The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

For a Bruiser Type Charactr (Tank that can do some damage) what ratio of Health/Stamina?

mann9753b16_ESO
mann9753b16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
So, with the Necromancer coming out, my Character concept is a Heavy Armor, two handed Warrior type whit all the summoning abilities, who is tough but can also deal some dmg.

Now I am wondering, since I only played Caster (100% Magica) or DPS (100% Stamina) before, whats a good ratio to switch my points bewteen Health and Stamina, when I aim for a bruiser type build?
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know of a single tank that puts attribute points into hp...
  • mann9753b16_ESO
    mann9753b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    I don't know of a single tank that puts attribute points into hp...

Really? Huh... good to know...
  • Llaren_Uvayn
    Llaren_Uvayn
    ✭✭✭
    Warden has abilities that scale their effectiveness off of max health, making it appealing to put attribute points into health.

As a tank it's hard to deal decent damage. You can run a five piece Thunderbug set or Leeching and spam Cleave plus an AOE but that's about it I think.
    PS4 / EU

Sadryn Hlervu: Warden tank
    Llaren Uvayn: Templar healer and faithful Tribunal servant
    Ashanabi Addunipu: Ashlander mercinary from the grazelands
  • Druid40
    Druid40
    ✭✭✭✭
    PVP? PVE? Both? Casual? Tryhard? Casual tryhard? You can go heavy Hundings or use the other heavy armor weapon damage stat proc sets. There are more involved ways to wear 5 Medium 2 Heavy with damage + tank sets that can also help you achieve your desired purpose. Start here: https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Sets

But, to answer your question, to damage deal with tankiness just spec into your main offensive attribute.
    Edited by Druid40 on May 20, 2019 7:24PM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You need to be more specific. For PvP stamDK is probably what you're looking for but other classes can be played in the same bruiser style builds.
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭

I have a PvE DK Tank - I put half points into health and the other half I split between stamina and magika. With slightly more into magika.

This is enough health to let me tank vet DLC content, when combined with my preferred tanking armor sets.
    This point spread also allows me enough resources to join other content as well, with just a quick armor set swap.

I.E. I can be a bit more tanky/less glass cannon in Cyrodil or solo content or vMA or such...

Basically the magika and stamina are for resource management and my DPS comes from CP points with magika type proc sets like Thunderbug and others. So many to choose from...

Magika and stamina I use for utility skills. And I'm back bar ice staff or lightening staff.

Good luck!

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Generally, I recommend putting all points in your damage stat and adjusting stat ratios for different setups via enchants.

That makes it easy to hit 30/35k HP if you need to get a tank setup, and still be lean-and-mean at 19k HP if you throw on DD gear.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Generally, I recommend putting all points in your damage stat and adjusting stat ratios for different setups via enchants.

That makes it easy to hit 30/35k HP if you need to get a tank setup, and still be lean-and-mean at 19k HP if you throw on DD gear.

While this approach does work for a lot of content and gives high flexibility between roles, if you want to tank in content that needs a fair bit of health, your tank gear options become quite limited.
    As far as the OP is concerned, they will not get consistent recommendations until they get more specific about where they are trying to be a brawler.