The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Godmode on certain classes

Inoki
Inoki
✭✭✭
I'm sure most of us have met these immortals in PvP. Even with 13k physical penetration, 2k physical power, 32k stamina and around 40% crit. chance you hit a guy and you barely scratch him. You deal like anywhere between 88 - 380 dmg.

I'm starting to feel like no matter how I gear up or what I do, some classes are just unkillable. I myself have 30k on both resist, modest crit. resist, wear heavy armour as I'm a tank, and other stats above, but another class can melt me even with my damage shields in almost one hit.

Can someone maybe throw some tips at me at what may I be missing to actually do damage to other players in this game? My CP is around 520, but still, even if my opponent is 800 with these stats I should be able to deal damage to them, even kill them, right?

I don't know what I'm doing wrong honestly.
Edited by Inoki on May 21, 2019 4:22PM
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    only 2k weapon damage? start there. try to get to 3k minimum.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    sharquez wrote: »
    only 2k weapon damage? start there. try to get to 3k minimum.

that's a bummer. I watch these vids people post on YouTube with PvP builds, and usually they claim around 2.5k being enough and I can reach that, even 2.8k with 3rd party buffs, which is why I'm like why am I still not seeing any results?
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Inoki can these "Immortals" damage/kill you? If the answer is no, the worst they can do is contest/hold bg flags or burn siege. Charge Ultimate from them and move on. I saw two tanks guarding each other the other day to troll. They dominated that piece of land they stood on, but not much else.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    @Inoki can these "Immortals" damage/kill you? If the answer is no, the worst they can do is contest/hold bg flags or burn siege. Charge Ultimate from them and move on. I saw two tanks guarding each other the other day to troll. They dominated that piece of land they stood on, but not much else.

yup, they very much can. some mage in light armour whom I barely scratched with my stats melted me with just proccing Zaan. was funny. he actually didn't even do much, his Zaan, from what I observed, procc'd from him using a heal skill even though the tooltip says by using a light or heavy attack, he used neither. and he did the same tactic against other players, just jumping around, healing himself, then poof! Zaan proc and they died. I'm really confused.

I enjoy the PvE part of the game, but can't get my head around PvP.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This confuses me too... the tanky types who manage to have seemingly infinite health and stam AND can do enough damage kill someone? HOW... no one ever tells me how people do it...
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Inoki wrote: »
    I'm sure most of us have met these immortals in PvP. Even with 13k physical penetration, 2k physical power, 32k stamina and around 40% crit. chance you hit a guy and you barely scratch him. You deal like anywhere between 88 - 380 dmg.

Well, for what it's worth...these aren't great stats. Unless it's a proc build.
    Inoki wrote: »
    My CP is around 520, but still, even if my opponent is 800 with these stats I should be able to deal damage to them, even kill them, right?

The difference between 520 to 810 is only going to be 10% or so, shouldn't be a MAJOR factor--but you'll want to make sure your CP placements are pretty well optimized.

A lot depends on how they seem to be immortal. If it's a permablock build, and you don't have bleeds, CC that drops block, or enough sustain, it'll be a rough fight and you'll see laughably low damage numbers. If they are rolly-pollying and you don't have AOE, same thing. If they are kiting well and playing on the edge of ability ranges, LOSing, etc., you might just not be touching them much.

Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    In PvP, you will need to do more than damage. You will need to control the fight and play with an advantage. You will have to heal yourself, mitigate damage actively and passively, pressure your opponent(s), maintain resources and position. Stats do not win fights. Its the combination of everything that kills.

Also, PvP is never fair. There will always be something that no matter what you do, will kill you. That's the counter-play/reality.
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have, on max CP Allocation around 3050 crit resisrance, around 4.5k weapon Damage with my Stam DK, if i work it right a whole Zerg can just wash over me and i stay alive :)
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months