The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Looking for Add-on that blocks Group Loot Add-ons

Ri_Khan
Ri_Khan
✭✭✭✭✭
Does such a thing exist? If not, what's the best way of dealing with the grief that's being enabled by them?
  • Shanee
    Shanee
    ✭✭
    Nope, nothing like this exists and I doubt it'll come about unless Zos themselves decide to give you an option to hide your loot from others.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i always appear offline when in a pug group stops them whispering for gear lol
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What OP is asking for is an add-on that would manipulate game data, since that is where that information comes from. No add-on can do such a thing.

What Alienoutlaw suggests would at least curb whispers.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i personally hate the group loot addon thing and Actively ignored anyone that used it untill i found out about the appear offline thing (they get Account not found when they try whisper you)
  • JadeCoin
    JadeCoin
    ✭✭✭✭
    At moments like this, I can't help but feel that there's a beautiful simplicity that comes with playing on console. It's like living in a simpler, purer age, before we had complicated things like heat and running water. ;)
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or we could help people get the gear they are looking for. This is a multiplayer game. If you really need something then just tell them that. If you feel like you need compensation offer to sell it for a fair price (or even an unfair price, many would rather overpay than farm the same dungeon dozens of times).

9 times out of 10 I’ll give the requested gear for free, most of it is useless to me anyway. I’m always glad when someone asks for something specific through the use of addons, since I generally am not keeping track of what I’ve picked up in dungeons and trials. This works the other way too, the vast majority of players I’ve encountered are happy to share, or politely state when they want to keep something.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or we could help people get the gear they are looking for. This is a multiplayer game. If you really need something then just tell them that. If you feel like you need compensation offer to sell it for a fair price (or even an unfair price, many would rather overpay than farm the same dungeon dozens of times).

9 times out of 10 I’ll give the requested gear for free, most of it is useless to me anyway. I’m always glad when someone asks for something specific through the use of addons, since I generally am not keeping track of what I’ve picked up in dungeons and trials. This works the other way too, the vast majority of players I’ve encountered are happy to share, or politely state when they want to keep something.

helping ppl with gear not the issue i think, maybe the unwanted whispers demanding items ppl can see you picked up with current addons, i offer an item its because i dont need it and dont mind giving it away, i object to the "i'll take that dagger of xyz you just picked up" type of msg
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

helping ppl with gear not the issue i think, maybe the unwanted whispers demanding items ppl can see you picked up with current addons, i offer an item its because i dont need it and dont mind giving it away, i object to the "i'll take that dagger of xyz you just picked up" type of msg

Sure there are the rare cases where people are awful. But there are plenty of ways to deal with them: offline mode, ignore, tell them your price for the dagger is 500k, or the classic “flip the bird” emote. A few demanding, rude and entitled players are no reason to remove a useful tool from the game, especially when so many decent people utilize it responsibly and as a convenience (not having to link everything you pickup in chat as an offering to the group, or dig through all the junk you picked up before disbanding).

I also wonder how many of the ones that come off as demanding jerks really intend to. Some of this must be poor English or lack of context. I doubt anyone claiming a right to your loot has much luck getting people to share it anyway. You catch more flies with honey...
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @WrathOfInnos i agree i just offering ways around it for the OP
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies so far. I'm not looking to debate hypothetical language barriers or if it's right/wrong to use these add-on's, they're obviously accepted. I'm just wondering what the options were for dealing with them. Looks like all of those involve me having to be anti-social which is a terrible solution but oh well. It would be nice to just have a way to block or opt-out of them instead.
  • DarkerDreams
    DarkerDreams
    ✭✭✭
    The way I understand it is there is no way to block it unless ZOS decides to change something period. As some who was literally kicked from a dungeon for not giving up loot , I for one would love to be able to block people from seeing what I got.
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kicked from a dungeon because you did not share "your" loot? Wow. ppl must be really mad sometimes. I doubt this can be solved by restricting the game mechanics if someone just will be an idiot...
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah this.

Plus it's actually more RP-friendly that people can see your loot... Think about it: if you were your avatar you would physically see the item your comrade found on the enemy's corpse.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could just destroy the piece of gear and send them the mats lol. Anyone who thinks they are entitled to a piece of gear in a dungeon and hassles another player for it deserves trollyness.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, how is an addon that looks into other players inventories without their permission acceptable. Seems invasive and ridiculous.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    You could just destroy the piece of gear and send them the mats lol. Anyone who thinks they are entitled to a piece of gear in a dungeon and hassles another player for it deserves trollyness.

Whines about something he has no knowledge about...
    Also, how is an addon that looks into other players inventories without their permission acceptable. Seems invasive and ridiculous.

Confirms he has no knowledge about it.

And too OP: Start sharing those drops you know you wont use. Would't you want your teammates to help you when you look for gear?
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kikke wrote: »

And too OP: Start sharing those drops you know you wont use. Would't you want your teammates to help you when you look for gear?

Anybody who is demanding instead if polite deserves to be treated in kind. Why would you think otherwise?
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Clearly someone here is lacking knowledge and it isn't jaws343.

I do and my teammates always help me when they can as well. Never had to use an add-on that tells me what gear drops for them without their consent in order to find what I'm after either. It's very simple, all I had to do was let them know what I was looking for. Imagine that.
  • DarkerDreams
    DarkerDreams
    ✭✭✭

The way I understand it is it doesn't 'look' in your inventory. For lack of better description, the information of what you got is 'announced' when you pick it up. The add-on just displays the info that is already available.
    Edited by DarkerDreams on May 3, 2019 7:52PM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The way I understand it is it doesn't 'look' in your inventory. For lack of better description, the information of what you got is 'announced' when you pick it up. The add-on just displays the info that is already available.

Correct. Without the broadcast to every group member there would be no loot at all.
    Edited by Feanor on May 9, 2019 11:08AM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baertram wrote: »
    Kicked from a dungeon because you did not share "your" loot? Wow. ppl must be really mad sometimes. I doubt this can be solved by restricting the game mechanics if someone just will be an idiot...

I wasn't kicked for it, but I did once leave a group before we started because I was told to send all my drops to the group leader who would then decide at the end of the run who got what. Apparently that's how all MMOs have always worked and no one should be surprised by it.

I had encountered similar systems in old-fashioned MMOs where all the loot just drops on the ground and goes to whoever grabs it first and that's exactly what made me decide I didn't want to waste my time with it here. Can be ok in established groups but with randoms it's at best a waste of time and more often than not a way for the leader to ensure they or their friends get all the best stuff and everyone else is left with the trash.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never expereienced this (except in other games like you have described with the ground drop loots).
    If someone askes me to give all loot to the group leader, and it's not a friends or guilds run where this was made clear in advanced, I'd just say no and go play with others :)

btw: I'd also report the player(s) telling me to follow "their rules" as this is definately nothing ESO should accept. No matter if or what will be done then...
    Edited by Baertram on May 19, 2019 6:44PM