Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Can't Decide

Pristia
Pristia
✭✭
So I have been reading the customer support forums since sunday, and it seems that ESO is having some seriuos trouble with it's launch. I recieved my IE Wednesday and there was no problem with it as others have expressed, the statue was not broken, and all my codes were where they were supposed to be, mentioned because there was alot of people complaining about both of those issues.
I played the beta and played 3 days early access with not alot of problems, save the occasional quest bug, I was locked out of the game on Sunday like others, because of not having my game code yet, which I now have but have not used as of yet.

Are the problems reported in the other forums the rule or the exception? I don't want to waste my 30 days free dealing with all of the issues expressed in the support forums, I just want to play a game I really enjoyed with the time I did play. It seems like there are alot of problems, but I also know there is alot more players then the ones posting in the support forums and I suspect the majority are not having these issues. Any feedback would be appreciated as it may help in my decision to either sub up, or wait a few weeks until things get addressed.
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

Albert Einstein
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind that the posts you see on forums are the vocal minority, People who are not having trouble and are happily playing normally (aka, the vast majority) are busy playing the game, not posting in the Customer Support forums.

I've been playing since early access (actually, since beta), and I have to say that the game's stabilized a lot even in the last week. I was initially occasionally getting booted, but haven't been as of two patches ago, and even the quests that were bugged in Early Access have been fixed. My advice is: if you want to play, it's worth starting. Some players are still experiencing some hiccups, but, statistically, you are far more likely to have a smooth experience now. :)
    Edited by BlackSparrow on April 11, 2014 10:05PM
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • jambam817_ESO
    jambam817_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I've been playing since a few betas and March 31st. the problems are few and far between. This launch is smooth whether the Nay-Sayers want to admit it or not. Play your included 30 days, you'll see :)
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing i worry about at the moment is the personal bank bug where, if you upgraded your bank to more slots, it can bug out and you lose all your bank items, bank gold and additional bank slots.
    For that reason, i have not yet upgraded my bank at all, instead, i upgraded my character backpacks.

Other than that, i have had exactly one issue since my 5 day early start and that was falling through the floor once when the server got laggy.
    Logged out and back in and all was good.
    :)
    Edited by SirAndy on April 11, 2014 10:36PM
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    The only problem I've had is putting up with a couple of maintenance periods during peak times. Only come across one bugged quest on Ebonheart side and maybe 4 disconnects in the12 days.
  • Synikil1113
    Synikil1113
    Soul Shriven
    Along with everyone else who has posted i have had almost no issues. Only had a total of 1 bugged quest and i found away around that. Level 22ish in ebonheart and 17 in the convenant and besides that quest i have had no issues since the start of 5 day early release. No lagging, graphical glitchs, unable to load launcher, etc etc.
    Going to be mad tho if'n i just jinxed myself lol
  • Pristia
    Pristia
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the replies, I will probably go ahead and sub up, no risk, no reward as they say. I really miss the game, and my little nightblade is probably wondering where I am at :wink:
    You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

Albert Einstein
  • Enteum
    Enteum
    ✭✭✭
    I have been playing since beta and early access. I won't count beta, because it is exactly that. Since early access, I have had a few teething problems.

1. After all maintenance my computer is again listed as an un-trusted machine. I wait for the email, put in the code and sorted.

2. I have had the bank bug. My bank slot expansions reset themselves. I didn't lose anything however, except the Septims I used to upgrade the slots. I wasn't, however, using above the standard 60 slots at the time. I decided to create an Alt character I will level up eventually, but she is just a bank at the moment until they sort the bank bug.

3. I have had my Beta Monkey and Explorer Pack items sent to me 3 times now. 1 of the three is obviously getting what I paid for and beta reward. The other two times a bug.

With all these, to me, it seems to occur after a maintenance. Almost as if after such everything resets. If you follow my jist. These are just hiccups, nothing game breaking for me. A real smooth ride.

Generally, other than that. I am having a ton of FUN! I love this game and I will be in Tamriel for a very, very long time.

I can't recommend it enough. But, I am a long term Elder Scrolls fan. So there you go.
    Edited by Enteum on April 11, 2014 10:57PM
    Asira Avalis - Mage
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I my experience with mmos this stands as the game I had the least problems with. There have been some minor lag problems but all in all It plays nicely.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Moobs
    Moobs
    ✭✭✭
    Very few issues for me. The occasional bugged quest that I can usually fix by relogging. Otherwise I'm having an amazing experience. I think you'll be fine.
  • trahe
    trahe
    ✭✭
    I think this has been the best roll-out I have ever played and that's saying something. Mon-Fri I play 5-6 hours. During that time I "might" get disconnected once. I haven't had a stuck quest since the end of beta.

Please do what you want to do, but if someone waves at you or says hello, it might be me.
  • Pristia
    Pristia
    ✭✭
    So I went ahead and started my sub, have yet to put in imperial and explorer codes, but just doing baby steps. So far I have had only 1 game crash (where it pops up the window to ask what I was doing at the time of the crash) and there has been a few times when my toon has become unresponsive in combat, I could still move, but no attacking, so I tap esc twice and I am fine.
    Maybe all my skepticism was just nonsense, but its better to be safe then sorry, thank all y'all for your responses, made me feel a lot better about starting my sub.

Albert Einstein
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    Pristia wrote: »
    So I went ahead and started my sub, have yet to put in imperial and explorer codes, but just doing baby steps. So far I have had only 1 game crash (where it pops up the window to ask what I was doing at the time of the crash) and there has been a few times when my toon has become unresponsive in combat, I could still move, but no attacking, so I tap esc twice and I am fine.
    Maybe all my skepticism was just nonsense, but its better to be safe then sorry, thank all y'all for your responses, made me feel a lot better about starting my sub.

Your problems so far might just be network related. I have a flaky wifi router and everything you describe happens for me when it needs a nap and a reboot. If you can do it, I would highly recommend a wired connection.
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pristia wrote: »
    Good luck and have fun, I'm sure you will, though. :D
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn