The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

More boats achieve furnishings please

Shadow_Akula
Shadow_Akula
✭✭✭✭✭
So probably won’t get anything out of ZoS but I’m gonna try suggesting this anyway.

The idea would be small row boats around the size of the current fishing boat for master angler, however without the sail and in racial styles, the idea would be these would be unlocked when one achieves the dlc zone master fishing achievements.

E.g. dark elf style row boat for completing morrowind master angler, high elf for Summerset, Argonian for Murkmire (something other than the shallow draft swamp boats) etc.

The reason I suggest this is because at the minute I don’t think there’s any incentive to fish in most dlc zones (sure artaeum and Summerset have motifs and recipes, but no other zone does), no titles, no dyes, no achieve furnishings. Also I suggest a row boat because the regular fishing boat with small sail does not appeal to everyone (neither will a row boat but it gives more flexibility and allows one to add a small sail if they wish to do so)

S.A.96

Update: in fact include sail boats, give both sail boats and row boats as achievement furnishings, the time it takes for the average player in just one zone for fishing achievements are surely worth 2 options for the achievement furnishings
Edited by Shadow_Akula on May 16, 2019 4:34PM
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    great idea
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • JadeCoin
    JadeCoin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love this idea. It would make for a great collection!
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like more boats, but I think I would prefer a variety of sail boats, personally.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    More boats; luxury or achievement vendor, whatever.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great idea! This would allow me to finally have a boat (since I'm never gonna fish in Cyrodiil).
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    I'd like more boats, but I think I would prefer a variety of sail boats, personally.

See I don’t know how much of the community would prefer sail boats vs row boats or some other type so I left it as row boats since people could just add a sail vs someone who can’t remove a sail when they want...

However I’ve been thinking maybe they should release both types of boat as achievement furnishings. The amount of time that goes into each zone’s fishing achievement is surely worth 2 achievement furnishing options no?

Update: updated the original post with the 2 options idea
    Edited by Shadow_Akula on May 16, 2019 4:35PM
  • ZAD1ST
    ZAD1ST
    ✭✭✭
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Great idea! This would allow me to finally have a boat (since I'm never gonna fish in Cyrodiil).

I thought it would be a pain. Cyrodiil was actually quite smooth. I didn’t run into anyone other than one friendly at the yellow gate.

I recommend a no CP campaign, and stay off the direct paths between keeps. CP zerglings are thirsty.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart