The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

U22 Crown Store - the good, the bad and the (not so) ugly...

marius_buys
marius_buys
✭✭✭✭✭
THE CROWN STORE STORY

The Good - Summerset as DLC (3500 Crowns)
The Bad - Overpriced Skyshards (22,000 Crowns for all)
The (not so) Ugly - A small icrease to the Any Race Any Alliance Token (2000 Crowns but with a much better bundle)

** Clarified, the 11700 with a line through it shows what it would have cost which is a vast improvement over the previous bundle. Faith in ZOS restored.

Your thoughts? And go.
Edited by marius_buys on May 20, 2019 12:14PM
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do we know the price of skyshards then ?
    Options
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t understand that price increase to the any race any alliance..... it is indeed brutal.....
    Options
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think skyshards are overpriced tho
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agegarton wrote: »
    Yeah prices are listed here: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/crownstore/category/7#skill-lines

Website seems to have all new crown items listed.

The Race/Alliance pack does look very high, but from the thread about that specifically someone mentioned maybe it's the total value of items you get for 2,000 and it's showing how much you save? I'm holding a little bit of hope this is the case but... if not ZOS really just gave people the middle finger in regards to buying race/alliance.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t understand that price increase to the any race any alliance..... it is indeed brutal.....

It's not just that one perk, they lumped in the mount, pet, and costume, too. Personally I won't be buying it because I don't have any interest in the contents of the bundle. There doesn't seem to be much point in picking one alliance over another anymore.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if it possible for them to make Skyshards too expensive. :trollface:

Have we heard how, or if, Summerset will be parted out and tossed into the Crown Store yet? I mean, everyone expects it, but they have only done this sort of thing the one time, so maybe they will do something different this time?

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not just that one perk, they lumped in the mount, pet, and costume, too. Personally I won't be buying it because I don't have any interest in the contents of the bundle. There doesn't seem to be much point in picking one alliance over another anymore.

You mean the lumped cosmetics in to justify an unreasonable price increase?
    Options
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset is 3500 crowns
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With the new campaign lock its an benefit that all your characters are in the same alliance. Guilds also tend to be one alliance.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't see ARAA priced anywhere -- the adventure pack is still under 2K (for the next few hours)

No matter, found it:
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/crownstore/item/7919?any-race-any-alliance-bundle

Unlocks the ability to create characters of any Alliance regardless of race. Represent your Alliance with a Mount, Pet, Costume, and Hat!

Also contains a Race & Name Change Token, 3 Experience Scrolls, and a collection of Treasure Maps.

So, it is just the bundle at that price -- if you just want basic ARAA, go for adventure pack on its own (included in bundle).

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/crownstore/item/39?adventurer-pack

But I bet they pull that from the store.
    Edited by mairwen85 on May 20, 2019 10:33AM
    Options
  • Gatviper
    Gatviper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, got Summerset together with pre-ordered bonus Morrowind already. Got all skyshards in the game by now through purely playing. Got Any Race Any Alliance for my account years ago when I bought the game about a week after it came out, with that little bonus added to it back then in form of a code to type in for unlocking.

Can't say I agree with the two latter prices, but I guess there will be always people willing to pay those prices.
    Life is a ride, like days in a train, cities rush by, like ghosts in the night.
    The rhythm of wheels, time fades away, stations of a journey, destination unknown.
    Options
  • NeroBad
    NeroBad
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if it possible for them to make Skyshards too expensive. :trollface:

Have we heard how, or if, Summerset will be parted out and tossed into the Crown Store yet? I mean, everyone expects it, but they have only done this sort of thing the one time, so maybe they will do something different this time?

@lordrichter I think it will only be listed after "True release" (June 4) maybe even a little after that.
    Edited by NeroBad on May 20, 2019 10:33AM
    Options
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I never said it was reasonable I was simply clarifying.
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Indeed. If ZOS pulled it as a stand alone option just to bundle it and up the price that's in very poor taste.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Good - Summerset as DLC
    Bad - Overpriced Skyshards
    Ugly - A Brutal Increase to the Any Race Any Alliance Token
    Your thoughts? And go.

Summerset, I agree.
    Skyshards? I don't care how much do they cost, any price it's always will be expensive to me because I have time to pick them all up. Easily.
    Any race any alliance, I don't know about that. Came as a bonus when I bought the game in Dec 2015 (long time ago, before One Tamriel went live...)
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
    Options
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And then there is this little gem: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/crownstore/item/79?vampirewerewolf-cure

800 Crowns for a feature that's been in the game since launch (talk to a priest of Akatosh to get rid of Vampire/Werewolf). Or did they removed that one when I wasn't looking ?
    Options
  • Itzmichi
    Itzmichi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good - Summerset as DLC
    Your thoughts? And go.

