The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Whats the correct Oder to play the DLCs and Chapters?

mann9753b16_ESO
mann9753b16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
After finishing the main quest, how should I go into the DLC/Chapter content so that I am playing them in the right order lore wise?
  • Ildun
    Ildun
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess just follow release date? But this video show Morrowind before Clockwork City

https://youtube.com/watch?v=7fX_9HG1veE
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/updates

IC->Orsinium->Thieves Guild->Dark Brotherhood->Morrowind->CWC->Summerset->Murkmire

I also would go CWC before Morrowind
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lore wise;

Main
    Craglorn
    Imperial City
    Orsinium
    Morrowind
    Clockwork
    Summerset
    Murkmire
    Elsweyr

Dungeon DLC can really be done whenever, as can Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • mann9753b16_ESO
    mann9753b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The big ones where order matters are Orsinium, Morrowind, Clockwork City, and Summerset. Beyond that, its just chronoloical in order of release.

Orsinium happens after the Main Quest and has an easter egg that teases content in Clockwork City and Summerset.

Morrowind -> Clockwork City -> Summerset forms the Daedric Wars story arc.
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why CWC before Morrowind?
    Seems like that might spoil the end of the Morrowind main quest where we visit CWC for the first time, as well as smaller connections in both being out of order. I could see possibly starting CWC during the final couple Morrowind main quests. That would have Fyr introduce us to CWC rather then Barilzar, just prior to chasing Barbas through there.

I kinda wonder what happens if you have both quests going at that point. Is the Clockwork Vault actually two separate instances? One with Barilzar, and one with Fyr?
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Own Alliance/Mages Guild/Fighters Guild -> Coldharbour/Main Quest -> Cadwell's Silver -> Cadwell's Gold -> Craglorn -> Cyrodiil -> Imperial City -> Orsinium -> Thieves Guild -> Dark Brotherhood -> Morrowind -> Clockwork City -> Summerset -> Murkmire -> Elsweyr etc.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    Lore wise;

Main
    Craglorn
    Imperial City
    Orsinium
    Morrowind
    Clockwork
    Summerset
    Murkmire
    Elsweyr

Dungeon DLC can really be done whenever, as can Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood.

This is the order they were released. However, it is only Morrowind, Clockwork, and Summerset that have a slight thread that connects them in that order.

One could technically say Orsinium is connected because there is an extremely vague conversation at the end that says something will be happening next but nothing in the story is really connected.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Also the sweet roll killer refference the daugther of naryu/veya destructive future so its before morrowind

And i gess the wrathstone dungeons goes before elseweyr

So
    Main quest start
    Aliance zone
    Coldharbour
    Main quest end
    Cadwell silver
    Cadwell gold
    Imperial city(molag bal last attempt on nirn)

Craglorn (stated to be after the end of the planemeld)

Orsinium(also stated to be after the planemeld and the prophet spoke of the future morowind and cwc)

Dark Brotherhood (the sweet roll killer speak of veya dark future)

Morowind
    Clockwork city
    Summerset
    Murkmire
    Wrathstone dungeon
    Elsweyr

Thieve guild can be done anywhere
    All dungeon dlc exept wrathstone can go anywhere
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    JD2013 wrote: »
    Lore wise;

Main
    Craglorn
    Imperial City
    Orsinium
    Morrowind
    Clockwork
    Summerset
    Murkmire
    Elsweyr

This is the order they were released. However, it is only Morrowind, Clockwork, and Summerset that have a slight thread that connects them in that order.

One could technically say Orsinium is connected because there is an extremely vague conversation at the end that says something will be happening next but nothing in the story is really connected.

Orsinium definitely needs to fall between Coldharbour MQ and Summerset. There are more reason then just the ending conversation.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would recommend STARTING Dark Brotherhood (don’t have to finish it, though) before Thieves Guild, just for Blade of Woe. Will make life a lot easier.
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely do the Gold Coast before Morrowind.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Saint wrote: »
    Actually it makes more sense to do Morrowind first, then CWC. Because as long as the trouble in CWC is unresolved, the final excursion of Morrowind makes more sense (if you do CWC first, and resolve the issue there... should not a certain someone have noticed and put his foot down on that daedric dog trying to make a mess in the final confrontation of Morrowind?)

In any case...
    ...I would suggest that no matter where you start, as soon as you are out of whatever tutorial you get, go do the coldharbour tutorial by teleporting to your faction starting city (Davon's Watch, Daggerfall, Vukhel Guard) and speak with the mysterious benefactor... then go the old, "classic" routle of starter isle - alliance regions - coldharbour and finish the mainstory that way.

Then you can do Imperial City (bring friends, many, many friends!), or not, as you choose (it -is- very ganky, but... does a little "aftermath sequel" to the mainstory, so there is that), do Cadwells for the other alliances storylines (and to unlock all those wayshrines, grab the skyshards and lorebooks), then go Craglorn and then... it is time to start Orsinium, since you DO know how long Sturga has been looking for YOU! :p

TG and DB can technically be done whenever, though it helps if you already did all the mainstory region wayshrines as you may have to travel to places on occasion, so I'd suggest doing them after cadwells. And there is some cryptic hinting at the end of DB, so I would also suggest to do it before the whole "daedric triad plot" storyline...

Most dungeon DLCs tend to be all standalone and not having connections to the storylines... so can be done whenever. Notable exception is wrathstone, though I suppose it -can- be done earlier in the story (and then assume Abner just needs the extra time to do his research or whatever).

After Orsinium, you may wish to look towards the next big storyline... together with the prequel questlines - (Alessio Guilon: Missing Prophecy) - Morrowind, (Order of the Eye dispatch: Knives and Long Shadows) - Clockwork City, and (Vanus Galerion: Through a Veil Darkly) - Summerset for the "triad conspiracy" plot, in that order. (and yeah, it makes a great deal of sense to leave those prequel quests lying until that point!)

And then... its time for a little archeological expedition, first the Cyrodillic Collections prep prolouge and daily questings, then Murkmire.

Until finally... Elsweyr is beckoning, and here it finally makes sense to do two "Wrathstone" dungeons (Frostvault & Malatar) and then the "message from Abner Tharn" prequel quest and as many as the following up "prepare" dailies as you might enjoy, before... going Elsweyr (once it goes live for you)
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Saint wrote: »

That makes zero sense. CWC is a direct sequel to Morrowind. Morrowind literally ends with you going to the Clockwork City.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on May 16, 2019 3:58PM
  • Ildun
    Ildun
    ✭✭✭✭

Wait, what?! Now only I know Imperial City has main story content, why they put such important thing in PvP zone?
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ildun wrote: »

Wait, what?! Now only I know Imperial City has main story content, why they put such important thing in PvP zone?
    It is not -quite- mainstory. More like... an afterword. It can be played at any time after the mainstory, showing Molag Bals last desperate attempt to get a foothold on Nirn after his whole planemeld plot gets ended... or it can be safely ignored and left for someday. Doesn't matter much for any of the other stories I guess...
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because at that point ZOS expected that players would actually enjoy mixing PVP and PVE.

Imperial City's population problems were the nail in that particular coffin.

Its an excellent storyline, and well worth the risk of PVP.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The order that I did them in. Anything else is incorrect.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Ildun
    Ildun
    ✭✭✭✭

Because at that point ZOS expected that players would actually enjoy mixing PVP and PVE.

Imperial City's population problems were the nail in that particular coffin.

Its an excellent storyline, and well worth the risk of PVP.

I never understand why people including dev think we should risk ourselves in PVE content, and it is totally immersion breaking.