The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Would you like free out of combat morph resets?

techprince
techprince
✭✭✭✭✭
PvE and PvP morphs can differ. Tank/Healing/DD morphs can differ. Furthermore single target and AOE morphs differ. Wouldn't it be useful to have free, out of combat morph resets? Like putting skills into morphable state permanently.

To the voters choosing No with the reason of "meaningful choice", don't you change your gear for switching roles? or PvE or PvP or for Trials? don't you change your skills? where is your meaningful choice now? why does your "meaningful choice" only apply here?

Edited by techprince on May 19, 2019 12:04PM

Would you like free out of combat morph resets? 34 votes

Yes
58%
Pinesymilesrodneymcneely2_ESOixieTanis-StormbinderXvorgShadowDiscipleXogathCalboytechprinceKurtAngle2VietfoxMiguZIron_BlurrRaptorRodeoGodApostateHoboDrako_EiGreystagWelkynarIzzyStardustFangOfTheTwoMoons 20 votes
No
41%
BlueRavenkypranb14_ESOnihoumab14_ESORev RielleManwithBeard9Taleof2Citieskollege14a5FleetwoodSmackChilly-McFreezetroomardarkblue5Wyrd88Wandering_ImmigrantBradyfjord 14 votes
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm...this is hard to answer. So makes sense to be able to switch roles but then brings issue should people switch roles often? Then there's PvP vs PvE morph options.

Then lastly not making a semi permanent decision just make game feel less rewarding to immersion.
  • techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Tasear wrote: »
    Hmm...this is hard to answer. So makes sense to be able to switch roles but then brings issue should people switch roles often? Then there's PvP vs PvE morph options.

Then lastly not making a semi permanent decision just make game feel less rewarding to immersion.

Even if you don't consider any roles, what about single target skills and aoe skills? Like for Bow, Arrow Barrage for aoe, endless hail for single, for 2H Reverse Slice for AOE and Executioner for single, for DW Steel Tornado for AOE and Whirling Blades for single.
    Not sure how immersion plays any part in this.
    Edited by techprince on May 18, 2019 9:13AM
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    techprince wrote: »

Even if you don't consider any roles, what about single target skills and aoe skills? Like for Bow, Arrow Barrage for aoe, endless hail for single, for 2H Reverse Slice for AOE and Executioner for single, for DW Steel Tornado for AOE and Whirling Blades for single.

Making your choice and sticking with it is the whole point if morphs. Is AoE more important to you than ST? Do you want some healing or more damage/a debuff on the skill? Those choices make morph selection meaningful. If you were able to switch on the fly what would be the point of morphs?
  • e-rwan
    e-rwan
    ✭✭
    Not necessarily free, but the possibility to change morph like we can change CP would be nice.
    just to switch the pvp/pve morph or interrupting morph when you need it without having to go to the shrine.
    Royaji wrote: »

Making your choice and sticking with it is the whole point if morphs. Is AoE more important to you than ST? Do you want some healing or more damage/a debuff on the skill? Those choices make morph selection meaningful. If you were able to switch on the fly what would be the point of morphs?

it is not a point of aoe vs st but rather pvp/pve, for exemple with my warden healer I use budding seed in pve, but not in pvp where I could use corrupting pollen because of the hassle it is to change morph.

• techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Point of morphs is to use the appropriate one according to the scenario. Its not like you can slot BOTH morphs at the same time. You are already sacrificing the functionality of the other. You are already choosing. You will still have to choose. But this allows efficient use of skills and allows further min maxing.
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other because I am a unique snowflake only able to express my answer in a way that cannot be lumped together with anyone else's answer.

You don't understand my struggle so don't try to judge my life, okay?
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Point of morphs is to use the appropriate one according to the scenario. Its not like you can slot BOTH morphs at the same time. You are already sacrificing the functionality of the other. You are already choosing. You will still have to choose. But this allows efficient use of skills and allows further min maxing.

Appropiate to your build. You don't have to absolutely min max every single scenario. Power creep is a thing.
    Edited by Royaji on May 18, 2019 10:50AM
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

What?

Who is anyone but the player to answer that?

Also if I can walk to a church and change morphs, it's not even semi permanent.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    e-rwan wrote: »
    Not necessarily free, but the possibility to change morph like we can change CP would be nice.
    just to switch the pvp/pve morph or interrupting morph when you need it without having to go to the shrine.

it is not a point of aoe vs st but rather pvp/pve, for exemple with my warden healer I use budding seed in pve, but not in pvp where I could use corrupting pollen because of the hassle it is to change morph.

It would be nice if they add a respec shrine at the gates. I found myself often leaving a campaign because I needed to respec. Normally not an issue but while campaigns are pop locked it's a bit annoying.

Other than that I agree with Royaji
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    e-rwan wrote: »

Not a hassle: walk into any temple and change it.