Wll the ARAA Bundle contains: "Unlocks the ability to create characters of any Alliance regardless of race. Represent your Alliance with a Mount, Pet, Costume, and Hat!

Also contains a Race & Name Change Token, 3 Experience Scrolls, and a collection of Treasure Maps
    ."

While the Adventurer Pack will be the new ARAA Standalone Token - So we overreacted i guess.
    Edited by Itzmichi on May 20, 2019 10:58AM
    Here, have a chill pill 💊!
    Options
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Itzmichi wrote: »
    Good - Summerset as DLC
    Your thoughts? And go.

Wll the ARAA Bundle contains: "Unlocks the ability to create characters of any Alliance regardless of race. Represent your Alliance with a Mount, Pet, Costume, and Hat!

Also contains a Race & Name Change Token, 3 Experience Scrolls, and a collection of Treasure Maps."

While the Adventurer Pack will be the new ARAA Standalone Token - So we overreacted i guess.

As far as I am aware the Adventurer Pack has only hours left before its pulled permanently.
    Options
  • Itzmichi
    Itzmichi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Itzmichi wrote: »
    Good - Summerset as DLC
    Your thoughts? And go.

Also contains a Race & Name Change Token, 3 Experience Scrolls, and a collection of Treasure Maps."

As far as I am aware the Adventurer Pack has only hours left before its pulled permanently.

Good point, then i obviously agree that would be totally cheap.
    Here, have a chill pill 💊!
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    2b4873087f085016509204303f55867e.png
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEo9sqzX1lQ

To be fair though
    Race change
    Name Change
    Any Race Any Alliance

not bad for 2000. But why make it look like it is worth 11.7k lmao.
    Edited by Alcast on May 20, 2019 10:51AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Skyshard price comes down to 50crowns / shard....which is a fair price IMO.

Any race any alliance, seems to be a typo, and they quickfixed it by throwing a discount on it....cant imagine that ZOS would make this the regular price....noone will buy it anymore then....frkin more expensive than a house :joy:
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

Options
  • MikaHR
    MikaHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya, i guess it was supposed to be 1700, somehow turned out 11700 in the shop, then "discounted" to 2000 :D
    Options
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, just to clear up some confusion here. The price you see on the Any Race, Any Alliance bundle is its permanent price. It's meant to display the total value of the bundle, rather than a sale (which is why there's no timer.)
    Options
    Staff Post
  • cbuk
    cbuk
    And then there is this little gem: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/crownstore/item/79?vampirewerewolf-cure

800 Crowns for a feature that's been in the game since launch (talk to a priest of Akatosh to get rid of Vampire/Werewolf). Or did they removed that one when I wasn't looking ?

I cleansed myself of Vampirism yesterday in Rawlk'ha for 649 gold, so unless they change it today it's a swizz
    Options
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey all, just to clear up some confusion here. The price you see on the Any Race, Any Alliance bundle is its permanent price. It's meant to display the total value of the bundle, rather than a sale (which is why there's no timer.)

Oh Thank goodness.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
    Options
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    agegarton wrote: »
    Yeah prices are listed here: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/crownstore/category/7#skill-lines

Website seems to have all new crown items listed.

The Race/Alliance pack does look very high, but from the thread about that specifically someone mentioned maybe it's the total value of items you get for 2,000 and it's showing how much you save? I'm holding a little bit of hope this is the case but... if not ZOS really just gave people the middle finger in regards to buying race/alliance.

Skyshards are pretty much the price I thought they would be, but I have asked on another thread whether the Any Race Any Alliance price is actually a typo - it is so much more than it used to be that I can't believe it's right. It doesn't seem aligned to any other pricing, and I cannot think of any justification beyond taking that option out of reach for most players - which I don't really understand either.
    Options
  • Auros
    Auros
    ✭✭✭
    So it is 2k crowns - permanent, which is ok.
    Options
  • Solid_Metal
    Solid_Metal
    ✭✭✭✭
    agreed, skyshard is somewhat...ok, i guess ?
    but man, the all race upgrade is brutal, WTF zenimax is thinking really ?
    to force new player to chose race and alliance accordingly to make it more authentic and immersive TES experience or i just simply overthinking it and its just because some greedy corporate d*ck head thought that a great move to gain more money ?
    "i will walk through the fog, as i welcome death"
    Options
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hi Sarah. You seem to be confirming that this isn't a typo or error - can you confirm? Could you also confirm why the incredibly high price? As I said in a comment above, this level of pricing for an account upgrade seem new to the store and I am sure many of us are keen to know if this is where Crown Store pricing is going. Ultimately almost £12k Crowns will put this out of reach for most players - is that the strategy here ??

Many thanks :)
    Options