The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Indrik is floating?

Seleval
Seleval
✭✭✭
20190430203728_1.jpg
20190430203737_1.jpg
It seems to be floating kind on non-flat ground. :/
PC/EU
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ieUN3H9.gif

It's a known bug that will likely never be fixed.
    Edited by Edaphon on April 30, 2019 6:43PM
  • Verbal_Earthworm
    Verbal_Earthworm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.

This is the broken mount(s) to celebrate the broken 5 year jubilee events/servers.

Working as intended apparently.

ZOS is far too busy nerfing things to fix anything important.
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.

This is the broken mount(s) to celebrate the broken 5 year jubilee events/servers.

Working as intended apparently.

ZOS is far too busy nerfing things to fix anything important.

Yup, it's sad with Indrik's being the grand prize of all of the events. It takes a bit of dedication to collect all of the feathers and berries to unlock them. Yet ZOS failed to quality check them before release, and continues to fail by not reading player reports that the issue is still ongoing. What's doubly sad is they're under the impression they fixed this problem when Wrathstone came out:

UbmAvGl.jpg

Edit May 18th: v5.0.4 has properly corrected Indrik's feet on sloped ground. I tested it today on PTS and they looked great.
    Edited by Ertosi on May 18, 2019 5:52PM
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What's even worse is that the mount tilts like a drunk to one side when you're riding it, and it seems to get worse as you go.

The Indrik pet even has trouble standing flat on the ground, I've noticed >.>;
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edaphon wrote: »
    ieUN3H9.gif

It's a known bug that will likely never be fixed.

I saw doug henning live once. He made magic. :o
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's even worse is that the mount tilts like a drunk to one side when you're riding it, and it seems to get worse as you go.

I really hope that this will get fixed at some point. Its basically the main reason why I don't really use this mount.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed that if I stop and all of my indrik's feet aren't on the ground, if I go forward another step then they likely will all be on the ground. It's like the animation sequence cycles between four slants-- body slanted upward, body level, body slanted downward, body level, then repeat-- and when you stop, the indrik doesn't automatically return to the body level slant, whether or not the feet are still moving.

Personally, it doesn't bother me in the slightest.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • SnowFeather
    SnowFeather
    ✭✭
    Go to gameplay an turn on IK. Its the only way to stop it from floating. The indrik also wabbles back an forth when running/walking if its turned off...

I hate IK on because it makes every mount (especially horses) look like their legs are buckling, so i keep it off...but turn it on when using an indrik.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know, right. They said they fixed it, but didn't. I was hoping it had just been overlooked by accident, but another patch or two has come and gone since then, and it's still not fixed, and as far as I know, the developers haven't mentioned it at all (I missed the last ESO Live, though).

Maybe some day. ... :/
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Riding Indriks feels like a driving on uneven ground with no suspension.

Such a laboriously obtained mount ought to perform better.
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
  • ShellaSunshine
    ShellaSunshine
    ✭✭✭

It's horns also stabs the character in the face while sprinting on the mount...

Really irritates me as if this was happening in real life, your character would be dead...

omg please fix animations!!!!
    Edited by ShellaSunshine on May 1, 2019 4:37AM
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is trying to become a flying mount but you will need many, many more berries to evolve the indrik into it's final form.... :o
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nahhhhh, they already stated that they fixed that issue. Working as intended. (Said while an indrik is floating behind me)
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • SnowFeather
    SnowFeather
    ✭✭
    The issue is fixed..lF you have IK turned on. It no longer tilts or floats. However for those of us who prefer IK off, yea its still an issue. Until they fix it with IK off...just turn it on when riding an indrik.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Regular Horse Master Race.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nope, they're just really derpy.

Still not as bad as running on the back of your bear mount though.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As soon as mine farted the first time I put it back in my stable and pulled out a different mount.
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue is fixed..lF you have IK turned on. It no longer tilts or floats. However for those of us who prefer IK off, yea its still an issue. Until they fix it with IK off...just turn it on when riding an indrik.

Problem is, that's not a fix, merely a band-aid to cover up the issue. No other mount floats with IK turned off. IK only exists to help add a little extra realism to exact foot placement, it should never be used to grossly distort improperly set up mounts by stretching/compressing them until they are forced to touch the ground.
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With a little imagination you can just imagine that's it's rearing... a very little bit... constantly...
  • JadeCoin
    JadeCoin
    ✭✭✭✭
    After weeks of testing, I'm fairly certain at this point that it's a pool float with legs.

Untitled-7.jpg

The "Balloondrik," I think they called it?
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those who had been upset over Indriks popping wheelies everywhere they went, know that v5.0.4 has properly corrected Indrik's feet on sloped ground. I tested it today on PTS and they looked great.

Thank you, ZOS for hearing us and correcting the issue.

Side note: Some had previously mentioned a side-to-side wobble when indrik mounts run. I've never been bothered with it enough to notice, but someone in another thread recently mentioned that issue still remains.
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yup, I noticed that the other night and took a few screens to share with a guild of mine.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!