr Prologue quests. I have done "The Demon Weapon" quest.
    Now I have "The Halls of Colossus" quest but when I am told to travel to Halls of Colossus I have a message that I need to upgrade to Elsweyr Chapter.

I ask because I saw people using titles & mementos that you get as a reward for completing Elsweyr Prologue, long before.
    With Murkmire it was not the case and I could do all the prologue quest without owning Murkmire.

Is this intended ?

The Halls of Colossus you travel to for the prologue quest is different from the trial. There should be an NPC at the camp that will port you to Halls that you need to go to.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ Yes I know. That is why I ask.

To clarify, I am NOT trying to enter trial. I am doing a Prologue Quest.
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:The_Halls_of_Colossus

I have spoken to Abnur Tharn and he told me to go to Halls of Colossus.

Abnur Tharn arranged a chartered wagon and boat to take us to the Halls of Colossus. I should find the wagon outside Cormount in Grahtwood when I'm ready to depart.

Currently the quest marker points to a cart and my objective is:
    "Objective: Travel to the Halls of Colossus."

When I use the cart the game says that I need to upgrade to Elsweyr.

So is this a BUG or it is intended ?
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on May 21, 2019 6:46PM
  • static_recharge
    static_recharge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a bug
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • c363b
    c363b
    ✭✭✭
    I own Elsweyr but I could not find a way for my new character to start the Halls of Colossus prologue quest. I found no NPCs in the area of the gate North of Cormount, including the NPC that gave my older characters the Elsweyr Defense Force dailies.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    c363b wrote: »
    I own Elsweyr but I could not find a way for my new character to start the Halls of Colossus prologue quest. I found no NPCs in the area of the gate North of Cormount, including the NPC that gave my older characters the Elsweyr Defense Force dailies.
    I did the prologue on my necromancer. You have to do the 3 delves with the last being in Reaper march.
    Afterwards you get an dialogue between Tharn and the Khajiit lady and you get an quest marker on wagon.

Note that its an lock out between the prologue and the Tharn speaks part of the main quest, the tharn speak will not start while prologue is active and it probably also true the other way around.
    Edited by zaria on May 29, 2019 1:57PM
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I did the prologue before Elsweyr came out and completed it including halls of collossus

You dont get the halls of collosus quest without starting with Abner Tharn. After all, He is the one who arranges for the cart to take you to the Halls AFTER you get all the triangulants

was that a spoiler?