Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anyone else getting random Enviromental Damage in bgs?

Glass
Glass
✭✭✭
It happened twice today and once two days ago. I'm fighting and all of the sudden I get 22k enviromental damage or whatever my health is and die instantly.
Before someone says it, no, no lava or fall dmg or anything like that. It happened in Mor Khasgur, Arcane University and once in the arena bg (someone maybe can help with the name) So probably is entirely random?
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you go too high in the air near a spawn it instant-kills you.

Fire rune, or a meteor that hits you while you're jumping can put in in the range.

PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Glass
    Glass
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Fire rune, or a meteor that hits you while you're jumping can put in in the range.

I forgot to say that, when it happened in the arena bg it was that for sure, I thought it could come from that, we were fighting at the enemy's respawn area and I took an uppercut to the face. However when it happened in Arcane University we were fighting upstairs and in Mor khazgur was in the middle, i can't remember what type of hit I took but certainly wasn't near a respawn.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some poorly coded areas in BGs that will result in environmental damage if you’re unlucky enough to hit that precise coordinate. I’ve mostly had it happen to me near spawn sites, but have also seen it happen in bizarre places (usually when sticking to the corners of certain structural elements, or upon getting feared into walls by NBs). If it happens again, open your map and take a screen shot of your precise location, then send in a bug report. The devs are aware of some of these locations and in the process of fixing them, as you can see in some recent patch notes.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Glass wrote: »

I forgot to say that, when it happened in the arena bg it was that for sure, I thought it could come from that, we were fighting at the enemy's respawn area and I took an uppercut to the face. However when it happened in Arcane University we were fighting upstairs and in Mor khazgur was in the middle, i can't remember what type of hit I took but certainly wasn't near a respawn.

Was it damage from the red portals?
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For arcane library it was almost certainly the 50% HP oblivion dmg from the red portals (mark of the worm in your recap). Only way to get it is to go upstairs.

I have no clue about mor khazgur though
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Glass
    Glass
    ✭✭✭

For arcane library it was almost certainly the 50% HP oblivion dmg from the red portals (mark of the worm in your recap). Only way to get it is to go upstairs.

It was environmental damage for the total amount of my health in the recap. Mark of the worm says mark of the worm, and it has also a very distinguishable animation. I'm talking about instant death all three times.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was environmental damage for the total amount of my health in the recap. Mark of the worm says mark of the worm, and it has also a very distinguishable animation. I'm talking about instant death all three times.

That's from being in the wrong spot then. I know there are height limitations. You prob got bumped too high.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds