Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My build sucks, I suck, I don't know how to play. h@lp ppl0x

Cortimi
Cortimi
✭✭✭✭✭
Alrighty kids, here we go:

Current build: StamDK (NoCP Camp/BGs, non-WW)

Bloodspawn (Divines heavy helm and shoulders)
Seventh Legion (Robust Rings, Robust Neck, 2h Sword (Nirn), 1H sword (Nirn), Shield (Impen))
Shacklebreaker (All heavy, Impen)

I'm bored with it, interested to see what else is out there with a bit more "spark and sizzle".

Whatchoo other stamDKs running for Non-CP?
Xbox NA: Soviet Messiah
EP: Cortimi - Imperial StamDK
EP: Melga - Orc StamDen (Dah Bear)
EP: Narileya - Nord StamPlar (Mad cuz Bad)
EP: Corvaera - Bosmer Orc StamSorc (RIP)

PS4 NA (Retired at CP835): Soviet-Messiah:
DC: Melga gra-Antilae - StamDen
AD: Corvaera - Bosmer StamSorc
Urvoth wrote: »
CP is a crutch for people who can’t sustain and want to be "tanky" so they aren’t immediately punished for making mistakes.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re-roll to MagSorc.
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or Stam Warden
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    seen one stam DK build for BGs.

Monster set: Selene or Veli
    Armor: Viper / seven legion
    jewerly: seven legion
    2h Viper Greatsword
    DW master dw.

Playstyle - Medium armor dot mania. high risk with high rewards.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Cortimi
    Cortimi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Re-roll to MagSorc.
    Neoauspex wrote: »
    Or Stam Warden

Done and done. I have too much going on with DK to give up on it though.

CP is a crutch for people who can’t sustain and want to be "tanky" so they aren’t immediately punished for making mistakes.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run currently Doylemish/Spriggans/TK 2H/DW
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Gordon906
    Gordon906
    ✭✭✭
    Keep the DK as a tank if you're into that.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Your setup and gear are good. Your mistake is you’re running the wrong traits. Blood spawn is good, shacklebreaker is good and so’s 7th legion.

Always impen, always. The only time someone shouldn’t be all impen is if they’re running Impregnable armour. For rings protective traits.

What’s your skill loadout? You’re spamming wings right? When you’re anywhere near 50% health spam those wings and heal. Get out of execute range or you’ll quickly die.
    Edited by Iskiab on May 17, 2019 4:37PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cortimi wrote: »

Seventh Legion (Robust Rings, Robust Neck, 2h Sword (Nirn), 1H sword (Nirn), Shield (Impen))

I'm bored with it, interested to see what else is out there with a bit more "spark and sizzle".

Go glass cannon. It's way more fun and you don't get mired into a boring drawn-out fight. If you die, you die. No big deal because it's just a video game and deaths don't count against you outside of BGs. You get back out there, find another target, and pound them. I spent the first two years in PvP playing a tanky healer, rarely dying, almost never killing, and never really learning how to fight. I'm in all light armor now, no shield, full dmg, and it's insanely fun. High risk, high reward.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    p00tx wrote: »

Go glass cannon. It's way more fun and you don't get mired into a boring drawn-out fight. If you die, you die. No big deal because it's just a video game and deaths don't count against you outside of BGs. You get back out there, find another target, and pound them. I spent the first two years in PvP playing a tanky healer, rarely dying, almost never killing, and never really learning how to fight. I'm in all light armor now, no shield, full dmg, and it's insanely fun. High risk, high reward.

I don’t agree with this. For newer players I think it’s better to build tanky so you can learn. Otherwise you’ll get bursted in one or two GCDs.

In general I find balanced builds to be the best. One sustain set, one defensive set and one set to match your role.

A lot of time I see glass canon specs do poorly because they spend all their time running back from the respawn or being forced to play defensively all the time. Even glass canon sorcs with huge shields don’t do well as soon as there’s more then one opponent.

Either way blood spawn is great for a DK, synergizes well with leap and increasing your ultimate generation. I’d keep blood spawn on a stamdk for sure.

