The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Anyone else think necro revive ulti is not that good for PvE ?

david_m_18b16_ESO
david_m_18b16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
At 325ulti cost I don't see any reason to have it slotted. at 250 I,ll use horn anyway. No need for horn ? Then glacial colosus is 225 and give invulnerability.

If there is already a necro int he group I'll slot meteor for max magicka, otherwise I think the best for the group is to open boss fight with tank doing horn, 2x DPS using damage dealing ulti and healer providing major invulnerability.

Its more of a PvP ultimate I'd say.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it reads as a PvP ultimate to me, too.

I could see it being a one-of backbar ult in a trial to "save" runs, but generally the plan in PvE is to not die (as opposed to being able to do cheeky rezzes).
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be useful for progression groups and pug 4 man groups for the most part in PVE. Score chasing and not dying go pretty much hand in hand, so this ultimate doesnt have a lot usefulness in a top tier group.
  • david_m_18b16_ESO
    david_m_18b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be useful for progression groups and pug 4 man groups for the most part in PVE. Score chasing and not dying go pretty much hand in hand, so this ultimate doesnt have a lot usefulness in a top tier group.

The problem is that your giving a lot in order to keep this option. If you want to keep it as an option to save a whipe it does mean that you wont ever use your ultimate the whole fight. So you give horn wich mean a ton of damage. in crappy group I find the best way to save a whipe is to not make the fight last 10 mins.

• driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I agree, for trial runs both normal and vet with inexperienced players it could find some use to save a fight, especially for runs done for completions rather than score. When you have a group that better understands the mechanics of fights you can drop the training wheels then.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As with all abilities in ESO, it seems it largely depends on group composition, content, who you're gaming with, and so on.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I were a Necro would generally back bar for HM vet DLC runs where its hard to rez or very risky. For example if someone screws up hard in ghosts area or dies in no mans land on SCP vet HM. Better not to risk yourself dying on top of rezzing.
    Edited by karekiz on May 20, 2019 6:42PM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was 200 ulti, till pvpers complained.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem is that your giving a lot in order to keep this option. If you want to keep it as an option to save a whipe it does mean that you wont ever use your ultimate the whole fight. So you give horn wich mean a ton of damage. in crappy group I find the best way to save a whipe is to not make the fight last 10 mins.

I mean there is certainly a tension between the two ends of that spectrum. I generally agree that the best defense is a good offense. That said, for your average trial group, whether you have 3 or 4 horns in the rotation really isnt going to change group DPS all that much. I think this ultimate is going to get a lot of groups over the hump for their first clears of the mini trials, VCR+3 and VAS+2.

It also wont be terribly difficult for say a healer to go full warhorn most of the fight, and then start saving the necro ult for execute, or the last mini boss spawn, or whatever it is giving a particular group issues. In VCR+3 for example, we always assigned a few NB DPS to slot their heal ultimate for the execute phase when we were first learning. You would still go full damage ulti for 90% of the fight.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on May 20, 2019 6:56PM
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When completion not speed/score is the goal then somebody not using their ulti the entire fight to be able to save their group when needed is a no-brainer I'd have thought.