The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tank Heavy Medium Light Pieces Doubt 4/1/1

nator316
nator316
Soul Shriven
For the Medium and Light Pieces which part of the armor is best to have for both pieces, currently got Belt as Light Piece and Boots as Medium but no real idea which is best stat wise.
  • Caleb_Kadesh
    Caleb_Kadesh
    ✭✭✭
    waist, hands, feet or shoulders. Doesn't matter which.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no difference in the minor pieces. They all contribute the same percentage. Generally let your luck with the head/shoulder monster set dictate what goes elsewhere, as you have little control, especially the helm.
  • Nolic1
    Nolic1
    ✭✭✭
    Waist and gloves are best for thatit will give you the most resistances you can have but I prefer using a medium helm with a light belt and its only off but a small amount not enough to worry about.
    Sherman from Sherman's Gaming

Youtube content creator that is dedicated to the Casual and Roleplay community for News, Lets Talks, Guides, Help and character builds.

Youtube channel link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    waist, hands, feet or shoulders. Doesn't matter which.

Helmets and shoulders provide the same armor rating.
  • nator316
    nator316
    Soul Shriven
    And for other classes, Roles, Im trying to figure out whats the norm on 4/1/1 and 5/2 sets the lesser pieces which do players normally select to wear on.

Like Stam NB 5/2 players grab Head and Shoulders as Heavy Pieces to wear.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, resistances on pieces in ascending order:

belt < gloves < boots/legs/helmet/shoulders < chest

Thus, ideally, you would want your lightest piece to be belt/gloves and heaviest to be chest. In practice all of this goes out the window the second you start using non-crafted sets since they only come in one weight. The only way to make 5/1/1 or 5/2 with non-crafted sets is through your monster helm/shoulder and this is what most people do.

And to be honest, the difference in resistances is fairly marginal and not really worth it anyway. So don't sweat it.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I vouch for the comment before mine (@Royaji) since all other answers are either inaccurate or lacking in explanation.
    Edited by zvavi on May 14, 2019 9:40AM
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nator316 wrote: »
    For the Medium and Light Pieces which part of the armor is best to have for both pieces, currently got Belt as Light Piece and Boots as Medium but no real idea which is best stat wise.

For ease, I tend to make it shoulder and head, because that is where I am running my monster set of course, and its relatively easy to get the pieces in alternative armour types.

That tends to be how I run most of my characters, using the monster set to gain the passives etc from the other armour types, although I do mix it up depending on character and role.