The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Chest not working

Petoften
Petoften
✭✭✭
I got a 60 slot chest and put it in the villa, but can't interact with it.

I have a 30 slot one in the room, and it works.
  • Lady_Scorp72
    Lady_Scorp72
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try repositioning it, and make sure it's glowing green when you set it down. I've had it happen a few times where I thought it was green, but it ended up moving slightly when I placed it, and I had to readjust.

Edited to add that any other furniture/collectibles that are too close, on or under it, can sometimes cause the same issue.
    Edited by Lady_Scorp72 on May 17, 2019 5:55AM
    Bosmer Warden, backstabbing Thief and Mischief Maker

“You’re as stealthy as a Mammoth on tip-toes.”
    — NPC, The Rift
  • Petoften
    Petoften
    ✭✭✭
    I positioned it a number of times, in and out of the house, and it never glows, it's like a normal item. It's nowhere near anything.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't recall how the editor acts if you're trying to place more than the limit for an item type. The small homes can only take a few chests, and they share a category with other interactables.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The villa can be wonky on the placement of intractable items. But it not glowing at all, (the yellow or green color) is weird. Maybe it is a UI error? I've had a few UI errors when placing items. I don't know why it happens. Have you tried leaving the house and coming back to try again?
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Petoften
    Petoften
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't place it in the apartment, it got an error about a limit from the one chest already there. This is in a big villa.

I have logged out, and changed chars, no change.