The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Anyone try Alcast Easy vMA 1 bar build?

kmcaj
kmcaj
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm thinking about creating character to farm vMA. Have 2 other characters, stamden tank that is not suitable but great for intended purpose, and main stamblade that could but is specced/geared for group content I'm currently happily working on. Never focussed on magic before so the alcast build interests me and gear wise would give my tank something to do overland. Purple gear be fine? Would like to have a Breton character or would another race make like easier and could just use one of those free tokens to change later? Also, Alcast build CP specced for 510, where would other 300 go? Should I look at advanced build for Passives?
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried it and got futher with it than any other character I had tried, rd 6 or 7 I believe. I tweaked it after a while but the standard build works as advertised.

You should give it a go. I used an Altmer before the race changes so I'm not sure if it will be the same, better or worse. Haven't done vma in quite a while so good luck!
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It works. You can tweak it using a 2nd bar if you like. And switch pets. And weapons. And sets.
    mueba.gif

PS: Purple is fine for the Armor pieces but i'd go gold on the weapon(s) and all item enchants

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just looked at it and it is pretty much like other one bar builds that have been around for awhile with the addition of Plague Dr to get larger shields. Being those others worked fine his should work fine as well.
  • kmcaj
    kmcaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I guess I'll just give it ago then if it'll work. Only did normal vMA once but didn't learn anything from that as mechanics didn't really seem to matter much or at all in most cases. Did 1st round of vMA but died a couple times before beating it so quit and haven't been back. I didn't mind it but wasn't looking to put that much gold into repairs at the time. Will probably have to complete in small doses. Just looking for easiest/most forgiving build. Would like be able to complete it before double drops come back (in case don't get what I'm looking for in meantime). Are there better builds that won't take much time to learn?
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kmcaj wrote: »
    Are there better builds that won't take much time to learn?

You can do the WW build that is basically a cake-walk through vMA. All you do is Light Attack and Howl throughout the whole run, but you're basically guaranteed a complete. Just Google it and you'll find the build.
  • kmcaj
    kmcaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh that sounds promising. I think my new character will try that.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sevn wrote: »
    I tried it and got futher with it than any other character I had tried, rd 6 or 7 I believe. I tweaked it after a while but the standard build works as advertised.

You should give it a go. I used an Altmer before the race changes so I'm not sure if it will be the same, better or worse. Haven't done vma in quite a while so good luck!
    Yes has used it gotten to stage 6 there I have not managed the mechanic as in does mistakes with the horwrers and web-spinners yet.

Benefit: very easy build to use as pets are self targeting and no rotation to speak up outside of having wall of element and pet up.
    Only downside is low dps, this is an isse on stage 6 as the long time make it easier to do two mistakes in mechanic.
    I assume this also is an downside on last stage as you will have to go down multiple times.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.