Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Rings of Mara

Papa_Bear
Papa_Bear
If I were to deposit a Ring of Mara into the bank then delete the character it was made with, would I be able to recreate a character with the same name and keep the bonuses?

I ask because my wife and I aren't very fond of our character roles and would rather reroll new toons but keep the rings.

• Doxum
    Doxum
    Wow, great question.
    I actually just had the same thought about a minute ago.
  • Papa_Bear
    Papa_Bear
    "We understand that you are inquiring if you and your wife deposit your Rings of Mara(we assume in your bank, guild or otherwise) and then create new characters with the same names, will you be able to access and use the rings.

Currently, there is not a way to create new characters, even with the same name, and then be able to take or receive items that were with other previous characters.  Any and all items received by specific characters are bound to those characters, specifically linked by an internal identification within the game, that does not allow transference of items between characters except for the standard within-game transactions, such as sending items through in-game emails, etc.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding."

My response after asking in game.
  • Papa_Bear
    Papa_Bear
    Honestly, they should just make the rings link accounts but require the characters benefiting from the exp bonus to have taken part in the ceremony.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting the response you got from support. Good to know.
  • krachinskylcub18_ESO
    i agree... my bf doesn't want to roll his healer anymore or at least for me to run my tank with his healer but the ring of mara was on our original mains.. it really sucks that we cant use it on other toons on our account.. it should be attached to our account name not bound to a specific character.. then we could better enjoy the game with out wasting our rings which has little use less we remain unhappy with our toons..
  • Medwin
    Medwin
    ✭✭✭✭
    @krachinskylcub18_ESO‌
    I agree, I'm kinda in the same boat, however if only one of you used the pledge the other can use the pledge on the new characters.
    Please read through and comment on my incredibly comprehensive Vampire guide. :)
    Officer at Cross Guild check us out, we are a large DC guild that does PvP, RP, and PvE. We have things for just about anyone.
    RP Characters: Anora, Redguard -- Mira Medwin, Dunmer -- Pia Patricia Potts, Breton