The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How does the guild bank work?

Galadius
Galadius
✭✭✭
My girflfriend and I want to have our own guild just to have a guild bank. I know we need 10 players in the guild to have access to the bank. Is there anything else I need to know about it?

such as:
  1. Does it cost anything to open the bank itself once we have a roster of 8 others to help us out?
  2. What happens when we get the bank opened for our guild, then drop below 10 players in the guild roster?

Any help would be appreciated.
You wouldn't worry so much about what other people thought about you, if you knew how little they did. - ??

Best Answer

• Malkorga
    Malkorga
    ✭✭✭
    Once you reach the 10 player limit you will be able to access the guild bank via any npc banker at no charge.

If you drop below 10 players you can withdraw from the guild bank but not deposit into it.

Be sure to adjust permissions for each rank of your guild so that only those you trust can withdraw items / gold.

Answer ✓
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the etiquette around withdrawals? Can I just help myself (and obviously deposit stuff I don’t need) or is that bad form?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GenjiraX wrote: »
    What is the etiquette around withdrawals? Can I just help myself (and obviously deposit stuff I don’t need) or is that bad form?

If you have access, the Guildmaster deems it fit for you to make withdrawals, yes.

Though it never hurts to verbally double check first. ;)
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, thanks.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's always best to check with the guild master or offices for things like that as it will vary between guilds and may not be obvious from the permissions you have.

One of my guilds says the bank is a free for all, anyone can take as much or as little as they like from it and they're willing to take the risk that someone might take the lot (not that it's a big risk, there's nothing that valuable or useful in there). Another guild has it open to members who aren't brand new but asks that you only take what you need and up to a limit of 10 items per day (there is no way to enforce this, other than asking people to respect the rule and each other) and to, sooner or later, repay it by dropping in items you don't need. My third guild restricts withdrawals to officers but anyone can have any item/s they want - they just have to ask rather than being trusted not to abuse the system.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"