The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

What stamina class for Elsweyr ?

Aloha
Aloha
✭✭✭
Hi !

I have more fun with stamina class.

I would like a class for endgame PvE Vet HM Trial and Arenas/Dungeon HM (scale caller peak, black rose, etc...).
The class I want have to be competitive with 2h/bow, Bow/Bow, DualWiled/Bow with self healing/sustain. I want to play all style.

I can not choose, between all of them even if Stamplar if my favourite because the easiest and good utilities, but the POTL bug annoys me and without jabs on Bow/Bow i don't think this class is good.

sBlade, sSorc, sDK, sPlar, sDen ? (i don't want sCro too many changes are coming and magicka suits better for Necro LORE.)

I watch all builds site/videos from Liko, Fear Turbo, Nos, Alcast and AJ133 but can't decide which class can do all endgame PvE HM with all stamina weapons at its best.

If anyone could help me ! :)

Thank you very much ! <3

Best Answer

• WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade is fine for PVE, arguably still on top (especially if you don’t like StamCro). Assuming the latest PTS version goes live tomorrow, Stamblade is getting a sustain buff and a small unique armor debuff they can apply to enemies. Neither is a massive change, but in a good group the removal of Major Fracture, Minor Endurance, and Minor Berserk is not significant (all of these are provided by tanks and healers). Also Relentless Focus was buffed to 30s instead of 20, and reduces your incoming damage by up to 15% (about 6% on average).
    Answer ✓
  • XarethiuS
    XarethiuS
    Just anything else than stamblade since it is getting nerfed pretty hard from what I've heard.
    "I swear to you gentlemen, that to be overly conscious is a sickness, a real, thorough sickness."
    -Fyodor Mikhailovich Dostoevsky

"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?"
    -Albert Einstein

“Hell isn't a fire pit but a museum of regrets.”
    -Exurb1a
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn’t pick stamblade unless your experience with the class zos decided to take away our damage and sustain.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldn’t pick stamblade unless your experience with the class zos decided to take away our damage and sustain.

In PvE, sustain should be the same actually, or even better. If you'll run the numbers, then you'll see that increasing Relentless duration (hence reducing average stamina cost per second) makes up for the loss of regen (in typical PvE setup with DCT/ATB), within 10-20 effective recovery. And with reave, the sustain is probably strictly better than before. Plus shades now scale with highest resource, so maybe stamblade will be able to dip into magicka pool too.
    Edited by John_Falstaff on May 20, 2019 11:31AM
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In PvE, sustain should be the same actually, or even better. If you'll run the numbers, then you'll see that increasing Relentless duration (hence reducing average stamina cost per second) makes up for the loss of regen (in typical PvE setup with DCT/ATB), within 10-20 effective recovery. And with reave, the sustain is probably strictly better than before. Plus shades now scale with highest resource, so maybe stamblade will be able to dip into magicka pool too.

for reave you need to front bar it which means you cant front bar dawnbreaker.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    hakan wrote: »

for reave you need to front bar it which means you cant front bar dawnbreaker.

Yes, but considering that reduced stamina usage by Relentless already makes sustain practically equal to what it was before, then two light weaves on back bar (where incap is slotted) per rotation will probably push the U22 sustain a bit higher than it's on live. That was the point. Not arguing that to make proper use of Reave in PvE one would have to sacrifice 8% WD from Dawnbreaker, which is a big no.
  • Xerge
    Xerge
    ✭✭✭
    Stam warden is a solid choice with a great toolkit; you have to like the visual effects though.
  • Aloha
    Aloha
    ✭✭✭
    I *** love you !!!

Good points ! :)

Thanks so much, if anyone wants to keep debating or giving point of view, I will appreciate it !

Time for GoT and Elsweyr !

I wish you all a good week ! :)
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm having massive sustain issues now...
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

From a pvp perspective and solo player perspective I personally like playing alone so absolutely everything important and seeing warden keep everything I lose makes me very salty because I only like nb I pay to support eso I will cancel my eso plus when Elsweyr goes live. Though I love story and game pvp an all I can’t support the butchering of my class I have nothing to look forward to in Elsweyr unfortunately the nerf to nb outweighs the story and necromancer that comes with Elsweyr 😔
    Edited by Deathlord92 on May 20, 2019 6:22PM
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necro seems really good with goliath IMO.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @SidraWillowsky , you're having sustain issues in PvP or PvE? I didn't notice difference in sustain PvE-wise, frankly.

@Deathlord92 , yes, can understand that. PvP did take a hit (since percentage boosts play the bigger role the bigger your base regen, so when you have 2-2.5k base regen, can't make up for the loss of 10%), and generally ZOS seem to be dead set on the idea of selling necromancer at all costs. That said, not all is lost, still some ways to adapt. Besides, if you'll catch Blastbone with Mark, you'll get free heal and 30% damage boost. ^^
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SidraWillowsky , you're having sustain issues in PvP or PvE? I didn't notice difference in sustain PvE-wise, frankly.

@Deathlord92 , yes, can understand that. PvP did take a hit (since percentage boosts play the bigger role the bigger your base regen, so when you have 2-2.5k base regen, can't make up for the loss of 10%), and generally ZOS seem to be dead set on the idea of selling necromancer at all costs. That said, not all is lost, still some ways to adapt. Besides, if you'll catch Blastbone with Mark, you'll get free heal and 30% damage boost. ^^
    I know very good point I watched sniker video 😎
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m just on a salty rage m8 I played stamblade since day 1 and I really really enjoy my class nothing else matters to me in eso.
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam Necro.
    They made it op so you would buy it.
    Now go use it.
    And have mercy on my nb please.
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stam NB, Stam Warden are fun to play, they have a lot of stamina morphs which makes them feel unique. Both are solid choices, which one you like the most is just a matter of taste :)

Since I haven't personally tried Stam Necro yet I cant' say how fun it is or not, but it seems to offer unique gameplay with the new corpse thingy, it has most stamina morphs of all classes, and perform very well from what I can see from other people playing it.

So go for one of those, try them out and see what you like. You can probably get a feeling of how they work from guides on YouTube.

And don't choose StamDK or Stam Sorc, they have almost no stamina class abilities which makes them feel generic, static and boring.
    EU PC
  • Aloha
    Aloha
    ✭✭✭
    Lot of good informations here ! Ty :) !!!