If you want to be more offensively oriented keep 2 hander and S&B and try 5 med/2 heavy. The protective on your rings is very important. I’d stick with heavy for now though, just transmute your items.
    Edited by Iskiab on May 17, 2019 8:17PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For stam dk try the Poisonous Serpent set from HRC (e.g. Ophidian Ring of Venom). You can amp the proc damage with Spriggan's and trust in the kindness of RNGesus.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

I don’t agree with this. For newer players I think it’s better to build tanky so you can learn. Otherwise you’ll get bursted in one or two GCDs.

In general I find balanced builds to be the best. One sustain set, one defensive set and one set to match your role.

A lot of time I see glass canon specs do poorly because they spend all their time running back from the respawn or being forced to play defensively all the time. Even glass canon sorcs with huge shields don’t do well as soon as there’s more then one opponent.

Either way blood spawn is great for a DK, synergizes well with leap and increasing your ultimate generation. I’d keep blood spawn on a stamdk for sure.

If you want to be more offensively oriented keep 2 hander and S&B and try 5 med/2 heavy. The protective on your rings is very important. I’d stick with heavy for now though, just transmute your items.

We were taught another way. Particularly at the beginning of a major patch. Run all damage. If you can add anything add damage. That way you’ll learn to kite, be more offensive and pressuring, understand the useful of blocking etc etc. Then add survivability and sustain as needed.

Also, don’t look at it as sustain sets, or damage sets but rather sources of sustain, damage and survivability which you get from sets, cp, traits, glyphs etc.

Ultimately, a balanced build (good damage, good sustain, and survivability) are best; but you really want to carry your build with skill as opposed to thinking certain combinations of sets are going to carry YOU.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on May 18, 2019 9:36PM
  • Vermethys
    Vermethys
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play a very similar build for BGs; Seventh Legion, Bloodspawn, Viper's Sting. 5 heavy, 2 medium, all Impenetrable. Imperial with the Serpent mundus stone. It's a basic turtle-like, spank-and-tank build I think. Usually reaches around 800k damage and 200k healing in full-length Deathmatches.

Abilities are: Executioner, Forward Momentum, Noxious Breath, Stampede, Volatile Armour, and Take Flight on the 2h axe bar. Venomous Claw, Vigour, Fragmented Shield, Heroic Slash, Reverb Bash, and Spell Wall on the S&B bar.

It's my favourite build to play tbh -- very straightforward, nice sustain, and nice damage/pressure.
    Edited by Vermethys on May 18, 2019 9:59PM
    PC EU CP1400+
    In-game Username: Vermilion98

Characters & Builds
    Edith Geonette [DC Imperial Sorcerer] (AR28)
    Gorgo Aendovius [AD Imperial Dragonknight] (AR28)

My Builds:
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

We were taught another way. Particularly at the beginning of a major patch. Run all damage. If you can add anything add damage. That way you’ll learn to kite, be more offensive and pressuring, understand the useful of blocking etc etc. Then add survivability and sustain as needed.

Also, don’t look at it as sustain sets, or damage sets but rather sources of sustain, damage and survivability which you get from sets, cp, traits, glyphs etc.

Ultimately, a balanced build (good damage, good sustain, and survivability) are best; but you really want to carry your build with skill as opposed to thinking certain combinations of sets are going to carry YOU.

Who taught you that? I’ve only been playing since summerset but building that way seems silly. You can’t do damage if you’re dead, and I’ve taken down lots of people because they lacked sustain to keep fighting.

In general those who win are those who keep fighting, it’s just how to accomplish that goal. Too little damage and you’ll get overwhelmed, too little sustain and you’ll run out of resources, and too little survivability and you won’t survive a burst combo. Doing well at pvp is ultimately about how to balance between the three, and sacrificing one at the expense of another just teaches you how to lose.

Each one just decides when you lose if you’re imbalanced; mitigation means you’ll get bursted, sustain means you’ll get outlasted, and damage means you can never win.

