Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

What drink?

Morgha_Kul
Morgha_Kul
✭✭✭✭✭
In the various Elder Scrolls games, there are various beverages of an alcoholic nature. I was thinking about it, and wondered what real alcoholic beverages might be closest to each of the ones in the games?

What do you think the ones in the game would taste like, given what we know of their ingredients?

Sujamma, shein, mazte, etc.
Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you go by the ESO recipe...

Sujamma: barley, comberry, lemon
    With that barley, its probably a citrus flavored beer.

Sour Guar Stein: surilie grapes, guarana, lemon
    Surilie grapes are used in the wine from the Skingrad region of Cyrodiil, so I'd guess this is a wine-based drink. Possibly Sangria?
    TES 3 calls it a wine made from comberry.

Mazte: rice
    Possibly a rice wine or sake.
    TES 3 says its made from fermented salt rice.
    TES 5 Dragonborn says its a rice beer made from salt rice.

This thread has more: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/teslore/comments/1t9qxs/are_there_any_details_about_dunmer_alcoholic/
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Delicious, all of them!
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't there a tumblr dedicated to recreating these irl?
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DBZVelena wrote: »

Check out "tastesoftamriel" on Tumblr. It's mostly food but there's drinks too. It's really well done.

Also to OP: if we find out what the heck bervez juice is supposed to be we can make some sort of guess. Right now that ingredient is a serious wild card with no lore I can find at all.
    Edited by worrallj on May 17, 2019 1:10PM
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    worrallj wrote: »

Check out "tastesoftamriel" on Tumblr. It's mostly food but there's drinks too. It's really well done.

Also to OP: if we find out what the heck bervez juice is supposed to be we can make some sort of guess. Right now that ingredient is a serious wild card with no lore I can find at all.

Probably not a lot of helpful info here but, prior to update 6, there was a provisioning ingredient called Bervez Fruit. In Shadowkey Bervez Juice was a potion to restore health and fatigue. Like I said, not a lot of help, but we can pretty safely say it's a fruit with restorative properties (probably why it's used mostly/only in drinks).

Apparently there's research that shows that vitamin C can help accelerate wound healing. So maybe something like citrus fruits, strawberries, pineapple, kiwi and mangos?

You could also go with a grass too. Sounds weird but Berveza Vitae is one of the drinks you could make with Bervez Fruit prior to update 6. Berveza grass is a common name for a perennial grass scientifically known as Eulaliopsis binata. It has no nutritional value and is mostly used to make pulp for paper. Going with the grass theme, Wheatgrass is used as a food, drink, or dietary supplement. And, much to my surprise, Wheatgrass juice is a thing.

The drinks you used to be able to make with Bervez Fruit seem to have all been alcoholic in nature. Bervez Lager, Berveza Vitae (made with malt), and Bervez Wine. Bervez Fruit itself was converted into Wheat when provisioning changed.
    Edited by Number_51 on May 17, 2019 4:23PM
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Number_51 wrote: »
    worrallj wrote: »

Probably not a lot of helpful info here but, prior to update 6, there was a provisioning ingredient called Bervez Fruit. In Shadowkey Bervez Juice was a potion to restore health and fatigue. Like I said, not a lot of help, but we can pretty safely say it's a fruit with restorative properties (probably why it's used mostly/only in drinks).

Apparently there's research that shows that vitamin C can help accelerate wound healing. So maybe something like citrus fruits, strawberries, pineapple, kiwi and mangos?

You could also go with a grass too. Sounds weird but Berveza Vitae is one of the drinks you could make with Bervez Fruit prior to update 6. Berveza grass is a common name for a perennial grass scientifically known as Eulaliopsis binata. It has no nutritional value and is mostly used to make pulp for paper. Going with the grass theme, Wheatgrass is used as a food, drink, or dietary supplement. And, much to my surprise, Wheatgrass juice is a thing.

The drinks you used to be able to make with Bervez Fruit seem to have all been alcoholic in nature. Bervez Lager, Berveza Vitae (made with malt), and Bervez Wine. Bervez Fruit itself was converted into Wheat when provisioning changed.

Thank you I wasn't even sure it was a plant!