The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Any race Any Alliance and Dynamic Pricing

Grandesdar
Grandesdar
✭✭✭
I already bought alliance horse long time ago for 2500 crowns. But now the whole pack, including outfits, and any race thingy is 2k. Do we get some discount for already owning the mount? I know some games offer this.

edit: changed the title to be more fitting
Edited by Grandesdar on May 23, 2019 5:40PM
Main: The Charismatic StamDK DD
Side: A Handsome Warden Healer
Side: (upcoming) Stam Necro DD
CP: 680
EU PSN: Style3513

Best Answer

• Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the exception of some furnishings sold individually in the crown housing tab, there are no prorates on bundles.

If you already own some of the items, it cannot be gifted to you. But you can purchase it yourself for the 2000 crowns and it will unlock or grant anything your account does not currently have.
    signing off
    Answer ✓
  • woodsielord
    woodsielord
    ✭✭✭
    I can't count how many bundles I intended to buy but didn't because of the lack of dynamic pricing, including this one. I'm sure they have some math behind it, but from where I'm standing they are losing big. Maybe it's greed and maybe it's their inability to calculate dynamic prices, but it's bad user experience in either case.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Misread, disregard.
    Edited by DocFrost72 on May 22, 2019 9:44PM
  • Grandesdar
    Grandesdar
    ✭✭✭
    I can't count how many bundles I intended to buy but didn't because of the lack of dynamic pricing, including this one. I'm sure they have some math behind it, but from where I'm standing they are losing big. Maybe it's greed and maybe it's their inability to calculate dynamic prices, but it's bad user experience in either case.

Agreed. Just a week after I bought the war horse, it went on sale and I didn't complain. But this one's not fair. Now literally everyone will have that mount along with outfits and any alliance cheaper than I paid for the horse alone.
  • aresula
    aresula
    ✭✭
    Yeah this is kind've sad. I got the 2500 one like a week ago and this just adds a ton of salt to an necessary made wound.

How would I even begin to ask for a refund? Since I already used the maps... not like they were worth much.
  • sionIV
    sionIV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aresula wrote: »
    Yeah this is kind've sad. I got the 2500 one like a week ago and this just adds a ton of salt to an necessary made wound.

How would I even begin to ask for a refund? Since I already used the maps... not like they were worth much.

I am in the same position. I bought Any Race Any Alliance (ARAA) from the Crown Store two weeks before this change.
  • Ortama
    Ortama
    well it shows on May Crownstore showcase
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some of the problem has to do with how to calculate it. The horse was originally 2500 but now is in a bundle that only costs 2000 crowns. I'm guessing you'd only get 500 crowns off for the horse, if that much, since this is a heavily discounted bundle (considering their value of 11,700, which I noticed they removed from the CS listing yesterday).

I can't tell you how many costumes/pets/mounts/etc. that I paid full price for that have since gone on sale. That's the way things go. You buy early and others who wait get it for less. They did announce at the end of April that these items were going to be retired from the CS and included in the new bundle, which is why I didn't buy them. I wanted to wait and see what the new bundle would cost. I'm probably going to pick it up since it's a great deal, even though I already have the Any Race, Any Alliance.

And, I believe the previous one was 1900 crowns, and not 2500 crowns. The Imperial upgrade is 2100, but I recall looking at the pricing of the ARAA bundle before it left the store and distinctly remember 1900 crowns.
  • Matchimus
    Matchimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well it shows on May Crownstore showcase

It does not show a price...enticing some people to buy before product was withdrawn. This time the gamble did not pay off. Time limited items are a favourite around here but you can only poke a bear so many times.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Some of the problem has to do with how to calculate it. The horse was originally 2500 but now is in a bundle that only costs 2000 crowns. I'm guessing you'd only get 500 crowns off for the horse, if that much, since this is a heavily discounted bundle (considering their value of 11,700, which I noticed they removed from the CS listing yesterday).

I can't tell you how many costumes/pets/mounts/etc. that I paid full price for that have since gone on sale. That's the way things go. You buy early and others who wait get it for less. They did announce at the end of April that these items were going to be retired from the CS and included in the new bundle, which is why I didn't buy them. I wanted to wait and see what the new bundle would cost. I'm probably going to pick it up since it's a great deal, even though I already have the Any Race, Any Alliance.

And, I believe the previous one was 1900 crowns, and not 2500 crowns. The Imperial upgrade is 2100, but I recall looking at the pricing of the ARAA bundle before it left the store and distinctly remember 1900 crowns.

Any Race, Any Alliance was on sale for a limited time at 1900 crowns. And with a few hours to go the higher price was shown. Which lead to a lot of confusion and many screwed over customers, that thought they would be saving money and not getting less.

It should of been handed better. Zos should offer the pack to anyone that bought the Any Race, Any Alliance upgrade with in that week for the 100 extra crowns.

I feel bad for the new players that got screwed over.

Zos use to have things really nice with the crown store but of late their shady marketing is not good for the game.
  • Grandesdar
    Grandesdar
    ✭✭✭
    Like the others pointed out, the issue isn't the sale or price going lower, like the horse went on a sale for 1k crowns off a week after I bought it at 2500 and I didn't care.

But this bundle confused many others and if I didn't see ARAA pack getting bundled soon, I'd have thought it was going to get more expensive and bought it for full price as well.

What we need is dynamic pricing and better marketing.