The biggest mistake I see in pvp are those who spec glass canon. In general you aren’t going to do well if you increase your damage 5% but take 100% more damage. The biggest obstacle for PvErs who try to pvp is themselves, to get out of the mind frame to overly specialize and sacrifice everything for small increases.
    Edited by Iskiab on May 19, 2019 12:34AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Cortimi
    Cortimi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vermethys wrote: »
    I play a very similar build for BGs; Seventh Legion, Bloodspawn, Viper's Sting. 5 heavy, 2 medium, all Impenetrable. Imperial with the Serpent mundus stone. It's a basic turtle-like, spank-and-tank build I think. Usually reaches around 800k damage and 200k healing in full-length Deathmatches.

Abilities are: Executioner, Forward Momentum, Noxious Breath, Stampede, Volatile Armour, and Take Flight on the 2h axe bar. Venomous Claw, Vigour, Fragmented Shield, Heroic Slash, Reverb Bash, and Spell Wall on the S&B bar.

It's my favourite build to play tbh -- very straightforward, nice sustain, and nice damage/pressure.

Heeey a fellow Imp! I ran that exact setup, only traded it for Shackle to help with being able to cast Wings and avoid and the turd spam.

I think going back to that is a great idea, and swapping Wings for Defensive Posture.

I fully plan on running Wings still, just to bait the little spammers right into Defensive Posture and collecting the salty tears of shock and rage.

That will be next on their nerf list probably lol

• JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Who taught you that? I’ve only been playing since summerset but building that way seems silly. You can’t do damage if you’re dead, and I’ve taken down lots of people because they lacked sustain to keep fighting.

In general those who win are those who keep fighting, it’s just how to accomplish that goal. Too little damage and you’ll get overwhelmed, too little sustain and you’ll run out of resources, and too little survivability and you won’t survive a burst combo. Doing well at pvp is ultimately about how to balance between the three, and sacrificing one at the expense of another just teaches you how to lose.

Each one just decides when you lose if you’re imbalanced; mitigation means you’ll get bursted, sustain means you’ll get outlasted, and damage means you can never win.

The biggest mistake I see in pvp are those who spec glass canon. In general you aren’t going to do well if you increase your damage 5% but take 100% more damage. The biggest obstacle for PvErs who try to pvp is themselves, to get out of the mind frame to overly specialize and sacrifice everything for small increases.

I learned MagDk from one of the best MagDk’s on PCNA. I’m a General and I got that rank solo and if I was grouped up it wasn’t often and it wasn’t with more than 2 other people. I killed the emp twice the other day, though he WAS a Zergling squish, emp buffs and all. Which is what I told zone and dummies I knew on his faction what he was and what I was gonna do to him when I tracked him down in Vivec, Cyrodiil.

You’re absolutely right, a balanced build is best. Yet, we learned running all damage so we’d learn to pressure fools, kite, resource management and not to care about dying. We learned a different way.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on May 19, 2019 9:26PM
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My style is when i make a totally new build im unfamiliar with, I like to over-sustain a bit to practice offensive and defensive rotations of the build. This can be anywhere from running atro over mage, or recov glyphs over spell damage glyphs initially. Eventually I get more efficient with the class and I can afford dropping sustain for more damage.

As for defenses and stats is the first thing I set and I rarely adjust it throughout my optimization process because I kinda already know where the stats should be for certain classes.

I like to record clips of myself so I can see where I can do better. I actually try do this in real life as well when I play tennis. The key is to not rely on the over-sustain as a crutch, but more as breathing room while you learn proper movement and rotations with the class.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Beoulve/Howl Kimchi
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're sad, and a little depressed... if everything haaas faaaaaiiled.... i tried to sing, just tried.

The normally ways get boring? Try the strange dark ways, just try again your lovely baby
    https://www.xynodegaming.com/fury
    Edited by yRaven on May 20, 2019 7:17AM
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For No CP go with Bloodspawn, impregnable and Bone Pirate.

