Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Necro healer doesn't bring much to the table, change my mind.

Grandma
Grandma
✭✭✭✭✭
Necro seems like a super creative dps (mag AND stam) and tanking class, but the healing side is lacking. The only utility gimmick they hold over other classes is a (super expensive) instant 3 person resurrection. Aside from that, I think they have a short cooldown minor vuln synergy, and that's about it? i'd love to make one my main healer but i see no reason to run one except for the resurrection gimmick.
GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Necromancer is a really good PvE healer. It might seem weak because it does not have unique buffs like other classes, but thats part of it's actual strength. Necromancer has basically no buff redundancy, while bringing strong support and a convenient playstyle. In particular it shines with the by far strongest ultigen of any class and two unique synergies for keeping up Alkosh.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »
    Necromancer is a really good PvE healer. It might seem weak because it does not have unique buffs like other classes, but thats part of it's actual strength. Necromancer has basically no buff redundancy, while bringing strong support and a convenient playstyle. In particular it shines with the by far strongest ultigen of any class and two unique synergies for keeping up Alkosh.

i'm interested to hear about this! I must have missed the ultigen factor. is that the whole consuming corpses thing? what kept warden in the healer game aside from templar (templar's mainstay being shards and ritual) was their minor toughness. So you're saying the necro ult IS that main focus, and their ult gen compensates for this?
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grandma wrote: »

i'm interested to hear about this! I must have missed the ultigen factor. is that the whole consuming corpses thing? what kept warden in the healer game aside from templar (templar's mainstay being shards and ritual) was their minor toughness. So you're saying the necro ult IS that main focus, and their ult gen compensates for this?

Yes, most of it comes from consuming corpses, 30-35 of them and you have your ultimate back. That means a warhorn or destro every trashpull in a lot of cases. It is increasing group DPS that likely pushes Necromancer into the meta. Sure toughness is great, but thats basically all a Warden provides, a Necromancer can't. A tank can simply do that in trials, there is no need to have multiple DK tanks. And in dungeons who cares about minor toughness?

What also makes Necromancer interesting is that its kit is very similar to Templar. It has a breath equivalent, selfpurge, accessible tankyness, insane sustain, etc. This makes Necromancer be fully capable to take over roles where you would otherwise prefer a Templar over other classes.
    Edited by FakeFox on May 17, 2019 12:38AM
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • BrianLovesLisa
    BrianLovesLisa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can necros trigger alkosh on self since they have self synergy?
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

With the graveyard, they should be. Haven't tested it though. But my point is about providing synergies to the tank. Two unique ones from a single healer is pretty significant as it basically means you don't need to worry much about other roles providing additional ones, other then those they have anyway.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ultigen
    Emergency res ultimate
    Self synergy generation

+ They look cool
  • BrianLovesLisa
    BrianLovesLisa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With the graveyard, they should be. Haven't tested it though. But my point is about providing synergies to the tank. Two unique ones from a single healer is pretty significant as it basically means you don't need to worry much about other roles providing additional ones, other then those they have anyway.

Oh no, I got your point, I was just asking if they could Self Alkosh. I will get on PTS and come back with an answer.
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    + They look cool

this is what counts.
    Yes, most of it comes from consuming corpses, 30-35 of them and you have your ultimate back. That means a warhorn or destro every trashpull in a lot of cases. It is increasing group DPS that likely pushes Necromancer into the meta. Sure toughness is great, but thats basically all a Warden provides, a Necromancer can't. A tank can simply do that in trials, there is no need to have multiple DK tanks. And in dungeons who cares about minor toughness?

What also makes Necromancer interesting is that its kit is very similar to Templar. It has a breath equivalent, selfpurge, accessible tankyness, insane sustain, etc. This makes Necromancer be fully capable to take over roles where you would otherwise prefer a Templar over other classes.

i'm glad to hear about this. I also think the point someone else brought up of the self synergy being useful for the tank themselves is nice, and you are right that most off tanks are wardens! I guess i'm just unsure about where I want to go next. My main hardcore character was a healplar that i stopped using out of boredom (played the role since console launch) and i've been floating trying to find what i want to focus on next. I guess i'm excited to give necro a try now. Thank you!

• BrianLovesLisa
    BrianLovesLisa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like you can't self trigger alkosh O.o
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grandma wrote: »
    Necro seems like a super creative dps (mag AND stam) and tanking class, but the healing side is lacking. The only utility gimmick they hold over other classes is a (super expensive) instant 3 person resurrection. Aside from that, I think they have a short cooldown minor vuln synergy, and that's about it? i'd love to make one my main healer but i see no reason to run one except for the resurrection gimmick.

I think you are a bit early in asking for this kind of feedback, the vast majority of players have never played a Necro as they do not play on the pts. Wait until folk have played it for a while, then ask.

Personally I tend to agree, it does not, on the face of it, look like the Necro is going to replace my Templar healer, but I will certainly be making a Necro healer, that will be my first Necro character.
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should rename him to Bazooka-mancer.
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Running progression groups with 2 necro tanks and 2 necro healers rezzing on cooldown seems legit if maybe overkill.
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably will replace sorc healers.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends how you look at it. I was feeling bumed too. They can unlike other healer classes use their own playstle.

Buff was there's empowered, minor protection, aoe minor vulnerability synergy, expensive Rez ultimate, potentially nice ultimate generation, there's added restiences that synergize well with warden heals.

It's just another option. I see warden, nerco, Templar, along with Sorc and Nightblade doing well this update. Probably just a bit more polish then we will have 5 competitive options.

• Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably will replace sorc healers.

i hadn't looked at it this way, but 2 unique synergies for the tank... that's basically what sorc healers are mostly for to begin with, as well as the minor intellect but you know.
    Tasear wrote: »
    Depends how you look at it. I was feeling bumed too. They can unlike other healer classes use their own playstle.

Buff was there's empowered, minor protection, aoe minor vulnerability synergy, expensive Rez ultimate, potentially nice ultimate generation, there's added restiences that synergize well with warden heals.

It's just another option. I see warden, nerco, Templar, along with Sorc and Nightblade doing well this update. Probably just a bit more polish then we will have 5 competitive options.

insightful. I hope Nightblade gets some healer compensation after all the dps nerfs they got battered with. Last patch notes are always pretty wild though so we won't really know anything for sure until tomorrow!
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    darkblue5 wrote: »
    Running progression groups with 2 necro tanks and 2 necro healers rezzing on cooldown seems legit if maybe overkill.

Definitely have been theory crafting a Necro Tank or healer with that ultimate in mind... I'll update when I see how it does 🙂