Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Fellow explores, sound off!

TerraDewBerry
TerraDewBerry
✭✭✭✭✭
1. As an avid explore, I am loving the game. However, there are for me, some issues I'm running across. For instance, the quest log is too confining for me. I love just running around and exploring wherever my feet take me. I'll run across some quest out in the middle of nowhere, and whereas I would like to do the quest.. I'm not wanting to stop exploring currently to do it. I want to be able to grab the quest and come back later when I'm wanting to quest to do it. I can't tell you how many times I'm running into the "quest log is full" thing. Seems to me 50 quests for the log would be less confining for me.

2. As a fan of climbing every mountain I can see, I'm frustrated at just now many mountain tops I can't get on top of in the game. I'm one of those people who just wants to climb! It just is not an option often in the game. I see a beautiful waterfall.. I appreciate that for the beauty of it, but my next thought is "I wonder what's on top there" and want to climb up and see!

3. Waterfalls. What exploring soul does not want to find something interesting behind a waterfall? A dark cave, a secret room, a treasure chest.. or just something!

4. Can't swim underwater. Wth? That means no cool sunken ships where I can find cool treasure. Some of my more favorite memories of elder scrolls games of past has been the time I've been able to explore stuff underwater. And if you're going to have water.. I need some fish swimming in it! What is with the invisible fish that you catch? I see fish hanging on cord out in the open world... yet I see no fish in the water... how is this possible? I can be killed by slaughter fish... but I can't see or kill them? :(

I'd be interested to see what other fellow explorers think about the topics I've raised.
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    I approve this message.
  • Crumpy
    Crumpy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the underwater swimming - I mean, an Argonian perk is being able to breathe underwater.... that is now useless in this game
    I lyke not this quill.
  • madterryk
    madterryk
    2. Man I hope you live in the western us- specifically the Rockies or the Sierras- and agree with you whole heartedly. Course there are fabled places such as the Alps and Himalyas but I don't known anyone personally who hikes and climbs there during the bulk of their free time. I've noticed skyshards like to live on top of waterfalls or secluded scenic locations ( or right next angry elite mobs hungry for a wandering player.
    3. Similar to 2- usually can find something at, near, or inside a waterfall...
    4. There are fishies in the water sometimes- I've seen their shadows. I remember fish in the water but not sure if that was ESO or Skyrim- if you really have a wish to catch a fish don't swim too far out into the ocean....mean fishies there....

As an odd and off the wall point- all werewolf players should either be required to wear flea collars or have to scratch themselves all the time. "Is that fur? Coming out of your ears?"

• Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    The invisible walls really bug me. Yes, they are there. I found one on top of a wall in Stonefalls (on the side of the volcano) and there are a lot on hills with ledges you should be able to climb, orc house roofs, etc.
    Very annoying.
  • Enteum
    Enteum
    ✭✭✭
    madterryk wrote: »
    Course there are fabled places such as the Alps and Himalyas.

Fable, my friend. They are not fabled, for they are true to this world :smile:

Asira Avalis - Mage
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Melian wrote: »
    The invisible walls really bug me. Yes, they are there. I found one on top of a wall in Stonefalls (on the side of the volcano) and there are a lot on hills with ledges you should be able to climb, orc house roofs, etc.
    Very annoying.

omg.. we can't walk on house roofs? wth? :( I hadn't even tried that yet. I used to love to go running and jumping from house roof to house roof in previous elder scroll games! I think they did a good job with the game over all, but I don't think it was fully "explorer tested, explorer approved" :/

If ESO had a true explore test the game prior to release... they would have made sure there was some way of getting on top of the highest mountains/waterfalls even if it took some time to figure out how to do it. A true explorer would have put cool things behind at least some of the waterfalls, and a true explorer at heart would have made sure the world under the water just as amazing as the land above. :(

Still, overall.. a very good game... just not fully explorable as explorers would like it to be... just saying.