YOU USED TO have to pay for ALL Skillpoints just to change morphs - so consider yourself lucky.
  • techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Appropiate to your build. You don't have to absolutely min max every single scenario. Power creep is a thing.

We dont have to but yet all veteran players do. It should be a choice. Choosing it or not should be your own decision.
    Edited by techprince on May 18, 2019 3:39PM
  • ShadowDisciple
    ShadowDisciple
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Zacuel wrote: »
    Other because I am a unique snowflake only able to express my answer in a way that cannot be lumped together with anyone else's answer.

Ehhh..
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    We dont have to but yet all veteran players do. It should be a choice. Choosing it or not should be your own decision.

@techprince, whether your idea is good or not is irrelevant ... ZOS won't support it because you're trying to avoid a gold sink.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just like to be able to get out of combat...
  • techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

@techprince, whether your idea is good or not is irrelevant ... ZOS won't support it because you're trying to avoid a gold sink.

Its about morphs only. Attributes and skills will still require manual resetting which is also a gold sink.
  • Xogath
    Xogath
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    We need a dual+ spec system already.

Completely resetting your character's attributes and abilities simply because you want to do something different (PvP/PvE) is absurd and far too time consuming.

There are better options for gold sinks, such as mounts, housing items, cosmetics, etc.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to put morph and attribute altars in the Imperial City base camps.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xogath wrote: »

Completely resetting your character's attributes and abilities simply because you want to do something different (PvP/PvE) is absurd and far too time consuming.

There are better options for gold sinks, such as mounts, housing items, cosmetics, etc.

Are you sure you understand what a gold sink is? Because none of the things you mentioned can be gold sinks. To begin with, majority of them can't be bought with gold. Secondly, all of those are one time purchase.
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Xogath wrote: »

Sounds like something ZOS would add to the cash shop. I would probably buy it.
  • Wandering_Immigrant
    Wandering_Immigrant
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    There's a strategy involved in having to make a choice and stick to it. If you get caught in a situation where you would have been better off with a different morph or skill slotted it just means there's a weak point in your build atm that you have work around. If you have no back up plan or alternate way to go about things you should probably work on being more creative in your approach.

Min/Maxing involves strategy too and there's certainly a place for it my heart, but if you require it for every situation then it becomes nothing but a crutch.

There's a shrine not even 10 steps away from the wayshrine in Elden Root, it doesn't need more convenient than that.
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zacuel wrote: »

Ehhh..

I feel SO judged right now.
  • techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    There's a strategy involved in having to make a choice and stick to it. If you get caught in a situation where you would have been better off with a different morph or skill slotted it just means there's a weak point in your build atm that you have work around. If you have no back up plan or alternate way to go about things you should probably work on being more creative in your approach.

Min/Maxing involves strategy too and there's certainly a place for it my heart, but if you require it for every situation then it becomes nothing but a crutch.

There's a shrine not even 10 steps away from the wayshrine in Elden Root, it doesn't need more convenient than that.

There is no such thing as "weak spot". Its called being efficient by using the right morph at the right time. You already switch gears, where is your meaningful choice in it? Why does the meaningful choice only apply here? double standards, double standards everywhere....
    Edited by techprince on May 19, 2019 10:54AM
  • Wandering_Immigrant
    Wandering_Immigrant
    ✭✭✭✭
    No

There is no such thing as "weak spot". Its called being efficient by using the right morph at the right time. You already switch gears, where is your meaningful choice in it? Why does the meaningful choice only apply here? double standards, double standards everywhere....

Yes you can change your gear, but aside from using the personal banker, which not everyone has, you're restricted to the gear on your person. Point being, you prepare for whatever you plan to be doing by bringing the tools you think you'll be needing. If someone gains an advantage over you because they brought better tools, then they deserve that advantage because they prepared better. That doesn't mean you can't overcome, effiencey is just that, it's efficient, not the only way. Let's please not water the game down to the point where we need to call a time out in between every single encounter so that the people who've only ever learned one way of doing things can respec.
  • techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Yes you can change your gear, but aside from using the personal banker, which not everyone has, you're restricted to the gear on your person. Point being, you prepare for whatever you plan to be doing by bringing the tools you think you'll be needing. If someone gains an advantage over you because they brought better tools, then they deserve that advantage because they prepared better. That doesn't mean you can't overcome, effiencey is just that, it's efficient, not the only way. Let's please not water the game down to the point where we need to call a time out in between every single encounter so that the people who've only ever learned one way of doing things can respec.

Banker isnt needed at all. You have 200 slots on a single character, more than enough to carry multiple sets around. No need to call a timeout, you can use an addon for switching morphs as well which doesnt take more than few seconds. People already use addons for switching gear/skills, why not morphs?