The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Struggling with Dragonknight PVP healing

nihoumab14_ESO
nihoumab14_ESO
✭✭✭
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to be a more effective Dragonknight healer? I am struggling with keeping allies healed like I can on my templar. It feels like all of my healing abilities are inferior. Cauterize doesn't heal for much, obsidian shard heals for a lot, but it has to travel and doesn't heal if it misses the enemy, and ash cloud is poor. Skills like healing springs are really hard to use sometimes in battlegrounds if there is movement, and magma shell is expensive as a defensive ult compared to templar support ults. Additionally, I feel like I go through magicka way faster on my DK than on my templar

Is it possible to be a DK PVP healer? Or do I have to give up my dreams (DK healer is my main goal in this game, I feel a connection to it, not to templar, but it seems templar is the only viable pvp healer?)
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I await answers on this also
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ll try to make a template DK healer on PTS this weekend, @nihoumab14_ESO, and let you know the results.

As you’re probably aware, the DK class passives are pretty horrible for healing of any kind (PvE or PvP) ... other than self-heals through the Draconic Power skill tree.

In general, your build stats (unbuffed in Cyrodiil) should be targeted as follows;

2k Magicka Regen
    1,800-2,000 Spell Damage
    35k+ Magicka

On a DK the spell damage will be your hardest stat to build for.

Most starter healer PvP sets include Kagremac’s Hope heavy armor ... so something to think about.

By the way, we have two (2) Warden Healers in our PvP organized raid ... one of them is me. So, there are other classes that can heal at a high level, sure.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on May 3, 2019 9:03PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After spending some time this weekend making a DK PvP healer on PTS, I was kind of surprised with the results.

Please see attached link to the UESP build editor with purple quality gear.

Kagrenac's Hope (Heavy Armor)
    Bright-Throat's Boast (Weapons & Jewelry)
    Earthgore

I chose Altmer ... but you could also use Dunmer or Breton.

On PTS, Kagrenac's isn't available to craft on template characters (cause ZOS doesn't believe in opening up access to the Earth Forge or Imperial City on PTS).

So, I put on a set of Heavy Permafrost ... which has the same set bonuses except for missing the 5-piece spell damage. Note that the gear on PTS is all gold (legendary) quality with stats in the below image.

The build worked fine in Cyrodiil. I found another PTS AD player and we proceeded to take Roebeck back with just the two of us. Plus, I stood in the guards at a couple resources for awhile and just healed.

I was able to get a 3k unbuffed Healing Springs tooltip without the extra spell damage that Kagrenac's provides. That is a very good result considering how bad the DK class passives are for healers. ;)

But just another reminder - this is an extremely selfish build that only heals and keeps your character alive. Eventually, you'll want to use something other than Bright-Throat's to buff your teammates (e.g. Transmutation, Spell Power Cure, Olorime, Worm, etc.).

If you're not a jewelry crafter yet, get started right away on the Infused trait research. Also, make sure you're doing your dungeons for undaunted mettle.

Finally, don't forget about the incoming Earthgore nerf when Elsweyr drops. It's still good, but now closer to other monster set options.

AWeVrmz.png
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on May 5, 2019 8:13PM
  • nihoumab14_ESO
    nihoumab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much for that @Taleof2Cities

I'm still new, so I don't know all the intricacies of the game yet, but I really want to be a dragonknight healer. The idea of fragmented shield buffing my other heals, and being able to
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I've done healing dragonknights (full disclosure: it's been a minute) I always found my best strategy was really to build a tank with a resto staff.

You spam healing springs and keep mutagen/rapid regen on the group, and when the bad dudes notice that you're a healer, they dogpile you and you go to tanking for a bit--after all, tanking is just masochistic, proactive healing! And you can obviously keep throwing out heals as you do it.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But just another reminder - this is an extremely selfish build that only heals and keeps your character alive.

This is mostly what I've observed DK builds become, and they are very effective. Healing others...not so much, and I suppose one could do it, but if you're losing health that could be keeping YOU alive...don't do it. Let a Warden or another healer do it for you while you're diverting the enemy trying to take you out.