The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I am confused

rkknoechel
rkknoechel
Soul Shriven
So I have an apartment. It was my understanding I could place at least 15 things there. I placed a storage container. I had a trophy, a bed and a couple lights. I bought another storage container. I received a message it could not be placed because I reached a limit. So I am really confused about this. Ultimately I want to place every crafting station and multiple storage units for each. I don't understand how this can be done. Even if I have a Manor...how much can I place in it? How do I understand what can be placed?

Best Answers

• HiLyfe808
    HiLyfe808
    ✭✭✭✭
    So basically they are saying you can only put one storage chest out in your apartment. They are considered a special item and you can only place 1 special item in the apartment. I would assume you still could put down the 7 crafting stations, that it would fall under the 15 regular furnishing.

Manors have more space and in a manor yes you can place all your storage chest plus a ton of crafting stations. If you have ESO Plus the amount of items you can place in your house is 700.
    Answer ✓
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    An inn room (the free ones) only allow 1 collectible furnishing, which storage containers are. So, you can only have 1 storage chest out if you don't have ESO+. With ESO+, you could place 2 storage containers. Trophies also fall into that category, as do other collectible furnishings such as the Vvardenfell map you can earn from a quest, or the free statuettes with ESO+.

From your OP, I gather that you are ESO+ since you placed both a storage container and a trophy in your inn room. If so, then you can also place 30 regular furnishings, so you have plenty of room for your crafting stations (as you would without ESO+).

So, you cannot place all 8 storage containers in your inn room. However, you don't have to have them all placed at once in order to access their contents. You can place a storage container, place/take items, then put the storage container away. The contents are still stored within the container. Then, you can place a different container and place/take items. Rinse/repeat.

ETA: It's also worth noting that if you have furniture stored in any of your storage containers, they will be available to you in the housing editor. Meaning you don't have to have the storage container placed in your home in order to place furnishings within that container in the house. In my Flaming Nix apartment, I have crafting stations stored in one of my chests that is not currently displayed in the house. But, I can access those crafting stations from the housing editor if I want to place and use one. It does mean, however, that if I want to store it again, I have to first display the storage container, place the station back, and then put the container away. But it does allow me to have a nicely decorated apartment without crafting stations taking up space.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on May 17, 2019 6:39PM
    Answer ✓
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The container is in a special category which has it different limit.

Inn Rooms
    Category and limit
    Regular furnishings 15
    Player cap 2
    Special 1
    Collectible 1
    Special collectibles 1

edited to add more information

You can learn more at https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Player_Housing
    Edited by Dojohoda on May 16, 2019 6:46PM
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    The container is in a special category which has it different limit.

agree.gif with this ^^^ ...
  • rkknoechel
    rkknoechel
    Soul Shriven
    Ok. So what is this telling me? How many storage containers and crafting stations are possible? Is my objective even attainable at some point? 7 crafting stations and 14 storage chests?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rkknoechel wrote: »
    Ok. So what is this telling me? How many storage containers and crafting stations are possible? Is my objective even attainable at some point? 7 crafting stations and 14 storage chests?
    Sure, just not in an apartment. You need a house that is big enough for all the special items.

You need to look at the limits before buying a house and see if they match what you are looking for ...
    shades.gif

• rkknoechel
    rkknoechel
    Soul Shriven
    I see a manor can have 40 collectibles and 8 special collectibles, with ESO+. If my storage containers and crafting stations are considered any or all of these I would have plenty of capacity. Am I understanding this correctly?
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rkknoechel wrote: »

You'll never reach 14 storage chests, because there are only eight of them, and you can't have duplicates in any one home. The seven base crafting stations, and all the attunable ones, can be placed in the largest homes.
  • rkknoechel
    rkknoechel
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks everyone for the responses. Things are much clearer for me now!!