The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Stam DK Set tips

xxpallidinixx
xxpallidinixx
Soul Shriven
Hey everyone, i recently started playing Stam dk in pvp. i really like the stam dk class and would love some tips to improve my build as the end goal of this post is to become a better pvp player thanks!

Current Build

Orc
Warrior mundane stone
Dubious camoran throne

2 piece Blood spawn/impen/Health enchants
5 piece Bone pirate/impen/Stam enchants
5 piece Viper/infused wep damage

Front bar (2h viper Axe/infused/weapon damage enchant)
Crit rush / Noxious / Venomous Claw / Volatile Armor / Rally ULT / Corrosive Armor

Back Bar (Dw viper axes/nirnhoned/poison enchants)
Fossilize / Steel Tornado / Blood craze / Reflective plate / Vigor ULT / Take Flight

Stats buffed

11k Max Magicka
20k Max Health
31k Max Stamina

5100 Weapon Damage
1600 Stam recovery
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    personally I would not use viper unless your going full proctard, at that point would probably want a proc monster set, I personally don't condone it, but its a thing.

I would swap viper with something like shackle for more solid stats.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Abhaya
    Abhaya
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn’t use viper on both bars. It’s one of the sets you can use on one bar and then use a weapon set on your off bar (masters, maelstrom sets, etc)
    Abhaya - PC NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Stam Sorc 2-Hand / Bow Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=169103
  • xxpallidinixx
    xxpallidinixx
    Soul Shriven
    Wing wrote: »
    personally I would not use viper unless your going full proctard, at that point would probably want a proc monster set, I personally don't condone it, but its a thing.

i was thinking of swapping viper out for spriggans but because a lot of my damage comes from dots i didn't know how much id actually benefit from the weapon pen would you still recommend shackle over spriggans?

• xxpallidinixx
    xxpallidinixx
    Soul Shriven
    Abhaya wrote: »
    I wouldn’t use viper on both bars. It’s one of the sets you can use on one bar and then use a weapon set on your off bar (masters, maelstrom sets, etc)

i have masters DW but no axes. i like the bleed the axe passive gives, but i do see your point about double baring viper.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »

i was thinking of swapping viper out for spriggans but because a lot of my damage comes from dots i didn't know how much id actually benefit from the weapon pen would you still recommend shackle over spriggans?

pen is huge in pvp and spriggans would be fine. its not as "shiny" as raw stats because you don't have a big tooltip to drool over but it is highly combat effective, especially with more and more people building more tanky these days, and Elsweyr is going to be the most tanky pvp meta of them all.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spriggans will perform well for you, if you wanted to go the penetration route twice fanged snake would outperform it.

Your thoughts on the value of weapon power for a dot based build are headed in the right direction, especially considering stamDK has access to minor brutality.
    For weapon damage sets consider 7th legion brute, warriors fury, or veiled heritance.

Shackle is unnecessary if you are running bone pirate.
  • armeegrun
    armeegrun
    ✭✭
    I have a STAM DK for PVP, running

Was running 7th and Fury, all heavy. Switched Fury for Hundings, she does much better with that but i am still not satisfied. Everyone is some sort of tank build that you cant kill them, but somehow they can always kill my group. Anyway, I have One hand axe and shield front bar, and two hand axe back bar, both infused, was thinking about making them either sharpened or nirhoned, any thoughts?
  • armeegrun
    armeegrun
    ✭✭
    Also, do you think this class would perform better in medium or is heavy the way to go, I feel like I lack mobility in all heavy, thoughts?
  • xxpallidinixx
    xxpallidinixx
    Soul Shriven
    Spriggans will perform well for you, if you wanted to go the penetration route twice fanged snake would outperform it.

Your thoughts on the value of weapon power for a dot based build are headed in the right direction, especially considering stamDK has access to minor brutality.
    For weapon damage sets consider 7th legion brute, warriors fury, or veiled heritance.

Shackle is unnecessary if you are running bone pirate.

So on in a build with a lot of dots would it be more important to go for the max damage or would the high penetration be a better choice. I’ve wanted to try the 7th legion but is the uptime of the proc good ?

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    armeegrun wrote: »
    Also, do you think this class would perform better in medium or is heavy the way to go, I feel like I lack mobility in all heavy, thoughts?