Sustain and tankyness. Dont need damage in co cp, you kill ppl anyway.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They can't kill you if they're dead first. I learned that from my 3 years in Cyrodil and my nearly 5 stars on my main, with several other ranked toons.

There are multiple ways to play and they're all viable, but the real end game in PvP is when you learn how to survive without crutching on heavy armour and massive recovery stats. You learn how to move evasively and out-think your opponent, rather than just standing in their damage and soaking it up. You learn how to sustain your resources by lining up useful burst combos rather than just spamming Steel Tornado or snipe in the middle of a zerg. You learn how to avoid those useless zerg-blobs entirely, because you won't find any skilled opponents in there to challenge you.

The odd thing is, I actually learned how to build the glass cannon spec after I started getting heavily into end game PvE. Light attack cancelling, careful resource management, environmental/raid awareness, and min-maxing your build translates into PvP much better than you would think.
    Edited by p00tx on May 20, 2019 7:59PM
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Re-roll to MagSorc.

Yeah, the freshly re-re-re-re-re nerfed class :|
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re-roll to MagSorc.

This is your only option.
  • Mitaka211
    Mitaka211
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    Re-roll to MagSorc.

Yeah, the freshly re-re-re-re-re nerfed class :|

ughhhh

i can't even with magsorcs . You forgot to mention how they are still considered the top dog when it comes to most content but whatever.
  • WizardofCOR
    WizardofCOR
    Soul Shriven
    It's not that anyone sucks, it's that all the advertised "builds" are basically ***. Nobody gets the scores advertised using the exact same gear, traits, enchants and rotations - they advertise LIES for clicks. Notice they don't ever really dive into the /cmx after the fights on YouTube? There's a reason for that.
    Basically they simply mix-n-match what they feel are BIS and have background help to bolster numbers for the builds they want to advertise.
    They establish a terrible level of expectation that cannot be met by anyone for the sake of being popular on the net.

And this is partly ZOS's fault, for implementing such a faulty game-mechanic system - LAW? Seriously? Nothing screams "Broken" louder.
    ESO parsing/DPS "builds" are a farse that too many take stock in. If you're a good player, you're a good player - and it will show.
  • oscarovegren
    oscarovegren
    ✭✭✭
    Drop shacklebreaker for a frontbared set so you can slot malacath

Frontbar: Unleashed terror, syvarra, stuhns favor, spriggans, titanborn or witch-knight defience are all superior to shacklebreaker. Make sure it has a weapon dmg glyph and sharpened as trait

Backbar: 7th legion, crimson twilight or deadric trickery is good so keep 7th. Nirnhoned mainhand with alchemy poisons and sturdy shield with stam glyph

Malacath + 1pc trainee

Bloodspawn

6 heavy 1 medium

Reinforced heavy chest, legs, boots, shoulders and head
    Impen heavy arms
    Impen medium belt
    All triglyphs

Serpent mundus with nord and artaeum food

3x infused weapon dmg glyphs on jewelry

Physical armor/health/stam potions

I go 1,5-2,5m dmg, 15-25 kills and 0-5 deaths in every BG with this setup
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yRaven wrote: »
    If you're sad, and a little depressed... if everything haaas faaaaaiiled.... i tried to sing, just tried.

The normally ways get boring? Try the strange dark ways, just try again your lovely baby
    https://www.xynodegaming.com/fury

Ooh I love heem jas, such an underrated set, atleast it was until they nerfed major berserk. Is it still good after the changes? Put it on the shelf after the nerf and haven't tried it yet.

I used to run clever, heem-jas and balorgh on my stamden in a spin to win build. It was absolutely disgusting, I've never played a more fun build as that one and the amount of hate whispers were insane 😅
    Edited by Freakin_Hytte on February 8, 2021 10:50AM
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many necroes around. This thread is 1y old
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guys for the love of god pay attention to post dates..
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

As this thread was originally created in 2019 and some of the information may no longer be relevant, we decided to close it down. Please feel free to start a new topic on this subject if you wish to discuss it further.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.