The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Night of Snipe - probably my last bow gank video before the nerf patch.

Dr_Ganknstein
Dr_Ganknstein
✭✭✭✭✭
With the upcoming nerfs on the way, I went ahead and spent almost an entire night on my bow ganker. :D
Been having a lot of fun on my ooooolld Templar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6SE63kykww
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Delete snipe
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    Delete snipe

Don't take it personal... it's just business.
    Edited by Dr_Ganknstein on May 13, 2019 4:26PM
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omg man that was an incredibly entertaining video XD

I never agreed with snipe damage nerf. It was always the stun from stealth, defile and cloaking away by nightblade that made the skills damage seem too powerful. (oops and the lag)

On a typically build stamina toon with balanced defense, offense and sustain, snipe always hits like a wet noodle.

They should have just completely removed the defile for something else. The same could be said for dark flare, which took a almost double the damage nerf snipe did...on a class that can't just cloak away.

Patch has made me very salty. I was going to play magcro, but after templar nerfs I'm just having nostalgia from patches of old when templar was nerfed needlessly time and time again for years. Summerset era was a decent time for magplar...its a shame they are going back to their previous summerset ways of shitting on templar.

But...awesome video. Thanks for the dark flare homage at the end XD
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My snipes still better
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »

I never agreed with snipe damage nerf. It was always the stun from stealth, defile and cloaking away by nightblade that made the skills damage seem too powerful. (oops and the lag)

On a typically build stamina toon with balanced defense, offense and sustain, snipe always hits like a wet noodle.

They should have just completely removed the defile for something else. The same could be said for dark flare, which took a almost double the damage nerf snipe did...on a class that can't just cloak away.

Patch has made me very salty. I was going to play magcro, but after templar nerfs I'm just having nostalgia from patches of old when templar was nerfed needlessly time and time again for years. Summerset era was a decent time for magplar...its a shame they are going back to their previous summerset ways of shitting on templar.

Thanks man, yeah I had to add dark flare at the end. -37% is a huge nerf.
  • Corpier
    Corpier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for this last reminder of why the nerf was justified.

Nice vid btw, very entertaining, very funny. You should do more.
    Edited by Corpier on May 14, 2019 4:33AM
    @Corpier | PC/NA CP1300+

My Characters:
    AD
    A Príorí: Highelf - Magicka Sorcerer
    DC
    Corpier: Orc - Stamina Nightblade
    Corpier: Orc - Stamina Sorcerer
    EP
    A Fortiori: Darkelf - Magicka Nightblade
    A Posteriori: Darkelf - Magicka Dragonknight
    Bertha Ironsides: Imperial - Dragonknight Tank
    Corpier: Breton - Magicka Templar
    Corpíer: Orc - Stamina Templar
    CorpÌer: Orc - Stamina Warden
    Corpier: Orc - Stamina Necromancer
    Logen'Bloody-Nine'Fingers: Orc - Stamina Dragonknight
  • LoreToo
    LoreToo
    ✭✭✭
    Great vid! But you still can do snipe + ambush + incap, that will work good, so overall dps loss will be around 12% for that combo.
    And more of that: what can you do with +5m range? Alot. Try eagle eye for example
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's sorta funny is many few ganks are just a bruised ego (why?) and 40 AP for the Kagrenac's bot role. And yet the ganks are being nerfed.... wait it is because if gankers were able to kill more people then the Necromancer's resurrection ultimate would be indirectly buffed! What a genius move by ZOS to be so subtle and forward thinking in their nerfs to such a powerful ability!
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    darkblue5 wrote: »
    What's sorta funny is many few ganks are just a bruised ego (why?) and 40 AP for the Kagrenac's bot role. And yet the ganks are being nerfed.... wait it is because if gankers were able to kill more people then the Necromancer's resurrection ultimate would be indirectly buffed! What a genius move by ZOS to be so subtle and forward thinking in their nerfs to such a powerful ability!

Hmm maybe that's why they are buffing a lot of aoe damage abilities lol
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yaaaaasssss OP... Great Vid. I have been turned off by the game since the nerfs were announced, but this video has given me the extra nudge needed to dust off the Gankplar and send him off properly. LET THEM REMEMBER!!!
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    Yaaaaasssss OP... Great Vid. I have been turned off by the game since the nerfs were announced, but this video has given me the extra nudge needed to dust off the Gankplar and send him off properly. LET THEM REMEMBER!!!

Haha nice man. That's basically how I feel about it. The hate mail was heavy that night.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    '"ganktacular" <- God'. And comic sans. I laughed out loud... though I wonder how many of the videos involve people killing me; I'm considering changing my PvP character's name to "Free Kills"
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    '"ganktacular" <- God'. And comic sans. I laughed out loud... though I wonder how many of the videos involve people killing me; I'm considering changing my PvP character's name to "Free Kills"

lol you noticed that quote

oops didnt realize how big the thumbnail was on this forum.
    Edited by Dr_Ganknstein on May 16, 2019 12:20AM
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fully encompassed the issue with Snipe. It really is not too strong on a balanced build. Neither was Dark Flare which was actually stronger than Snipe but didn't have the support of longer range, Cloak invisibility with guaranteed crit.

Curse+Force Pulse weave is far more pressure on a normal build without any of the disadvantages of a cast time.

Combination of Major Defile, range, Cloak, Minor Berserk, Guaranteed crit allowing full advantage of Shadow mundus, and shade allows for a full glass cannon. You can do Snipe ganking on non NBs but not with the same effectiveness.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fully encompassed the issue with Snipe. It really is not too strong on a balanced build. Neither was Dark Flare which was actually stronger than Snipe but didn't have the support of longer range, Cloak invisibility with guaranteed crit.

Curse+Force Pulse weave is far more pressure on a normal build without any of the disadvantages of a cast time.

Combination of Major Defile, range, Cloak, Minor Berserk, Guaranteed crit allowing full advantage of Shadow mundus, and shade allows for a full glass cannon. You can do Snipe ganking on non NBs but not with the same effectiveness.

Were you not entertained? That guaranteed crit doesn't seem to work on guards.