The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stamblade Opinions - DW/2H or DW/Bow

lukoi
lukoi
✭✭✭
So I've seen some great builds as I start to learn the game more and more, and several DW/2H out there that seem very effective (yes, I'm aware of the nerfs to sNB -- tbh, I'm not going to worry on that for now). This is more about PvP btw, than PvE (since the latter I can do well enough in, I'm not a speed-trial runner type player etc, so being 100% optimized for PvE isn't a primary concern atm).

The reason I swung by the forums again for advice, is to differentiate the true strengths between the two options, get more experienced player insight on the subject. I've already got a bow/bow sNB that I like quite a bit for PvP (and PvE), and I've played and enjoyed a sNB 2H/bow build.

What I'm really looking for is insight as to what makes the DW/2H shine potentially over a DW/Bow? Both carry a gap closer, vigor (especially with dark cloak) can be sufficient for self-sustainability. What would someone primarying DW, get out of 2H that specifically made it extra viable? Also, I'm planning on this being a HA build, as I'm trying to shake things up.

Thanks in advance.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I used to run DW/Bow on my stamblade some time ago because i was running a DoT build, but if you are planning on wearing a heavy armor then go for DW/2H simply because of Forward Momentum.
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    What does HA have to do with necessitating Forward Momentum in your opinion? Major Brutality making up for the lack of medium pieces/passives?
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lukoi wrote: »
    What does HA have to do with necessitating Forward Momentum in your opinion? Major Brutality making up for the lack of medium pieces/passives?

No, because of the snare removal/immunity. You can access to that with the medium armor skill Shuffle, but not with heavy armor.
    Edit: Major Brutality has nothing to do since you can get it from both DW (hidden blade) and 2H (momentum).
    Edited by Vietfox on May 20, 2019 4:18AM
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    SnB + 2H like any other class because zos do not know what they re doing and screw everything
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    Vietfox wrote: »
    lukoi wrote: »

No, because of the snare removal/immunity. You can access to that with the medium armor skill Shuffle, but not with heavy armor.
    Edit: Major Brutality has nothing to do since you can get it from both DW (hidden blade) and 2H (momentum).

Ah ok thanks. I'd considered it might be shuffle as the other driver, but I've gotten so used to playing without it on my current MA sNB I guess it just didnt seem as big an issue. Thanks!