Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Selling Stuff?

Azuzza
Azuzza
Soul Shriven
New to the game this week. I am enjoying it however I am feeling pretty lost. I've been following along on quests and I'm trying to learn the crafting system. From what I've read so far there are "trading guilds". Is there another way to sell stuff without joining one of those? Is there a broker of some sort?

Best Answer

• RodneyRegis
    RodneyRegis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, as above, there's no point buying or selling stuff at this stage. Far more important things too worry about. You won't have the gold to buy anything worthwhile, and you wouldn't be able to use it as you're not at 160. The start of the game gold is a real pain, but it soon becomes much easier to manage. Just sell your unused stuff to a vendor or deconstuct/research it. You can get all the armour you need from questing. Definitely learn to craft!
    Answer ✓
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but it means the dark ways... also know as spam the chat with your junk until someone want it.
    Basically if you really want to get in to the market, you need a Trading Guild if not you will be fine with chat spam
    Edited by yRaven on May 16, 2019 1:31AM
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ways to sell things:

To NPC Vendors: ornate gear, junk gear, stuff marked with the money bag symbol, and stolen goods are all best sold to NPC Vendors or Fences.

In Zone Chat: type something like "WTS [link item]" into zone chat. You'll want to have some idea of the worth of the item, either through TTC, add-ons, or searching other guild stores to figure out prices. If someone wants to buy it, you'll send the item via C.O.D. mail for the agreed upon price.

In a trading guild: with Elsweyr, you'll be able to search for guilds to apply to, which should make these easier. I usually look at advertisements in zone chat for a guild that suits my selling style.

In a trading guild, you'll get 30 listings where you can list items for whatever price you want.

Trading guilds have to bid every week to keep their trader spot, so many have some sort of participation requirement. Some make have required sales, raffle ticket buys, etc. I've been able to find guilds that fit my sales, since I like to farm alchemy mats which makes for steady gold.

Hope that helps!
    Edited by VaranisArano on May 16, 2019 1:55AM
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the game.

This is just a friendly, informative message...... a majority of the items you get while leveling your first character aren't really worth much, except what you can get at an NPC vendor. You can try wasting some of your time spamming in zone chat, but until you reach level 50 and CP 160 (the max CP an item will drop at) it's not worth the energy. I would honestly recommend just deconstructing a lot of your items to level up your crafting skills. Once you get higher level, gold is easy to make so I wouldn't stress about it at this point.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Azuzza wrote: »
    New to the game this week. I am enjoying it however I am feeling pretty lost. I've been following along on quests and I'm trying to learn the crafting system. From what I've read so far there are "trading guilds". Is there another way to sell stuff without joining one of those? Is there a broker of some sort?

There are trading guilds that don't charge fees to join. If you're on pc/na there are guilds I could send you invitations for, if you were interested.

If you're making a crafter, a good start is to get as much research started/done as you can. The first few traits will go fast, however every additional trait will about double the time it takes to finish the research.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    99% of the stuff you get while leveling to CP160 is best deconstructed to level your crafting skills. While crafting is not a requirement, it does make the game better.

Nice thing, you can level Blacksmithing, Woodworking, Clothing and Enchanting thru decon alone and not have to invest any skill points.

However, if you are going to craft, research your traits, and start now. I have some posts in the crafting section on how to do that.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Azuzza
    Azuzza
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks all for the help