5 medium works but I can’t stress enough how much 3x protective on your jewellery matters. Typically it’s not worth running medium though, too many Sorcs and pvp squishies who try to hide behind you. Might as well get the benefit of heavy because you’re going to be at the front of the group anyways.

A lot of beginner PvPers try to hide at the back in glass canon specs and sacrifice defense. Guess who they’re hiding behind whether you like it or not.

Typically 4 sorc groups get wrecked. The expectation is you carry them to a win and tank for the group, these days I’d expect at least 1 or 2 sorcs in a random queue.
    Edited by Iskiab on May 18, 2019 11:36PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Iki
    Iki
    ✭✭✭
    Viper is trash set, at least replace that with something else. I would pick either spriggans, deadly strike or clever alchemist.
    Don`t bother with fury or 7. legion if you want to play in medium armor, as in medium you survive by avoiding damage with roll dodge. Would be pretty difficult to survive enough beating to get fury stacks up. And 7. is unreliable source of dmg, sucks if it`s not up when it`s time to leap someone...

Clever alchemist would give you serious burst-windows with very high wep dmg while deadly strike would increase your damage over time pressure more than viper. Your choice which one you prefer.
  • xxpallidinixx
    xxpallidinixx
    Soul Shriven
    Iki wrote: »
    Viper is trash set, at least replace that with something else. I would pick either spriggans, deadly strike or clever alchemist.
    Don`t bother with fury or 7. legion if you want to play in medium armor, as in medium you survive by avoiding damage with roll dodge. Would be pretty difficult to survive enough beating to get fury stacks up. And 7. is unreliable source of dmg, sucks if it`s not up when it`s time to leap someone...

Clever alchemist would give you serious burst-windows with very high wep dmg while deadly strike would increase your damage over time pressure more than viper. Your choice which one you prefer.

Thanks I have deadly, and spriggs I just don’t know which one would be the better pic for the build? I’ve herd a lot of people go with 7th but I don’t like the fact I have to take damage to get the buff thanks for the input!
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks I have deadly, and spriggs I just don’t know which one would be the better pic for the build? I’ve herd a lot of people go with 7th but I don’t like the fact I have to take damage to get the buff thanks for the input!

Deadly if you want to make your DOTs stronger (bleeds, physical, poison damage, etc.). This is where DKs excel. Spriggans if you want to focus on raw damage through penetration.

I'm using Deadly on my DK, and love it. It puts a lot of pressure on people.

Edited by The_Lex on May 19, 2019 6:21PM
  • Iki
    Iki
    ✭✭✭

Yes, lots of people have used 7. legion, but they usually also use heavy armor and s&b and choose the tanky stamdk route you do not seem to want. They combine 7. with fury/shackle etc and tank enough incoming damage to get power out of those sets. I`d say both deadly strike and spriggan give overall pretty similar amount of dmg output, which one would be better for you, hard to say. Answer to one question might help determine that: which ultimate you prefer and use more, leap or corrosive armor?

Because corrosive armor make you ignore targets resistances and if you used that, penetration from spriggans would be wasted and in that case deadly strike would be clear winner. However, if you like to leap a lot, like many dk do (it`s coolest ulti in game, isn`t it? :D ) then spriggan would make that leap hit harder, deadly strikes not.
  • xxpallidinixx
    xxpallidinixx
    Soul Shriven

Yes, lots of people have used 7. legion, but they usually also use heavy armor and s&b and choose the tanky stamdk route you do not seem to want. They combine 7. with fury/shackle etc and tank enough incoming damage to get power out of those sets. I`d say both deadly strike and spriggan give overall pretty similar amount of dmg output, which one would be better for you, hard to say. Answer to one question might help determine that: which ultimate you prefer and use more, leap or corrosive armor?

Because corrosive armor make you ignore targets resistances and if you used that, penetration from spriggans would be wasted and in that case deadly strike would be clear winner. However, if you like to leap a lot, like many dk do (it`s coolest ulti in game, isn`t it? :D ) then spriggan would make that leap hit harder, deadly strikes not.

thanks for the help and its so true! i literally made this dk because leap is awesome.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my med build is Deadly Strike + Spriggan with leap and dawnbreaker ulti
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber